Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Recommended Posts

Is it me just thinking that with this squad we now have two competitive EPL teams?

This just could be a season to remember. Never felt so positive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

AMS now off according to Michael Bailey. Also Jordan Rhodes not returning.

Its getting to the point of guesswork by somebody, interesting to see who is ITK 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

4BFB630E-96EC-448A-9BE7-9357C5B5F1A5.png

The ‘this window’ caveat is interesting...buy in Jan?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nixon seems pretty adamant that we’ve has a bid accepted and are still trying to get him, even having seen Bailey’s tweet. Sadly I guess MB knows more than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Its getting to the point of guesswork by somebody, interesting to see who is ITK 

I assume that the reports of a bid was accepted were true, as confirmed by several reliable sources. I just suspect that the player didnt want to move to us and is now off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reportedly (various Twitter), wages are one factor. It was a great rumour while it lasted.

As for the DM issue, at least that will be 'solved' today. Great to have back up for TT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I assume that the reports of a bid was accepted were true, as confirmed by several reliable sources. I just suspect that the player didnt want to move to us and is now off.

Seems like the club are denying there was ever a bid accepted but the usually reliable Alan Nixon still saying we had a bid accepted and are trying to sign him, make of that what you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Now Michael Bailey tweeting "now heading over"!!!!!!

I think that just means Michael himself is heading over to do a Q&A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted Amadou is on board for the season. The position that needed to be upgraded for this season has now seen us bring in a player with a point to prove.

He has all the attributes you should look for in a DM and without a doubt he will be showcasing his talent in a talented team. Looking forward to him making the DM position his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Is Michael Bailey teasing us?

No, he said "now heading over" because he's on his way to an online Q&A, nothing to do with C-M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I think that just means Michael himself is heading over to do a Q&A

You're obviously a faster typer than me!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

No, he said "now heading over" because he's on his way to an online Q&A, nothing to do with C-M.

Aha...makes sense now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now ... if this other rumour would come true... that would be just a wonderful piece of business by SW and the team! Without breaking the bank , we have a side that will have to be reckoned with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased the Amadou signing is done- he's exactly the type of player we need.

The Claude Maurice one is tough to read- if we are actually in for him then it's in our best interest to play it down and make it seem unlikely to avoid potential competitors coming in, while it is probably in Lorients best interest to make it public and get more teams involved. I'm filing it under unlikely for now but he's very much a 'nice to have' not a need like Amadou.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Is it me just thinking that with this squad we now have two competitive EPL teams?

This just could be a season to remember. Never felt so positive.

 

You're not alone 👍 No disrespect to Tettey & Trybull who will still play their parts this season, but the extra quality we required in a DMC was always going to be pivotal to our season.

Just wish he'd had more time to bed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to know what kind of pre season he has had and whether he is match fit? I cant see him starting against Liverpool (obviously) but do you reckon he will make the bench?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ACM rumour didn't mean much to me until I started looking at him, would have been a great addition.

Really happy to have the DM position sorted though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jools said:

 

You're not alone 👍 No disrespect to Tettey & Trybull who will still play their parts this season, but the extra quality we required in a DMC was always going to be pivotal to our season.

Just wish he'd had more time to bed in.

I actually think Trybull and Tettey are both very underrated - but we obviously need cover / competition and there may be games (like this Friday - 3:1 up, 10 mins to go where we need all defensive hands to the pumps 😉)    

 

Amadou looks on paper like great signing - and a leader on the pitch too!  

Edited by Yellow Fever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Excited Canary said:

Nixon seems pretty adamant that we’ve has a bid accepted and are still trying to get him, even having seen Bailey’s tweet. Sadly I guess MB knows more than him.

Doubt it. Michael Bailey never really broken any transfer scoop as far as I can recall. No idea how his departure from Archant impacts on his relationship with the club and/or makes it more or less likely that he knows anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if this has already been said, but do the rules say we can we play all 3 loans (Fahrmann, Roberts, Amadou), or just 2 of them at one time?

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jim Smith said:

Doubt it. Michael Bailey never really broken any transfer scoop as far as I can recall. No idea how his departure from Archant impacts on his relationship with the club and/or makes it more or less likely that he knows anything.

He broke the Buendia story. Sure he has very good contacts at the club - it just might be those contacts want a different message to the contacts Nixon might have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spencer 1970 said:

sorry if this has already been said, but do the rules say we can we play all 3 loans (Fahrmann, Roberts, Amadou), or just 2 of them at one time?

  

Rule is for domestic loans only - so Amadou and Fahrmann don’t count. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If that's it before the deadline..... that'll do nicely.   Well done NCFC.     Still believe he will have to dislodge Trybull and will need to earn a squad place first if Farke's usual philosophy continues.     If he's sub Friday, it'll be because Klose isn't fit and we need centre-half cover.      Trybull deserves the start Friday and this signing will push him on to more effort.   

As for Claude-Maurice, he looks good but going forward we look pretty comfortable already with 3 of Cantwell, Buendia, Hernandez, Vrancic, Roberts, Steipermann, even McLean ready to excel.     Finishing position was 12th... now thinking 10th.     

 

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Rule is for domestic loans only - so Amadou and Fahrmann don’t count. 

You still think ACM is still a possibility then BYG? Even after MB and pinkun denial of the intial story.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×