Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Klose On His Way ?

Brentford looking good with two CBs aged just 20, so age doesnt need to be a barrier if good enough.

Loan with Jan buy as with remi should make a purchase possible.

It’s no great loss if he goes is it. He’s been fairly poor in his time with us. Zonal marking is a complete shambles which doesn’t help us. Agree with others though about Hanley so far. Been awful. Hope he picks up soon cos at the mo he looks like a pub player.

Zonal marking like any tactical approach isn''t causing us problems, it''s how the players drive themselves to their task or not.

As with last season application, concentration and basic aerial ability seems to be in short supply.

Unless we get silly money or have a really good replacement lined up, I think this would be crazy.

Our biggest problem is that we need a strong no nonsense cb to cope with aerial bombardment from teams like sheff utd(actual full backs that can stop crosses coming in too would be useful)

The issue with that is that big strong no nonsense defenders tend not to be the type that can play tippy tappy build from the back type build up

I thought that Klose was happy to be here and the general idea was to build a team around him and Hanley. To now talk of him leaving after only three games in to the new season is far from satisfactory and shows a total lack of planning. It was already bad enough with Farke not showing any sign of what was his strongest side prior to the first game. On the face of it Webber is selling any player if suitable cash is offered. We must now have one of the weakest squads available for some time and our policy seems to be towards "planned mediocrity".The official line is that Farke is a great coach and will knock these second rate players in to shape. Apart from Lewis, we saw little sign of improvements last season and I thought against WBA we need individual strengthening in several areas. I would accept that Klose is not quite the player he was when he first arrived, but to quickly find an adequate replacement, up and running, at a sensible price will not be easy.

He is one of our best defenders and last time I looked we had just let in 8 in 3 games and are just above the relegation places. We cannot replace him properly now he should have gone in the summer if they wanted him to move on. This season could quickly turn from disappointing to squeaky bum time if we aren''t careful

He is one of our best defenders and last time I looked we had just let in 8 in 3 games and are just above the relegation places. We cannot replace him properly now he should have gone in the summer if they wanted him to move on. This season could quickly turn from disappointing to squeaky bum time if we aren''t careful

I mean it has nothing to do with bad planning from us. You never know when a bid might come in and you never know if a certain club might turn a players head. To criticise the board for an offer coming in on one of our players is absurd.

But its the Pink Un, so I guess you better crack on.

Our complete and absolute lack of ambition again comes to the fore.

This defence clearly isn’t good enough but potentially changing it is tantamount to Custer at Little Big Horn.

Clueless.

I take your point hogesar, but the message from the Club was that Klose was happy and he formed a big part of our plans for this season. His departure is not good news and there is a limit as to the extent of how we can continue to "asset strip". Rather frighteningly this current squad is more or less worthless, certainly compared with the last 1/2 years. I do not buy in to the hype that Daniel Farke is a great coach and will create a new young team. There is no evidence to back this. But I have to accept that there is little loyalty or integrity in football these days and agents in particular are parasites. Nobody really cares about the fans. Its all about money.

One thing Hanley and Klose are not bad Defenders in fact most championship sides and dare i say one or two PL teams might have them in their squads

So why they being made to look so bad is what we need to look at Both out of form ? Tactics maybe to exposed ? Farke telling them to play it around at the back so more mistakes in that area

Should we look at the system of Marking are these two CB happy about that Zonal ?

strange how two i would say very good championship CB''s are being made to look like Sunday league players

[quote user="Andy G"]Is Bassong still available to re-sign?[/quote]
i read somewhere this morning that QPR could sign him up.

just sillyness to sell him at this point of the season. I understand generating funds and not wanting him to go for nothing, blah blah, but that leaves our only CB cover as godfrey, with none if we play 3 at the back. Also can''t see a loan of equal or greater quality coming in. Can''t see the club sanctioning it but stranger things have happened.

The key factors here are that Klose is one of our highest paid players which we want off the wage bill, his contract also expires at the end of the season so we''d lose him for nothing, and apparently we wouldn''t have been renewing his contract anyway, so it makes sense to get some cash and reduce wages now as long as Webber/Farke feel we can cover his departure with existing players.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]The key factors here are that Klose is one of our highest paid players which we want off the wage bill, his contract also expires at the end of the season so we''d lose him for nothing, and apparently we wouldn''t have been renewing his contract anyway, so it makes sense to get some cash and reduce wages now as long as Webber/Farke feel we can cover his departure with existing players.
[/quote]
Sorry, that is way to common sensical and logical to be on here. Much better to find something in it to talk the club down.

I would have thought we would get more value out of paying Timm''s wages rather than risking getting some untried player at this level, or more likely no-one at all. Penny pinching for the sake of it.

At some point value on the pitch has to outweigh value on the balance sheet.

Is the money we''d get for Klose and the wages we''d save for a season worth the potential issues that come with losing him at this point? I''m not sure.

Yeah, with you King. Its only a good financial move if it doesnt negatively effect the team and performances. At this stage you''d have to say it would, although thats without knowing who if anyone we would get in to replace.

As this has been on the cards for some time surely the biggest issue should be who they have got in mind as a replacement. This would necessarily be a loan player with perhaps the option to buy in the New Year.

I note that Carter-Vickers looks like being snapped up by Swansea. He would have been ideal but there are bound to be others who fit the bill.

If a replacement is not in the pipeline then surely it would be suicidal to unload TK. I have little idea of just how well Godfrey could play that role, but considered him to be a versatile midfielder above all else.

We have already loaned out Franke and Raggert so surely Webber will have had his radar switched onto another central defender in any case.

I think Klose has been relatively solid this season; more so than I''ve seen in previous Championship seasons. I would be disappointed to see him go unless it is for silly money; surely we have sold enough players to balance the books now?

I appreciate he''s likely to go at the end of the season anyway, as I believe it''s his final contract year, but it would be a real risk to hope we can get someone better from abroad/promote from within.

He has recently posted on his Instagram (I believe tonight?), and it includes the hashtag ‘#OTBC’. Make of that what you will but doesn’t sound like a player in advanced negotiations with another club to me 👍