Alex Moss

Important announcement tonight...

...at 7:30pm before the game. Daniel Farke new contract perhaps to get Carrow Rd rocking before the game? Clever timing if so...

I'd say almost certainly the case. Probably been sorted for weeks, just holding it back for when it will have the biggest impact.

• Like 1

Surely the biggest impact would have been afaints the binners, rub it in that little bit more.  Shd get the crowd up for it a bit more tonight, though. 

Branston

Would have thought we want Ipswich to still be in with a shout going into their last game otherwise its a free three points for Leeds

Pressure back on us now with 3 big games coming up

New contract for Farke seems the most likely.

Other possible options - new contracts for Klose and Cantwell.

Club has been sold to a multi-billionaire. 

Paul Lambert to be stripped of his place in our Hall of Fame. 😉

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No. Announce contracts at other times - anyway, the focus should be on the team, not the manager.

Eh???

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

What I said.  The state of the manager's contract has nothing to do with the match tonight.

Really?

Would have thought it would be a huge boost for the players and supporters so how is that "nothing to do with the match tonight"?

• Like 4

Must be a new contract for Farke. Got to say i think we could do without the distraction pre-match but I guess they think it will crank up the atmosphere.

Delia's new lingerie range for the older woman, modelled in person on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Delia's new lingerie range for the older woman, modelled in person on the pitch.

Let's not be avin this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To me it makes complete sense to announce a new contract for DF.  I imagine they've been discussing how it works if we do/do not get promotion which probably comes down to an increase of £x if we're promoted.  Announcing it before the game will be 100% positive for the players as far as I'm concerned and will take attention away from the pressure on the game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Stocking the new range in the club shop so that the fans can basque in the glory of the season. Could be hold-ups while people queue to buy. But at least they're not keeping us in suspen.....ders any more (that last one doesn't quite work 😉 )

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Really?

Would have thought it would be a huge boost for the players and supporters so how is that "nothing to do with the match tonight"?

Making Plans gets it 👍

37 minutes ago, Making Plans said:
40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What I said.  The state of the manager's contract has nothing to do with the match tonight.

Really?

It's about focus - haven't you been listening to Farke all these months?

Lakey if you don't think such an announcement would lift the crowd even more to get behind the team you are reading a different hymn sheet to those going to the game.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

New contract for Naismith?🤔😂

Apples

And the return of Jarvis from loan at Walsall ? Parade them together pre match and let them start OTBC .

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lakey if you don't think such an announcement would lift the crowd even more to get behind the team you are reading a different hymn sheet to those going to the game.

Out of likes, John - but spot on 👍. Can’t fathom how Lakey doesn’t get this?!

37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm sure the players know he's been offered (and signed) a new contract, so yes, their focus will be unchanged.  For the rest of us, it would give us a big pre-game boost.

44 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The players will know already so their focus won't be affected. 

That said, I'm also inclined to question whether it's about DF's contract, as both DF and the club have been taking a very low-key attitude regarding his contract, almost as if it's a mere formality, so classing that as an 'important' announcement in light of that seems contradictory.