Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Newcastle match thread

Poor second half. We seem to just be unfit in comparison to the teams at the top of the table. That said I would have taken a point before the game but we must take 6 from the next 2 now

A point is a decent result. Still doesn''t allay our concerns about our ability to get results against the bigger teams in this division.

Come on, why all theabuse at Alex, a decent battling performance and a draw is a good result after being behind after 23 seconds to the best team in the league.

Whatever you think about Alex it is clear that he has at least got the players battling for him.

Maybe I''m just a happy clapper but if the team are really giving it all for the cause then I''m a satisfied fan

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Every team above us win. Neil has cost us again.[/quote]
Newcastle did well to draw with us and beat us in the same game then.

Yep gotta be happy with a point from this game, keeps the unbeaten run going, if we can keep going one of the top six will go on a bad run and that''s all we need.

A good result in the end but needed MOTM performance by John Ruddy. Newcastle better team and still we haven''t beaten a top 6 team, 5 defeats and 2 draws. At the moment that signals a 7th or 8th place finish. Sides below us catching us after tonight, teams ahead pulling away.

We had the toughest game of the night and everyone else had easy games. Unless we had won, tonight means nothing. We could have done it, but its not like Newcastle got lucky. Move on...

Considering we lost 2 or 3 key performers for ourselves of late, I''ll take that. Probably not quite the team Alex wanted to put out I''m guessing though I know the experts on here would have played them anyway as that''s what''s possible from a comfy warm faux leather armchair. Frustrating not to win but I don''t feel pissed off like I do when we lose - the unbeaten run continues and we will get our play off spot 👍

Before the game Neil was on the radio saying that automatic promotion was still possible. I couldn''t believe it. What a load of rubbish. Sixth place is our only chance and is still a realistic chance.

Think some of you need a reality check... if you think we''re that bad and Alex is so rubbish...how about going and supporting that brilliant manager Steve Bruce and Villa!

too many games in short space for us 4th in 10 days and we have unfit/sold too many players from our best 11 last weeks.

Good point at all against far superior squad at the moment.

Good run over all but pity all teams top 6 add pts week in week out so we must win next games to have hopes.

Hope 2-3 players back for Weekend to be refreshed team ...

OTBC

[quote user="rock bus"]Think some of you need a reality check... if you think we''re that bad and Alex is so rubbish...how about going and supporting that brilliant manager Steve Bruce and Villa![/quote]Exactly, or the amazing Paul Lambert at Wolves!!

To put it into context we have not beaten one of the teams that are in the top 10 all season , with form lke that we wont be making the top 6 , third rate manager has been holding us back all season .

So looking at the table, if Wednesday win their game in hand we''re 6 points off the top 6. Shows how little our recent run really means as we''re not really closing the gap.

Well, as I said on Jim Smith''s thread about selection dilemmas,  tonight represented the first true test of our top six pretensions since the start of the recent good run. Measured against the sides currently holding the top six places I''d say our performance and league position are an accurate reflection of team and manager; compared to those above us we just don''t quite have it.

4th game in I think 10 days, no Pinto, Oliveira or Naismith, up against the strongest squad in the Championship. Ruddy on form, came back from behind to lead, players showing real passion & commitment for the cause, Dijks looks the real deal, unbeaten run continues, no fresh injury worries or red cards, lots of points still to play for including Reading at home, a tasty trip to Elland Road and something else on the 26th?

Lots of positives to take from tonight.

Well done to the lads for their efforts tonight! Onwards to Burton

[quote user="king canary"]So looking at the table, if Wednesday win their game in hand we''re 6 points off the top 6. Shows how little our recent run really means as we''re not really closing the gap.[/quote]
If we don''t win at Burton it''s game over.

Keith Scott wrote the following post at 14/02/2017 9:40 PM:

Every team above us win. Neil has cost us again.

Fair result and really enjoyable evening at CR, you should try it sometime Keith. Seriously it''s a good night out. Now put the tissues away 👍

I think that is about my view Westcoast. We may not quite have enough. The stats put up by the Pinkun a month or two ago seems to be about right ( think we were 10th at the time) hitch gave us a 10% chance only of making a promotion ( ergo a play off place) and of course that means a 90% chance of not being successful. That kind of historical analysis gives us the perspective we need.

Can''t do much about the other results can we, still on a good run and if we keep it going we will get top six.