Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Matt Jarvis joins Walsall on loan

Sometimes things just don't ever seem to go right and in this case, unfortunately, it all went Pete Tong. When Wolves went down a few years back we were touted with Fletcher and him but it came far too late for us to get any form out of him.

Good luck to the bloke and hopefully freeing up something for us.

Good luck to him.

Still the absolute dumbest decision we've made in years to sign him permanently.

Edited by king canary
Typo

A crazy signing.  Even allowing for his dodgy previous injury history, didn’t we make the loan signing permanent whilst he was actually injured? Or have I got that wrong? 

I hope this is a real step towards his eventual usefulness to the Club. Wish him well, he's our player afterall and as such should be supported. None of his woes are of his own making, he's been very unlucky.

25 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

A crazy signing.  Even allowing for his dodgy previous injury history, didn’t we make the loan signing permanent whilst he was actually injured? Or have I got that wrong? 

We did but it was to allow us to sign another loan player , only 2 allowed in the PL. Shame it was Bamford. 

Good luck to him no player would expect as many injuries as Matt Jarvis has endured.Lets hope for his sake he can get a run of games and do well .

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Most of the comments I've seen from Walsall fans haven't been positive in regards to Russell Martin.

No less than you would expect when they sign a scapegoat.

The same thing will happen to Krul when he moves on.......

I think the Walsall supporters, not unexpectedly, thought they were getting the Russell Martin who had played International and Premiership football.

If that were the case, then despite his age, I don't think we would have let him go. The move was all to Russell's advantage to help with his coaching skills for later on.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

I hope this is a real step towards his eventual usefulness to the Club. Wish him well, he's our player afterall and as such should be supported. None of his woes are of his own making, he's been very unlucky.

At 33 (when he comes back here), I see that 'usefulness' being almost non existent. Purely based on his age, and recent history, I just cannot envisage him as a Farke 'type' player

Not surprisingly a mixed reaction on the Walsall forum. Their manager says Jarvis "will hit the ground running". He got the running bit wrong.

• Haha 1

Pleased he is back playing. Good luck to him.

Of course, history will indicate it was a poor signing by Neil. But Jarvis wasn't the only one.

Doubt we see him back.

5 hours ago, Year of the tiger said:

We did but it was to allow us to sign another loan player , only 2 allowed in the PL. Shame it was Bamford. 

This has been said before- if it is true then whoever signed off on that decision deserves to never work in football again. Signing a player to a pricey 3 and a half year deal so you can sign someone on loan is insane.

4 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

As correctly predicted by me yet again, Jarvis will never play for NCFC again. Good luck at Walsall, Matt.

Yeah, well done with that one. Up there with bears continuing to sh*t in woods and the pope being Catholic.

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, well done with that one. Up there with bears continuing to sh*t in woods and the pope being Catholic.

I assume you don’t understand the concept of “tongue in cheek”? 🤪🤪🤪

1 hour ago, king canary said:

This has been said before- if it is true then whoever signed off on that decision deserves to never work in football again. Signing a player to a pricey 3 and a half year deal so you can sign someone on loan is insane.

Totally agree.  £3m of wages for a player who was injury prone and signed whilst injured.  Absolute madness. 

Best of luck to him, really hope he manages to do well, he deserves a break

Obviously I don’t know the finances of this deal but I’d hope Walsall are paying some of his wages, else I can’t really see the point. For one thing, with our current injuries we could have given him a game in the cup.

Glad to see he while continue to play, but a little sad to see its not for Norwich. I reckon Martin being there and Jarvis training academy(two people with future coaching ambitions) have played some part in this move. For Walsall whose results have been rubbish this is clearly to help them stop getting relegated(they just lost one of their wingers).

Matt Jarvis 2019 is a new start

20 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I assume you don’t understand the concept of “tongue in cheek”? 🤪🤪🤪

Not in this case. Far too subtle for me, but thanks for the emojis, that makes it clearer. 😉