Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Match thread

it's still ours to lose

if we had been one down the replied with three we would be over the moon at half time

the second half will test if we can shut down a game

I think we can

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

3 - 0 is a dangerous lead.

All leads are dangerous when Norwich have them !

Just now, kick it off said:

Not this year.

Yes, this year does seem to be a welcome change !

Sorry canary king who gives a monkey about Maddison we have 4 Maddison’s now.we were a one man team when he was here

Played some delightful football in that half.  Krul definitely at fault for the goal, parried it straight back in front of him, rather than catching or parrying to the side.  He did the same with their free-kick early on in the half.

Best player for me in that half has been Buendia.

For stats lovers....if it's a top 5 team in an away match and you're winning by two goals at half time then there is just over 80% that the away team will win. 

Lovely stuff. One more will seal it and we could be scoring 4 for a third consecutive game

I would say in defence of Tim K, a poor error from the initial shot but a brilliant recovery smother vs McBurnie straight after which we would all be hailing if the ball had then been cleared. Really surprised to see not a single defending player reacting at the 3rd attempt- however, this is borne of our lofty standards and high ambitions, and we're talking about a goalscoring mistake at 3-0 up.

In a way I could see it being a good thing, reminding this relatively young side that they aren't bulletproof in the Championship.

Bring on the second half!

• Like 2

Keep up the intensity and keep at them.

This is where farke's philosophy should pay off. Keep hold of possession and dictate the flow of the game. 

We don't have to be under the cosh in the 2nd half. 

What a brilliant result,

4 goals away from home today 

3rd game  in a row we've scored 4 goals

6 wins in a row

25pts ahead of Ipswich

36 pts in 18 games

We're on fire, so pleased for everyone at the club and us fans, so proud of what's been achieved so far this season

• Like 4

What a result! Truth is the only team who can stop ourselves now is... ourselves. Anyone else just have that gut feeling that we’re going to win the league?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

What a result! Truth is the only team who can stop ourselves now is... ourselves. Anyone else just have that gut feeling that we’re going to win the league?

Yep. Felt it in my gut that we were going up a little while back after Sheff Weds. Millwall game was when it turned into we're going to win the title.

Couple of mates from uni are in a group chat - one is WBA and the other is Villa. They were taking the **** because I said we'd win the league after Millwall. They're dead wrong. Seen us yoyo enough times to know when we're going up and this is one of our years.

What stuns me isn't the fact we're top - I said after Birmingham on opening day that there was a top side in there somewhere, but the manner in which we're doing it is almost unprecedented. Very few teams turn up and demolish teams home and and away, week in, week out like we have for the past few months. Not in this league. Newcastle under Hughton maybe? The Sunderland side who went up with about 115 points.... aside from that, it's difficult to compare us to anyone. This team is of that calibre. Now we have started converting our chances too, I don't see anybody stopping us.

Defensively, for the goals at least, Swansea were all over the place.

First goal, Hernandez would have converted if defender hadnt. What a pass by Stieperman I think to Pukki, but where the hell is their left-back? Started with Tettey's intercept from a punt forward so perhaps he had steamed up the left anticipating an attack. Acres of space for Pukki to cross.

Second goal (was the kick-off directly from the previous shot over the bar - looked like Aarons fouled their guy when we won possession) but what a dreadful goal to concede from their point of view. Clear indecision, great pressing and composure from Buendia.

Third goal we practically walk it into the net. It starts with a long ball from Klose, so there is no explanation this time for the absence of their left back.

God knows where their right-back is for our 4th goal.

Swansea I was going to argue seemed to be a victim of their own approach to play with high attacking full-backs (or rather we exploited this) but two of the goals they conceded they really should have been on the defensive

24 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yep. Felt it in my gut that we were going up a little while back after Sheff Weds. Millwall game was when it turned into we're going to win the title.

Couple of mates from uni are in a group chat - one is WBA and the other is Villa. They were taking the **** because I said we'd win the league after Millwall. They're dead wrong. Seen us yoyo enough times to know when we're going up and this is one of our years.

What stuns me isn't the fact we're top - I said after Birmingham on opening day that there was a top side in there somewhere, but the manner in which we're doing it is almost unprecedented. Very few teams turn up and demolish teams home and and away, week in, week out like we have for the past few months. Not in this league. Newcastle under Hughton maybe? The Sunderland side who went up with about 115 points.... aside from that, it's difficult to compare us to anyone. This team is of that calibre. Now we have started converting our chances too, I don't see anybody stopping us.

I'd quietly file this away in the " Can bite you on the bum " cabinet and wait and see how the rest of the season pans out.

If we go up it'll be fun wheeling it out and waving it around again and if we don't just hope nobody remembers.😀

Win-win...

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 1

Would hold back on the "we are going up" routines until it actually happens. We are top in November and that is great, but there is a long way to go.  As well as the excellent players we have, luck has been largely been with us too and that can change, but one thing for sure is that we have the right players to do the job - they are good enough, they have a way of playing over a whole match that other teams can't live with and if they maintain the kind of form they have been showing, we will be hard to stop. 

Brilliant to see us clear at the top, long may it last, but whatever happens, the rest of the season is going to be a roller coaster and a half!

40 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I'd quietly file this away in the " Can bite you on the bum " cabinet and wait and see how the rest of the season pans out.

If we go up it'll be fun wheeling it out and waving it around again and if we don't just hope nobody remembers.😀

Win-win...

There's no ifs about it - we are going up. It's going to be a fun season!