Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Graham Dorrans

Looks like Rangers have competition! Sheffield Wednesday want him too. Whilst I can not see city selling to a rival, if he has to be unloaded and two clubs want him, can only be good for the £s being bid!

In today''s market, I just can''t believe that a fee of just £1million is being touted - others will disagree but I think that''s verging on insane, he''s better than that!

Interesting thread and I''m 50/50 on Dorrans, he has good experience.

I''m sure the powers that be will get the right mix, you can''t replace experienced 30k per week players with younger 10k per week players and expect the same results/consistency.

[quote user="Alex "]In today''s market, I just can''t believe that a fee of just £1million is being touted - others will disagree but I think that''s verging on insane, he''s better than that![/quote]Is he though Alex?He''s not managed to cement a guaranteed first team place at either us or WBA over the past 7 seasons, his goal returns are frequently much poorer than people seem to realise, he doesn''t get stuck in the way either Tettey or Howson do, and it''s not like he''s playing outstanding through balls or doing a Pirlo-esque role for the other players to work off either.Is he a perfectly decent squad player - absolutely, but he shows zero signs of ever pushing on much beyond what we''ve all already seen (and at 30 the chances of this pretty limited anyway), and we''re probably paying a very good premier league level wage for his services which means we''re likely to take a smaller offer just to help the wages situation.Maybe he is more like a 2 million or slightly more player, but if it clears up wages to put into someone like Mooy, then I''d rather take a potential minor hit on the transfer fee in exchange for the overall improvement to the squad that this decision could bring, as well as getting his wages off the books in the process.

He''ll be on a million a year wages no doubt, so if we can get a million for him, buy a younger replacement for a fraction on a third wages, it''s a given for me.

As above he''s never really pushed and like Mulumbu & Jarvis really poor return for our outlay.

Indy Bones, we''re not a million miles apart in our valuation as I''m thinking nearer £2.5million-ish myself, he should have a few years left in him for a relatively small outlay in today''s market prices. I don''t think he''s ever played in his favoured role for us anyway, which i understand is as an attacking midfielder so we''ve probably never got the best out of him to be fair. But I think he''s a decent footballer with nice technique, and will be an asset to the likes of Sheff Wed. I therefore see no reason why we can''t get him off the wage bill whilst getting a little for our own transfer kitty at the same time. As it appears we have little to spend we must therefore recoup as much as possible from players that are wanted by other clubs - every million helps.

The big thing you have to factor in with Dorrans and his value is age. He''s 30 so any club buying him is likely to see no real resale value. Not many players of that age move for any decent sized fee in the Championship. Factor in some probably decent wages and £1m sounds a decent deal to be honest.

[quote user="Alex "]In today''s market, I just can''t believe that a fee of just £1million is being touted - others will disagree but I think that''s verging on insane, he''s better than that![/quote]When we bought him 2 years ago the figure quoted was around £3 million, and with his age, that figure was always going to depreciate heavily.

As our little ''ole Norwich mentality seems to be taking hold again, we appear comfortable in returning to a pre-Lambert level of expectation. Any playing assets with value look set for disposal. We''ll be back to the Roeder years before we know it. New equity is desperately needed to enable us to compete with big clubs like Bournemouth, Swansea or Watford.You couldn''t make it up.

Dorrans update...we''re apparently holding out for more cash.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15345548.Norwich_reject_Rangers_bid_for_Graham_Dorrans_as_Joe_Garner_heads_for_Ibrox_exit

Apples

Come on Rangers meet the asking price.

Apparently their sale of Garner to ITFC has not yet been completed and this is reported (on TWTD) to potentially reach one million.

May be the binners are stalling with the money that Rangers will need to go ahead with the Dorrans signing..

It''s all a really sad, sad joke this.

Imagine your first million-pound plus player since 2012 turning up and it''s Joe Garner.

Found it surprising that Kenny Miller is quoted as saying Naismith reckons Dorrans could be Norwich''s best player. Maybe Naisy is secretly working as our transfer negotiator. Driving hard bargains, ala McNally.

I rate Dorrans. I think he does an effective job in most games in the championship. I don''t think we could say he''s as important (or better than) Wes, Pritchard, Oliveira, Pinto, Murphy, Howson though. I guess time will tell!

You found it surprising Kenny Miller would say that about his fellow Scot and future colleague?

[quote user="Wishbone"]No, that Naismith had said that about Dorrans[/quote]

Again, pretty much the same thing applies.

No surprise.

[quote user="Indy"]He''ll be on a million a year wages no doubt, so if we can get a million for him, buy a younger replacement for a fraction on a third wages, it''s a given for me.

As above he''s never really pushed and like Mulumbu & Jarvis really poor return for our outlay.[/quote]

Vrancic is the replacement and Maddion is the competition for the ball player role.

Strange Steven Naismith interview on BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40418367#

Very openly talking about Dorrans temptation to join Rangers, sounds a tad unprofessional for him to be discussing a colleague options/potential transfer.

[quote user="Mason 47"]It''s all a really sad, sad joke this.

Imagine your first million-pound plus player since 2012 turning up and it''s Joe Garner.[/quote]That''s just the cost of his wages as well as other fees - but then the binners are not that bright.

Done deal. Announced last night by a Rangers. Expect city to do the same today. 1.3m plus add ons.

Not a bad deal if you ask me for a player of his age!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Done deal. Announced last night by a Rangers. Expect city to do the same today. 1.3m plus add ons.

Not a bad deal if you ask me for a player of his age![/quote]Good money for such a versatile player.  Capable anywhere on the pitch (even though the gainsayers refuse to accept that, because they hadn''t seen it with their own eyes  - "durrrrr, he never played there for us, so he couldn''t be any good there, could he". Good luck to him.

If trimming the wages bill and getting some cash in is the order of the day Dorrans comes after McGovern, Andreu and Jarvis in order of who needs moving on, imo. BUT, he''s definitely on that list.

As seems to be the general consensus, he''s a decent enough player but has never quite cemented his place in the team for various reasons and he is getting on.

Not sure about Tettey and feel that Windshutt should at least be afforded some sort of new beginning and a fair chance to make his mark. He has reportedly some very decent Championship performances under his belt (plays well against the binners) and there must have been something that the Alex Neil school of excellence singled out as being worthy a considerable outlay.

He could be a surprise package. Could.