Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

NELSON OLIVEIRA

I find it very hard to believe Farke would even consider letting him go. Oliveira is the most technically gifted striker in the league. If he stays fit and starts regularly he will bang in 20+ goals with ease. IF there''s any truth in it whatsoever i would be seriously worried about our new manager''s judgement. Oliveira is pure class.

Sorry Keith but if Oliveira''s temperament is reflected in that celebration there will be only one winner. No Head Coach or manager in a business can afford to put up with that infantile behaviour.

He''s a fantastic footballer but doesn''t seem to keep at a club for long. Unless he has made his peace with Farke today, it won''t be the players decision whether he stays or goes

It''s sad to see a player react in that way Oliveira did. If he means he is that good why isn''t he playing for Real Madrid, Barcelona or a PL club?

Passion is good but that kind of behaviour is really ridicilous. It is very very seldom you see such retarded bahaviour.

If he don''t end up scoring 25 + this season playing regularly it is embarrassing and he has made an even bigger clown of him self.

Very ashamed and I am not sure he deserves to wear the Norwich colours. He has to make an public apology or sell that fool.

It is also humiliating against Cameron Jerome who has shown he score more goals than Nelson Oliveira.

This scene is in the same league as when Robert Snodgrass made a fool of him self when he stole the penalty from van Wolfswinkel.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="jamie 10"]https://twitter.com/CharlieWyett/status/894288428451467265

Charlie Wyett just wrote on Twitter regarding Oliveira

Farke agreed the sale to Reading and then did a late u-turn

I know he''s the football editor for the sun, but could there be any truth in this? Looking at nelsons celebration he obviously wasn''t happy about something, I hope this is down to not starting the match as Farke said, we need to keep Nelson at all cost imo I can''t think of a striker realistic that could replace him at this level[/quote]I heard something similar from a reliable source this weekend apparently the deal to Reading was pretty much done but Oliviera didn''t want to go - i have respect for Farke but sureley even he can see that Nelson is a vital player if we are seriously looking to challenge for top 6[/quote]

This could of course tie in with Howson saying that we temporarily changed our mind about selling him at the last minute because we "thought we could sell someone else"

I wouldn''t blame Farke if he did change his mind. The players are contracted and have to abide by them.

I think that Farke played this perfectly. It''s a long season and some of the workload will need to be shared. Oliveira would be my first pick but maybe Farke thought that Jerome''s pace would stop Fulham putting the high press on us. Perhaps he also sensed that a little wind up on dear Nelson was just the thing to get the best out of him. Don''t forget that Farke was a forward himself. Lambert used to do the same with Holt every now and then. Sometimes being tough on your best player makes him even better. Plus if he can bench Nelson he can bench anyone. Perhaps Nelson over reacted a little bit but that passion is something that every fan loves to see. In a way Farke has made sure Nelson is ready to storm this season and Nelson has shown Farke what a huge talent he is as if he didn''t know this already.

Rob Butler a journalist you must be joking got more trap than Donald Trump god he loves himself

Early indications show Webber and farke in a good light. Oliveira won''t be the first or last big ego to be managed its all part of the job. He is vital to our success so hopefully a happy ship can be retained his strike rate since joining Norwich has be excellent. He would be very difficult to replace but of course noone is irreplaceable

Sorry, don''t know what the fuss is about.  So Oliveira showed a bit of passion and desire.....but then he is from Portugal, not Poringland.   He may need a word afterwards, but that''s all, then over and done with and on to the next match.  We need Oliveira fired up and at his best.  Seemed like he was that on Saturday. Good management.

Mentioned on Talksport this morning that Newcastle are desperately looking for a striker as Benitez does not rate his current lot.  Benitez is Portuguese, so I wonder..........................................

portuguese, spanish, italian, all europeans are the same to paul ;-)

[quote user="Mervmeister"]He is?.. last time I checked he was Spanish[/quote]You need to check again !!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%A9lson_Oliveira

Benitez is Portuguese, so I wonder..........................................

This is the bit to check Paul...

[quote user="ZLF"]Benitez is Portuguese, so I wonder..........................................

This is the bit to check Paul...[/quote]LOLLLLLConfusing his origins with Mourinho methinks.  Anyway, Portuguese and Spanish languages are very similar. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ZLF"]Benitez is Portuguese, so I wonder..........................................

This is the bit to check Paul...[/quote]LOLLLLLConfusing his origins with Mourinho methinks.  Anyway, Portuguese and Spanish languages are very similar.  [/quote]No they''re not Paul.  I speak Spanish well, having lived there for a while, but when I strayed across the border, linguistically I was totally lost.  They are very different mate.

I''d always assumed Paul was French.

English/French, whatever - they''re only 23 miles apart...

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ZLF"]Benitez is Portuguese, so I wonder..........................................

This is the bit to check Paul...[/quote]LOLLLLLConfusing his origins with Mourinho methinks.  Anyway, Portuguese and Spanish languages are very similar.  [/quote]No they''re not Paul.  I speak Spanish well, having lived there for a while, but when I strayed across the border, linguistically I was totally lost.  They are very different mate.[/quote]

There are some strong similarities. I speak some Spanish and Portuguese and have travelled in South America, including Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela.  If you travel to Brazil for instance where they speak Portuguese you will have a reasonable chance of being understood if you know Spanish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Brazil

''In some parts of Brazil, close to the border of Brazil with Spanish-speaking countries, Brazilians will use a rough mixture of Spanish

and Portuguese that is sometimes known as Portuñol to communicate with

their neighbours on the other side of the border; however, these

Brazilians continue to speak Portuguese at home.''
https://www.reginacoeli.com/blog/the-differences-between-spanish-and-portuguese.html

I''m sure Paul is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese.Spanish - EXCUUSEEE MEEE RAFA, WHIIIICH WAAAAAAAAY TO THE BEEEEEEEEACH?Portuguese - EXCUUSEEE MEEE JOSE, WHIIIIICH WAAAAAAAAY TO THE BEEEEEEEACH?Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I''m sure Paul is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese.Spanish - EXCUUSEEE MEEE RAFA, WHIIIICH WAAAAAAAAY TO THE BEEEEEEEEACH?Portuguese - EXCUUSEEE MEEE JOSE, WHIIIIICH WAAAAAAAAY TO THE BEEEEEEEACH?Apples[/quote]Sounds about right Apples.[;)]

He is?.. last time I checked he was Spanish 
Filthy Deigo trick. Makes you wonder why we go on holiday there

Correct me if I''m wrong but didn''t Nelson have quite a few weak shots on Saturday?
See what I mean, drunk before he went out. No wonder he was on the bench. Probably under it by the sound of it.