Sign in to follow this  
peter2704

Who would live in a house like this!?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/norfolk-property/see-how-a-norwich-city-footballer-lives-as-his-house-goes-up-for-sale-1-5379539

Given the shirts on the wall, and the fact it''s a current player who is moving closer to the city rather than one who has been transferred, I think it can only be Wes or Tettey as no-one else was here when Bale played for Spurs (although could be Russ Martin I guess). It has to be one of those 3 - as Tettey is likely off in the summer it might be that he''s moving out closer to the city and renting somewhere for 6 months, but I would think that''s a bit of a waste of time to go through the whole process now instead of just selling it when he goes.
Which means it''s almost certainly Russ or Wes. As Russ is up in Scotland, it''s probably more likely to be Wes, but it could be either.

It is Russell Martin - I think a property page probably isn''t the best place to get transfer rumours. Martin will almost certainly go in the summer and he probably just wants a small place in the city while buying a big ''main'' house near Glasgow.

Hoolahan lives in a different part of Norfolk.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]It is Russell Martin - I think a property page probably isn''t the best place to get transfer rumours. Martin will almost certainly go in the summer and he probably just wants a small place in the city while buying a big ''main'' house near Glasgow.

Hoolahan lives in a different part of Norfolk.[/quote]
You think he''ll relocate his whole family up there for what is likely to be a year or so? My expectation is that he''ll come back to us in some capacity when he retires (although maybe that''s wrong). Depends how long he expects to play I guess, but if he plans to come back then I wouldn''t see the sense in uprooting a young family hundreds of miles, twice in a couple of years.
Don''t think anyone was trying to get transfer rumours out of this to be fair, just trying to work out whose house it was likely to be.

Is the fact that the writer mentions it is a Norwich City footballer, to massage her own ego, or even the sale of the place (likely)?

Why mention that it is a Norwich City footballer? Another thought is that Russel Martin may well have given permission for the NCFC mention, again to boost the speed of the sale.

No one else gets a mention in other articles. "A Brain Surgeon is looking to relocate hospitals". "An Aviva admin assistant, wants to move and live by the sea".

Mention his name, or don''t allude to it, at all.

The colour scheme looks extremely drab to me. Why would someone with all that money choose to live in such a dull environment?

[quote user="vos"]I believe it belongs to Sebastian Bassong.[/quote]
It doesn''t. He lives near me. Well i''m not sure he still does.

It''s Martin. Interesting the article states he''s buying a house closer to the city centre. It doesn''t directly state it is Norwich''s city centre...

In 1969 my parents bought a 2 bedroom bungalow in Sprowston from a City Player (he''d retired from playing by then) for £3,500.

I believe that it might be Martin Olsson''s house, Wes lives out near Fleggburgh, and would''nt think Russ would be moving his family yet, so by deduction could be our Swansea man?.

Len wrote the following post at 02/02/2018 12:46 PM:

The colour scheme looks extremely drab to me. Why would someone with all that money choose to live in such a dull environment?

Myself and my work colleagues were the decorators that worked on the house through an interior designer. It certainly isn’t drab and I’d say one of the best we’ve worked on. Lovely house and equally lovely people

[quote user="JF"]Len wrote the following post at 02/02/2018 12:46 PM:

Myself and my work colleagues were the decorators that worked on the house through an interior designer. It certainly isn’t drab and I’d say one of the best we’ve worked on. Lovely house and equally lovely people[/quote]
I was going to say, it''s been very well designed in my opinion and the interior colours compliment one another and the rooms themselves brilliantly.

hogesar wrote the following post at 02/02/2018 6:25 PM:

JF wrote:

Len wrote the following post at 02/02/2018 12:46 PM: The colour scheme looks extremely drab to me. Why would someone with all that money choose to live in such a dull environment? Myself and my work colleagues were the decorators that worked on the house through an interior designer. It certainly isn’t drab and I’d say one of the best we’ve worked on. Lovely house and equally lovely people

I was going to say, it''s been very well designed in my opinion and the interior colours compliment one another and the rooms themselves brilliantly.

In all honesty the pictures don’t do the house justice. If I had £1.3 million id buy it!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="JF"]Len wrote the following post at 02/02/2018 12:46 PM:

Myself and my work colleagues were the decorators that worked on the house through an interior designer. It certainly isn’t drab and I’d say one of the best we’ve worked on. Lovely house and equally lovely people[/quote]
I was going to say, it''s been very well designed in my opinion and the interior colours compliment one another and the rooms themselves brilliantly.[/quote]It''s a matter of taste Hogesar, I''m not really a fan of creme, greeny grey, brown schemes. I''d personally add some vibrant colours to give a more balanced look and include some patterning in the decoration. I''d use some darker colours and if needed balance this with some extra lighting.My wife chooses the colour schemes and furniture in our house. Our niece (who is an artist) does the painting and her husband the tiling. I''m in charge of the carpeting, fascia, anything electronic (eg stereo, television) and garden.

Someone who has been around for a while. I have worked in Jeromes house (he rented), worked in Simon Lappons house (rented) and Russell Martins old place near Trieste (rented). But then Russell went and got this one for himself I''m guessing as he moved from old one a few years back and wanted to buy.