Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

57 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

If true that most of the country has already had the virus then that's got to be good news, presumably these 3.5 million antibody testing kits will be used to test this theory.

It would certainly explain one statistic that has been puzzling me; that only 10% of our tests are positive. My understanding is that most of those tested are already ill in hospital so I'm surprised more aren't showing as infected.

I thought pretty much the same.

The ratio of positive to negative tests could be explained by the one is hospital being the last to get it and rest having recovered, but it does seem an oddity.

Like you say, easily tested and easily dismissed.  Which I fear it will be.

Originally they were testing contacts who could have been potentially infected so the rate was only about 1% at the start but now because of testing capacity restrictions they are only testing people in hospital who will be sick and therefore more likely to test positive. Therefore the 10pc is a mix of the 1pc previously tested in a more general population and those sick in hospital who are likely to show a higher infection rate. Antibody testing will add a lot clearer overall picture of the impact and it is all just theory until more testing is performed. Just like we saw the vulnerable group revised as more actual data became available. . 

Just seen a Facebook video of what’s happening in Spain, hospitals now full, decisons being made about life or death, this is going to get very, very scary.

It appears Prince Charles has the virus

though Prince Edward did claim to have felt a little peculier over the weekend

19 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Were you dressed like this?......

image.jpeg.0925c9e937ea0d30216e2bf1eb622d77.jpeg

Black and white, how very dare you!  Spot on apart from that though . . .

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

though Prince Edward did claim to have felt a little peculier over the weekend

Prince Andrew was allegedly feeling a little.... Although he claims to have been in Woking at the time

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Prince Andrew was allegedly feeling a little.... Although he claims to have been in Woking at the time

Andrew had an extremely high temperature made worse by his inability to sweat

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bill said:

they are concerned about Camilla now

she is looking a bit rough it has been reported

probably equinne flu

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

How can they tell?

Interesting by the way, that we can't be bothered to test doctors and nurses, but Charles managed to get tested for mild symptoms - NHS Scotland guidance is only testing those admitted to hospital with severe symptoms.

One rule for us peasants....

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Interesting by the way, that we can't be bothered to test doctors and nurses, but Charles managed to get tested for mild symptoms - NHS Scotland guidance is only testing those admitted to hospital with severe symptoms.

One rule for us peasants....

Perhaps he purchased a private test like the glitterati have?

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Perhaps he purchased a private test like the glitterati have?

When he could scrounge one off the taxpayer? Why change the habits of a lifetime.

Because Charlie can afford it

A community whose freehold land is owned by the Prince of Wales has complained about huge rent increases and an inability to buy their own land.

The Duchy of Cornwall, which last year made £21m profit, owns and leases land on the Isles of Scilly.

In recent years, some leaseholders have seen annual rent put up from less than £100 to over £7,000 by what one former MP called a "money-making machine".

The Duchy said it set its fees following a "statutory formula".

It said it did not sell freehold land to protect the islands' "unique character".

I read that too Ricardo. Little snippet that provides hope. 

I'm looking now at the daily number increases in relation to overall case numbers per country and the change in rate of increase. The US has high percentages as does Canada (over 20%) whilst Spain, the UK and Austria are also high. Italy's numbers are now slowing. So maybe they're at peak now and it will subside. If this is the case it still means a peak for us to come in 3/4 weeks depending on social distancing effects.

Yep back to good old public health when the lock down is lifted, testing and contact tracing.

Some more good news

🚨🚨 Professor Sharon Peacock, Director of the National Infection Service, Public Health England, says antibody test could be ready for general public to be tested in Boots or at home within days "not weeks or months". Simple finger **** test....

Prof Peacock said the tests themselves are being tested in Oxford this week. If they do work people will be able to order them via Amazon to test themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stay indoors people. Just stay indoors.

Gardens are OK though. Spent another pleasant couple of hours sat in the sunshine and in my mind putting the world to right, scoring the goal that wins us the CL and wondering how to spend £157M winnings on Euromillions.

Yes, I nodded off😴

6 hours ago, Bill said:

probably equinne flu

He clearly doesn’t get too close to her or she would have it too, don’t blame him!! 

Edited by Van wink

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

28 deaths today compared to 83 in England yesterday. 

Seems remarkably low.

Germany's jump up 47

UK serious or critical updated to 163

Edited by ricardo