Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Worse Possible Result For Fark

Winning a reserved game against a Cardiff youth team may well come to horned him.

Expections our now razed for Sunday and the happy clapers will bode out think that the plan is backing track.

When we get beet by the binners - hoop um wrong - this will orla bean for nuthin.

Fax our fax. We int fit for porpoise.

How can anybody put such a negative spin upon such a decent and hard fought result?

It might not have been an important win in view of the status of the Carabao Cup but it was a significant result in terms of general club morale, especially after Saturday.

Cardiff might be among the nouveau riche but any game at the venue of any Premier League team cannot be considered easy, even though incentive for them may not have been high.

Most of us were critical after Saturday and most of us still probably want change but, over and above this, there is nothing more that we would want than for things to turn around for the better without need for upheaval.

Daniel Farke was being interviewed on Radio 4 this morning on the strength of last night''s victory. Is this a first? Such exposure must be good for the club but moreso, at this moment in time, for Farke himself who''s confidence must have been low after our rather disappointing start to the season that was to justify all.

Even though our moods might have swung against the coach, the Sporting Director and the owners that does not mean that our preference would not be for them to succeed.

We are not in the business of cutting off our noses to spite our faces.

This wishing for the team to lose in order to hasten change is not for me.

It seems to me that the majority of the binner support are under the impression that a home win is a foregone conclusion on Sunday.

Let us be quietly confident, go there with the a positive frame of mind from last night and surprise the bar stools.

Let''s be realistic. Last nights result counted for nothing. Yes great win it was, but if Farke reverts to his main 11, and they fail to beat Ipswich, bottom of the Championship, it shows how poor our team has become under him.

However, a morale boosting victory could do wonders.

IMO only a solid run under Farke will now change my mind that his plan is starting to work.

Ispwich are bottom cuz everyone is beating them. So must we, else nothing has changed in the Championship, which counts for far more than some paltry Cup

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Winning a reserved game against a Cardiff youth team may well come to horned him.

Expections our now razed for Sunday and the happy clapers will bode out think that the plan is backing track.

When we get beet by the binners - hoop um wrong - this will orla bean for nuthin.

Fax our fax. We int fit for porpoise.[/quote]
Dude this game is a cup win. Be pleased for that, but look at this way in that we added in effect 14 new faces into the squad for this season. They need game time and some just got that. At the moment I don''t consider them B players.
Duncan what do you think of that lineup for a league game at somepoint?

I imagine the amount of time Duncan dedicates to winding up people on here, facebook, twitter and who knows what other forms of social media points to a very fulfilling life off his computer.

Pointless. Why try to be sarcastic after a good night?

If it is an attempt at time wasting and being funny then it it''s not very good is it?

I like my humour to be a bit original not second hand, second rate time wasting.

There are few ultra critics of everything about the club on this forum. They post with an appalling consistency and as they present themselves under different guises it is often difficult to determine the reality of this underworld mentality.

Serious, deluded, resentful, funny or otherwise.

"Well Duncan reeled you in that''s for sure. Must be all that water down in Kent."

My cage is well and truly rattled.

I know little about the Kent water except that it makes a good pint of home brewed Tom Caxton.

agreed, but some of the reserves have staked a claim for a spot in starting 11...Let''s find out if "master tactician" DF has seen this and will do something with it...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]The calls for Farkes head will be loud and clear if we lose at Ipswich.

Last nights result is irrelevant. Norwich Reserves won at Cardiff Reserves, lets be realistic about this.[/quote]
It''s not irrelevant, if you''re a Norwich fan. Especially not if you''re one of the 250 or so who travelled.

I wonder how irrelevant it would have been if we''d lost 4-0? I reckon it would have seen more calling for Farke''s head.
So pretty f*cking relevant, all things considered.

Now is the most important time for supporters to support their team. More than ever.

Perhaps a win at Portman Rd will act to shut up the miserablists for a short while.

I realise there are ownership issues. And there are decent debates on this forum.

But in terms of the playing ''bigger picture'' though:

* We don''t have a right to the Premier League. 3 of the 24 teams will manage it.

* We know the performances can be there and we have seen signs in every single game this year. The consistency isn''t there yet.

* We have played 5 games. 41 to go.

* We should as fans be giving players our support.

* We should be proud and pleased that younger players are showing potential

"Now is the most important time for supporters to support their team. More than ever."

Wise words Sonyc...especially when you consider Reading''s current league position.

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]"Now is the most important time for supporters to support their team. More than ever."

Wise words Sonyc...especially when you consider Reading''s current league position.

Apples[/quote]

But it is not their team, is it? It is Delia''s team. The supporters are simply Delia''s accessories, stooges, etc.

Maybe supporters don''t realise it, but when they go to a game they are worshipping Delia, not supporting Norwich City. Norwich City ceased to exist a long time ago. Everything that happens at the club has Delia in mind first and foremost.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Mr Apples"]"Now is the most important time for supporters to support their team. More than ever."

Apples[/quote]

But it is not their team, is it? It is Delia''s team. The supporters are simply Delia''s accessories, stooges, etc.

Maybe supporters don''t realise it, but when they go to a game they are worshipping Delia,
not supporting Norwich City. Norwich City ceased to exist a long time ago. Everything that happens at the club has Delia in mind first and foremost.[/quote]
This is literally true. At each home game I create a little shrine in front of my seat, with a triptych of our blessed saviour, a few votive candles and a box for offerings from grateful fellow disciples, and then chant "Hail to thee, St Delia" during lulls in play.