Jump to content
pete

The season is over now

Recommended Posts

Every commentator is stressing the season must be completed.  But it is relatively straight forward to engineer the season will not be played, 38 games must be played according to PL rules.  That will be impossible if any club decides to prevent that.  Norwich City have around 25 players across the and first team squad  if one individual either contracts or claims they have contracted the virus at a time  at  and the non infected ones self isolate for the 7/14 days on each occasion could extend the virus for an indefinite period.  Until all of relevant personnel have had the virus and recovered when the ruse will no longer be valid and cannot be used as a reason for not playing.  

Not saying City would be so duplicitous but sabotaging any early return to football will be a relatively simple exercise to stymie the PL.

 That is why the season will not be completed until all playing and coaching and club associated personnel have been infected and recovered until then the seasons end will be unknown.  The high jinks only need to start once the PL announce season restart the restart can be setback rapidly.

This scenario may come to fruition even without the skullduggery as prescribed above.  The 20 teams need to be free from the virus during the entirety of the duration of the remainder of the season to ensure completion which seems an unlikely prospect.  In fact until virus completely irradicated the chance of infection will always be a live issue.  Maybe no football until there is no more virus every person has been infected and recovered  until then there will be uncertainty

Not just a football issue.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it that makes you think you will only get the virus once? There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest this is the case. 

How many times have you had a cold? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete said:

Every commentator is stressing the season must be completed.  But it is relatively straight forward to engineer the season will not be played, 38 games must be played according to PL rules.  That will be impossible if any club decides to prevent that.  Norwich City have around 25 players across the and first team squad  if one individual either contracts or claims they have contracted the virus at a time  at  and the non infected ones self isolate for the 7/14 days on each occasion could extend the virus for an indefinite period.  Until all of relevant personnel have had the virus and recovered when the ruse will no longer be valid and cannot be used as a reason for not playing.  

Not saying City would be so duplicitous but sabotaging any early return to football will be a relatively simple exercise to stymie the PL.

 That is why the season will not be completed until all playing and coaching and club associated personnel have been infected and recovered until then the seasons end will be unknown.  The high jinks only need to start once the PL announce season restart the restart can be setback rapidly.

This scenario may come to fruition even without the skullduggery as prescribed above.  The 20 teams need to be free from the virus during the entirety of the duration of the remainder of the season to ensure completion which seems an unlikely prospect.  In fact until virus completely irradicated the chance of infection will always be a live issue.  Maybe no football until there is no more virus every person has been infected and recovered  until then there will be uncertainty

Not just a football issue.. 

The authorities would have to be stupid not to realise this.

But who knows maybe they are that stupid.

I expect them to kick it into the even longer grass when they next meet.

by that time nul and void will be fait accompli and the weeping can begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can’t see how the season finishes now anyway even behind closed doors. Johnson said in his press conference tonight that no medical services will now attend events or gatherings, you can’t have a football match without ambulances and medics available for the players in case of serious injury

Edited by JF
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JF said:

I can’t see how the season finishes now anyway even behind closed doors. Johnson said in his press conference tonight that no medical services will now attend events or gatherings, you can’t have a football match without ambulances and medics available for the players in case of serious injury

Quite correct. It surely would mean clubs would find it hard to find insurance ....or pay for it! 12 weeks takes us to early/mid June. The BBC health correspondent today intimated that the peak could come around 10 to 12 weeks time (numbers) depending on whether the latest government guidance is adhered to well. That is a long time, indeed it feels an eternity  in the life of this virus. The Euros may well be cancelled to try and help domestic leagues to finish but I cannot see the current season being ressurected then at this point in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, this is becoming a tad obscene. Who really cares about football when you can't even go to the pub? When 5 old boys around a table having a pint and talking about Ron Saunders could close the Norfolk and Norwich? Airlines demanding bailouts, banks shafting, credit card companies uncontrolled.....these are the topics of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Sorry, this is becoming a tad obscene. Who really cares about football when you can't even go to the pub? When 5 old boys around a table having a pint and talking about Ron Saunders could close the Norfolk and Norwich? Airlines demanding bailouts, banks shafting, credit card companies uncontrolled.....these are the topics of the day.

You do realise what forum you are on, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ian said:

You do realise what forum you are on, right?

Brexit Forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What is it that makes you think you will only get the virus once? There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest this is the case. 

How many times have you had a cold? 

Our former keeper Theoklitos caught a cold, twice

.................................he dropped it both times though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JF said:

I can’t see how the season finishes now anyway even behind closed doors. Johnson said in his press conference tonight that no medical services will now attend events or gatherings, you can’t have a football match without ambulances and medics available for the players in case of serious injury

 

Just finish it off at a goals soccer centre with a load of 30 minute 5 a side games.

Play it over three days, stick it on the box. Bank holiday weekend may be a good time, will persuade the general public to stay in to watch it so they aren't out spreading the virus. And the bookies can make a bit of cash, no other sport to bet on is there! 

Yeah some teams are missing a few players but all will have enough to put out three or four good 5 a side teams with a bit of rotation. 

I'd happily give Sky £30 to watch a few days of footy!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penalty shoot outs !

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

 

Just finish it off at a goals soccer centre with a load of 30 minute 5 a side games.

Play it over three days, stick it on the box. Bank holiday weekend may be a good time, will persuade the general public to stay in to watch it so they aren't out spreading the virus. And the bookies can make a bit of cash, no other sport to bet on is there! 

Yeah some teams are missing a few players but all will have enough to put out three or four good 5 a side teams with a bit of rotation. 

I'd happily give Sky £30 to watch a few days of footy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon it should be decided with a penalty shootout. 😉


In Krul we trust.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grando said:

I reckon it should be decided with a penalty shootout. 😉


In Krul we trust.

I wish I hadn't thought of that.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by the modelling coming out from Imperial College, I think we can forget about this season and will be lucky to resume the season before 2021-2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

 

Just finish it off at a goals soccer centre with a load of 30 minute 5 a side games.

Play it over three days, stick it on the box. Bank holiday weekend may be a good time, will persuade the general public to stay in to watch it so they aren't out spreading the virus. And the bookies can make a bit of cash, no other sport to bet on is there! 

Yeah some teams are missing a few players but all will have enough to put out three or four good 5 a side teams with a bit of rotation. 

I'd happily give Sky £30 to watch a few days of footy!

When you think how much money that Sky Bet rakes in, they could afford to show the games for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

Judging by the modelling coming out from Imperial College, I think we can forget about this season and will be lucky to resume the season before 2021-2022.

Do you have a link to this information, by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing is a total mess, as a Ipswich lad I think the season should be completed but not for the reason you think, I still have a gut feeling you will stay up, it's just going to be so many legal cases if they end it early, solicitors will be rubbing there hands in joy at this situation! What happens to the money that went out this season if its null and void? Teams return it? Go without next season as technically they have been paid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indy said:

Brexit Forum?

Aah Brexit. Such simpler times. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Do you have a link to this information, by any chance?

BBC screenshot attached, can try and find original press conference thread, but this was an accurate summary.

IMG_20200316_233802.jpg

Edited by Ian
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2020 at 16:06, dylanisabaddog said:

What is it that makes you think you will only get the virus once? at makes you There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest this is the case. 

How many times have you had a cold? 

This is one of the most important factors to be discovered about this unknown virus.

It is vital that scientists/medics establish one way or the other asap.

Traditionally humans build up an immunity to these types of viruses (eg. flu and flu jabs)but there have been one or two reports(mainly from China) of people catching it twice.This has to  be mitigated by the fact that these people might not have been  clear of it in the first place and also that the medical evidence might be unsound.)

The other factor is that a virus such as this develops different strains, but these are usually weaker.

It would be a massive relief if it were established once and for all that the human immune system can withstand further exposure once the victim has succumbed to it before.

In many ways this is a fairly mild virus compared with SARS and even flu.The main problem is that it is so easily transmitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2020 at 23:41, Ian said:

BBC screenshot attached, can try and find original press conference thread, but this was an accurate summary.

IMG_20200316_233802.jpg

You see the problem with that is where it says BBC NEWS.

They've been looking at a doomsday scenario since this started, seem to have an agenda against the government. 

I can't see this season being completed any time soon, however, don't believe everything media outlets tell you.

ie. China has pretty much seen the back of it now.

If news readers tell you it's raining, stick your head out the window and open your eyes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Number9 said:

 

I can't see this season being completed any time soon, however, don't believe everything media outlets tell you.

ie. China has pretty much seen the back of it now.

If news readers tell you it's raining, stick your head out the window and open your eyes. 

 

Putting a hand out would be sufficient, and wash it when you bring it in, why risk infection!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Van wink said:

Putting a hand out would be sufficient, and wash it when you bring it in, why risk infection!

Just for you VW. Today to me from China - part of an RFQ. I will be turning my full attention to sales now in China as the rest of the world is pretty much ****-up! 

"As you knew, COVID-19 virus has been spreading severely since the end of 2019 until now.  Our regional offices were gradually open recently.  How about the situation in UK? Everything OK?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penalty shoot outs to determine the outstanding matches might just be the only not 'null & void' answer.

I do hope Farke has a got all the squad practising penalties - able to hit a six-pence top left or top right time after time after time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Just for you VW. Today to me from China - part of an RFQ. I will be turning my full attention to sales now in China as the rest of the world is pretty much ****-up! 

"As you knew, COVID-19 virus has been spreading severely since the end of 2019 until now.  Our regional offices were gradually open recently.  How about the situation in UK? Everything OK?"

 

And your reply was..........Yep all Tickety-Boo!

Are you sure he was asking for a quote and not a valuation of your company ?  You could try asking for reparations 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Fifa is the way forward to finish the season. A 22 man Fifa game with the actual players controlling themselves. I would 100% watch that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

?  You could try asking for reparations 😉

Or perhaps a tin of bat soup and a Pangolin burger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I can see that the season might be completed is if there is no football for a year until March 2021. Timescales would allow it to complete before the Euros while there wouldn't be time to complete a new season so there would be a logic to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...