Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Klose On His Way ?

[quote user="Alex "]He has recently posted on his Instagram (I believe tonight?), and it includes the hashtag ‘#OTBC’. Make of that what you will but doesn’t sound like a player in advanced negotiations with another club to me 👍[/quote]
Off To Bundesliga Champions?

He has to think about his future and about what happens when his contract expires, maybe he will ask for a new contract now or the club will offer him one to keep him here for another two or three years.
If he does not get the right kind of noises from CR and gets offers from elsewhere, it would be in his interests to consider them as any new job would give him a longer contract than he has now.  At the end of the day it is down to the club as to how much they want to keep him.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Probably his Auf Wiedersehen.[/quote]
might be worth having some money on him leaving
a sort of
.................... Auf Wiedersehen bet

Sadly there didn’t look any doubt that he’s leaving as after tonight’s game he walked round applauding every stand and got a few hugs from some players and even ground staff,Shame sad to see him go

I doubt he knows if he is going or not, but there is definitely a chance he will.

Hannover have said publicly they are interested so have probably already spoken to Klose’s agent to make sure Timm is too.

It is down to whether Hannover can come up with enough money to agree a deal with Norwich, or if they pursue other targets. I would imagine Webber is going trough his list of potential centre back replacements though. Interesting to see how it pans out in the next week, but this isn’t the first time Klose has been on the verge of leaving.

Have to say that off the back of our first win and clean sheet selling him in the last days of the window would feel a backwards step and show zero ambition for this season.

If he does go will it mean the last of the £8m players from off the books?

RVW was the breakthrough and then a few followed Klose, Naismith, Pritchard so that it became fairly commonplace (but fairly unproductive.)

That amount is clearly not so much nowadays, and we have regularly sold for £10m+ recently, but our days of spending so much on one player seem to have come and gone.

A more pertinent indication of our decline you cannot perceive.

Having said that I''m one of those who think that we have now accumulated a decent squad of players for lesser amounts, but then the outcome of the current season will determine whether we can be successful whilst trading in the bargain basement.

Klose leaves and Russell Martin finds his way back onto the bench again... I wouldn''t rule it out.

.....Klose leaves and Russell Martin finds his way back onto the bench again... I wouldn''t rule it out.......

.....and Ed Balls becomes an MP again......

You would think if it happens it will be one of those deadline day deals leaving Klose free to play vs Leeds on Saturday and leave the lap of honour until then...

I''d be very disappointed to see Klose move on at this stage. Himself & Hanley is a solid & experienced partnership for this level. He knows the club, knows the division, seems to be a popular figure and has leadership qualities.

I assume he''s a high earner and I understand the logic of banking a couple of million now rather than nothing next May. However, I think he''s key to the much-sought after defensive solidity and if that helps to enable a top-six push (top-half probably the more likely scenario), then his staying might be worth the financial implications.

He would need to be replaced, probably by a young ''up & coming, which would carry lots of uncertainties & variables.

Perhaps the club are unwilling to offer him the terms on a new contract which he could attain elsewhere? Being objective, you can''t blame him for that - one last big contract and all that - but I can only see his departure as weakening the squad''s prospects for the season.

Nicht gehen Timm!