cambridgeshire canary

Slaven Bilic says he wont replicate our approach to recruitment, claiming we 'haven't even tried anything'

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

Leeds, Villa and West Brom for me. It’s a long season and the others have the experienced players you need to grind out a string of results 

Absolutely no chance villa or leeds will go down.

Said at the start of the season Fulham, WBA & Burnley would go. 

Burnley bought in no new players in a squad which seriously needed freshening up. 

12 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Absolutely no chance villa or leeds will go down.

Said at the start of the season Fulham, WBA & Burnley would go. 

Burnley bought in no new players in a squad which seriously needed freshening up. 

I agree with this, with Palace and Sheff utd in and around it - this season is about scoring goals and neither seem to be capable. That said, if Ings is out for a long time Southampton could well slump. Terrible season to predict results though, my fantasy league score is tragic.

But Leeds have been in free fall the last few games - now down to 12th and once Bamford gets it into his head he is some kind of superstar they've had it.  And with Bielsa burn out we'll soon be singing "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again!".  The Blades will come good - as others say their team spirit as a minimum will get them through.

NB:  This message was brought to you to represent the views of South Yorkshire people - we all hate Leeds, hate Leeds etc.

• Haha 1

I can't see Leeds or Villa going down. I thought at the start of the season it would be Fulham, West Brom and any one of a number of teams for the final relegation slot, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

However, considering that Burnley and Sheffield United, two solid but unspectacular sides, are both currently on one point each and eleven and nine points behind Villa and Leeds respectively, it will be incredibly tough for either of them to bridge that gap between now and May as I don't think Burnley and Sheffield United are any better than Leeds and Villa.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

But Leeds have been in free fall the last few games - now down to 12th and once Bamford gets it into his head he is some kind of superstar they've had it.  And with Bielsa burn out we'll soon be singing "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again!".  The Blades will come good - as others say their team spirit as a minimum will get them through.

NB:  This message was brought to you to represent the views of South Yorkshire people - we all hate Leeds, hate Leeds etc.

I would personally prefer to see Villa sink but I don't think it's going to happen. I think Bamford is going to struggle at some point (he has surprised me tbh) but I wouldn't be surprised to see a new striker there if they are doing OK in January and can justify the fincances.

As for Sheff utd - No fans though, seems to be making a big difference to the 'spirit'. 

Appreciate it’s paper talk, but funny old game.

West Brom could consider appointing Lee Bowyer, the manager of League One side Charlton, if they continue to struggle under Slaven Bilic. 

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Appreciate it’s paper talk, but funny old game.

West Brom could consider appointing Lee Bowyer, the manager of League One side Charlton, if they continue to struggle under Slaven Bilic. 

Do they know who he is?

Doesn’t this just show the futility of promotion? We would likely be in the same boat should we go up. 

• Like 1

Being widely reported Bilic is about to be replaced with Big Sam, oh well at least West Brom are trying something..... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Being widely reported Bilic is about to be replaced with Big Sam, oh well at least West Brom are trying something..... 😂

Odd. I thought Bilic might have recommended Laurent Blanc to succeed him...🤓

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Well Bilic's approach seems to have failed him!

As you suggested - he's been sacked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55253670

Edited by Badger

Bilic was on borrowed time from the moment he criticised the owners lack of support in public. He said some silly stuff and made some daft decisions on how to spend the money he was given (£20m on players he had on loan and £15m on Karlan Grant, all unproven in the EPL).

If Allardyce gets the gig, the first thing he will do in January is bring in experience. Is Kevin Nolan available?

On 27/07/2020 at 10:03, komakino said:

Norwich City contempt for the PL has been widely condemned this season - and rightly so. 

There is no pressure from the top downwards, because the owners don't like the PL as they made clear in the infamous Times article. There is no pressure from there fans either, because many appear to be glad we are back in The Championship. Have we the most unambitious fans in Europe, because we have the most unambitious owners in Europe? 

Norwich City is the model of failure which no club will repeat. 

Interesting, because West Brom and Sheffield United seem to be doing a pretty grand job of being worse than we are AND spending far more money in the process.

How I wish we had West Broms ambitious owners...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Interesting, because West Brom and Sheffield United seem to be doing a pretty grand job of being worse than we are AND spending far more money in the process.

How I wish we had West Broms ambitious owners...

When the season was halted (after which allowances have to made for the unreality, especially since we had just got past Spurs in the FA Cup and beaten Leicester City) we had 21 points from 29 games, so 0.72 points per game. WBA so far have 0.55 ppg and Sheffield United 0.26 ppg. Even our final tally of 0.5526 is on track to beat both theirs. It would be interesting to hear komakino's thoughts now, but that poster is very much a bird of passage.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Great stuff Hoggy 👍

But you risk having your name added to the Necronomicon 🙃

To be fair I think this one can be allowed given its a relevant case of humble pie 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair I think this one can be allowed given its a relevant case of humble pie 😉

So are you ***Official*** Judge of the Necronomicon? Just need to understand where this new category fits into the board rules.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

So are you ***Official*** Judge of the Necronomicon? Just need to understand where this new category fits into the board rules.

Its simple NS, if NN (or FF/duncan agree in NNs rare absence) it is permitted. That way no one gets offended.