Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Harry53

Leeds v Sheffield Wed

Recommended Posts

Nah...can't see them scoring...just Westwoods goalkeeping has kept it down to just one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'd be more worried if they started with Nuhiu and Forestieri. Big, ugly lump and tricky, skilful player.

Yeah agreed. Fletcher and Hooper would pose little problem for Godfrey and Zimm. The two you mention would I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Vert average yes, Leeds press does show up any deficiencies in your ball control. And although Sheff W have been in it this half, their first touch skills look terrible. That skills deficiency won't be happening if Leeds do go up to the PL, they'll just get passed around. 

Your analysis is spot on Surfer. Their style exposes poorer teams without the technical skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Hopefully with just one goal in it, Leeds will start wearing brown trousers and there's always a chance of another 'Millwall'.👍

Hope so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Wednesday had supposedly got better from our 4-0 win. On today's evidence, that is a myth. Leeds the better team, by far but I'm not really impressed with them. All energy, little style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did u see the foreign owners faces at the end of Leeds match ugly looking baskets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a perfect day in the end. Nevermind. Win or even a draw will suffice tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent results for us there ... Sheff Utd drop two points, leaving us needing 7 points from 5 games to clinch promotion, our next home game opponents Sheff Wed essentially out of the hunt for playoffs, and Leeds close to within 3, so that keeps the motivation on us to win at Wigan tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was disappointed in Wednesday and if they play that way on Friday we should get 3 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Decent results for us there ... Sheff Utd drop two points, leaving us needing 7 points from 5 games to clinch promotion, our next home game opponents Sheff Wed essentially out of the hunt for playoffs, and Leeds close to within 3, so that keeps the motivation on us to win at Wigan tomorrow.

I'd suggest 8 points as Sheff U's GD is only 4 worse than ours and they could be plenty past Ipswich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

no, 7 is enough

Sheff Utd can only get 6 points in front of us

Yep, Blades can get 91. Leeds 94. We have 85 so max 7 for promotion and 10 for the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Yep, Blades can get 91. Leeds 94. We have 85 so max 7 for promotion and 10 for the title.

My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds didn’t help their goal difference much either, which is a plus for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reference to another thread, I've not seen anyone suggest that Wednesday were poor to help Leeds over Blades in the run in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Watching Leeds and really, they are not that good. Some good movement but I can't see them being Premier quality. A lot of their game is hoof and hope.

Certainly SW are nowhere near good enough for play offs but they could well steal a win at Leeds 

Well done guys, you are nearly over the line, however I had to laugh at this comment. A lot of Leeds's game is hoof and hope??  "Leeds are not that good"?? So your saying Leeds are in a false position in the league?

 Do you know anything about football? Im not sure how you can have the best average possession in the championship playing 'hoof and hope'? Leeds are totally the opposite of this style. I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion. Also "if" Leeds do go up then neither Norwich nor Leeds will survive in the prem with their current squad, both teams would invest.

Edited by Rob Whites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rob Whites said:

Well done guys, you are nearly over the line, however I had to laugh at this comment. A lot of Leeds's game is hoof and hope??  "Leeds are not that good"?? So your saying Leeds are in a false position in the league?

 Do you know anything about football? Im not sure how you can have the best average possession in the championship playing 'hoof and hope'? Leeds are totally the opposite of this style. I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion. Also "if" Leeds do go up then neither Norwich nor Leeds will survive in the prem with their current squad, both teams would invest.

Welcome back Rob, I don't remember you being on here after your defeat to Brum, it went all quiet when you dropped to third, now  you've got breathing space over Blades you're back. 

You can have as much possession as you like, it's what you do with it that matters. So despite all your possession, you are currently second. I don't think you're in a false position, just that despite our dislike for Wilder most would prefer to have Blades join us in the Premiership. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Welcome back Rob, I don't remember you being on here after your defeat to Brum, it went all quiet when you dropped to third, now  you've got breathing space over Blades you're back. 

You can have as much possession as you like, it's what you do with it that matters. So despite all your possession, you are currently second. I don't think you're in a false position, just that despite our dislike for Wilder most would prefer to have Blades join us in the Premiership. 

Most Prem teams would probably like to see Leeds back there if im being honest. Blades couldn't even fill their stadium yesterday. Norwich have a knack of getting relegated when they go up ( must be a record) so its all fine and dandy getting excited for promotion but you never capitalise on it, the likes of Pukki just won't cut that league and will you invest heavily? I can't see it being a long spell.Wolves are the only team in the last 3 or 4 years that looked genuinely ready for the prem.

Edited by Rob Whites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get really tired of this 'wouldn't it be great to see X,Y or Z back in the division, proper club great fans big gates and history' tosh. Clubs go up and down on on merit and if the top league was filled with Exeter, Mansfield, York and Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton etc.  were in the fourth tier it would simply represent where clubs are. No one has a divine right to be in the top tier.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob Whites said:

Most Prem teams would probably like to see Leeds back there if im being honest. Blades couldn't even fill their stadium yesterday. 

How would you know? You've not been there for 15 years. You didn't get the tag 'Dirty Leeds ' because everyone likes you. 

 

1 hour ago, Rob Whites said:

 Norwich have a knack of getting relegated when they go up ( must be a record) so its all fine and dandy getting excited for promotion but you never capitalise on it, the likes of Pukki just won't cut that league and will you invest heavily? 

To get relegated, you have to be promoted first, since you last appeared in the Premiership we've been there regularly and, as a self financing Club, manage to participate without a sugar daddy to bankroll us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

How would you know? You've not been there for 15 years. You didn't get the tag 'Dirty Leeds ' because everyone likes you. 

 

To get relegated, you have to be promoted first, since you last appeared in the Premiership we've been there regularly and, as a self financing Club, manage to participate without a sugar daddy to bankroll us.

Lets hope you get promoted again then and you turn this dire performance around against Wigan cos 1 point in 2 games is poor form and you will soon be looking over your shoulder. I expect you to turn this around though.( you are "the best team" in the division after all 😉 )!!

Edited by Rob Whites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Lets hope you get promoted again then and you turn this dire performance around against Wigan cos 1 point in 2 games is poor form and you will soon be looking over your shoulder. I expect you to turn this around though.( you are "the best team" in the division after all 😉 )!!

Crawled out from under that rock again I see

and while you’re here in a language the Leeds understand **** off

Edited by JF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×