Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm struggling to read headlines like 'Norwich trying to sign Man' in anything but a thick Russian accent.

Try saying it like Keef Richards

After  reading that edp article i say we cool our interest. The Steaua owner sounds like a complete clown or a bad used car salesman. Not someone worth dealing with. 

Edited by The Raptor

18 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

After  reading that edp article i say we cool our interest. The Steaua owner sounds like a complete clown or a bad used car salesman. Not someone worth dealing with. 

I was thinking more like the Romanian Barry Fry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill said:

if he has been issued with a work permit then he is ok

I thought he hadn't got it, hence we couldn't sign him?

59 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm struggling to read headlines like 'Norwich trying to sign Man' in anything but a thick Russian accent.

Try saying 'beercan' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'bacon.'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

I haven't read the article, but was it Gigi Becali?

If you want to know more about him, look him up on Wikipedia.

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I haven't read the article, but was it Gigi Becali?

If you want to know more about him, look him up on Wikipedia.

Ah yes. 

I could be diplomatic i guess and say he's a 'bit of a character' 

Or perhaps i should tell it as it is (assuming that's all true) and say. He's a complete and utter ****!! 

3 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Try saying 'beercan' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'bacon.'

For fans of Joe Lycett:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

It was a bit colourful but what he was actually saying struck me as perfectly sensible from the point of view of the owner of a football club with a prize asset. And he was opening the door to a haggle over the price and over the split between the basic fee and future payments.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It was a bit colourful but what he was actually saying struck me as perfectly sensible from the point of view of the owner of a football club with a prize asset. And he was opening the door to a haggle over the price and over the split between the basic fee and future payments.

Yeah, he knows he’s in the driving seat and is trying to take advantage. See if he can kick start a bidding war.

Wouldn’t be surprised if at the end of it Norwich get their player and he gets his deal worth €15m - just some of the payments relate to things like Norwich winning the Premier League/Champions League. The owner gets to say how great a bit of business he’s done with his deal ‘worth’ €15m and Norwich get their player. 

Similar happened with the Wildshut deal - Wigan got to shout out about their £7.5m deal, knowing full well the chances of getting all of the money were minimal. 

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Yeah, he knows he’s in the driving seat and is trying to take advantage. See if he can kick start a bidding war.

Wouldn’t be surprised if at the end of it Norwich get their player and he gets his deal worth €15m - just some of the payments relate to things like Norwich winning the Premier League/Champions League. The owner gets to say how great a bit of business he’s done with his deal ‘worth’ €15m and Norwich get their player. 

Similar happened with the Wildshut deal - Wigan got to shout out about their £7.5m deal, knowing full well the chances of getting all of the money were minimal. 

Alex could spot a bargain when given some money. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Alex could spot a bargain when given some money. 

Was at the Wigan match when we had just signed him. I don't think I've ever seen such a poor debut. The lad seemed shot of confidence when the crowd got to him. Djyks however was no pushover.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Was at the Wigan match when we had just signed him. I don't think I've ever seen such a poor debut. The lad seemed shot of confidence when the crowd got to him. Djyks however was no pushover.

He’s a cracking manager when operating on a shoe string. Did some decent work at Norwich who in turn made him a millionaire so understand why he’s not bitter after getting the sack. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s a cracking manager when operating on a shoe string. Did some decent work at Norwich who in turn made him a millionaire so understand why he’s not bitter after getting the sack. 

Indeed. Had his faults as our boss but a decent human being. And...Always grateful for a lifetime memory he gave me and my son at Wembley. He masterminded it all.

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Indeed. Had his faults as our boss but a decent human being. And...Always grateful for a lifetime memory he gave me and my son at Wembley. He masterminded it all.

Was a Wembley master class indeed from minute one.