Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Newcastle match thread

The manager making claims that are patently unrealistic just shows him in a bad light. It would be like me claiming to be a political guru by claiming Corbyn will be the next PM. We will do really well to finish sixth. If we fail to make the top six then he has to go.

Again, way to much importance in this thread  concerning the play offs. To many thinking if City dont reach the play offs its a dreadful season, without thinking longer term or seeing the bigger picture. Ive never thought for a second since season start that we would be top six, always said to much old guard still at the club, look at tonight, Whitts, Lafferty, Martin..that, allayed with a big amount of injuries, and 4 games in 10 days, despite all that, 2 wins and 2 draws, far to much negativity.I for one am unconcerned if we dont make top 6, the more important thing is City are playing their all again, Alex is in tigerish mood and Carrow Road is rocking. For me, the important time coming up for our club is not the next 14 games, its the summer transfer window. More of the old guard need to be released then, Alex  will need to find 2 or 3 new guys in defence, maybe 1 or 2 in midfield, at least 1 new striker.This season is not make or break, next season will be far more important, what happens in the summer could shape City''s. and Alex''s. future for the next few years. But for sure, posts about Alex being rubbish, or that hes got to go are now an irrelevance. So, stop to think longer term, but same time, enjoy the fact that City are looking much better now, keep the Carra rocking and just enjoy the passion of being a Canary fan.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]To put it into context we have not beaten one of the teams that are in the top 10 all season , with form lke that we wont be making the top 6 , third rate manager has been holding us back all season .[/quote]

The next seven games should hold no fear, including Sheffield Wednesday away. If we can keep this run going for these 7 games and claim, say 15 points (hopeful but not unreasonable given recent form), the crunch period that will decide our fate is 4th -14th April. Huddersfield away followed by two crucial home games against Reading & Fulham. I believe we''ll still be in touch at that stage, and hopefully the above-mentioned situation will be altered.

Obviously lots of different possibilities and permutations but the ''unknowns'' are the same for everyone. Despite the dismal run following the Preston defeat back in October and our failure to beat top-half teams (thusfar!), we might just squeak into the playoffs, and I really would fancy our chances of repeating 2015!

It''s the hope that kills you!!! Never a dull season following NCFC

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 14/02/2017 10:45 PM:

The manager making claims that are patently unrealistic just shows him in a bad light. It would be like me claiming to be a political guru by claiming Corbyn will be the next PM. We will do really well to finish sixth. If we fail to make the top six then he has to go.

Yeh yeh yeh, but a great game though eh? Did you enjoy it?

Breathless stuff.

Devastated that the reward for that game is falling further behind the playoffs. Must kill the players to see that after all they have give

Other than the 2 cbs, nobody put a foot wrong. Ritchie in Dijks pocket was a joy to watch, Dijks was throwing him around like a rag doll without ever fouling him

Shelvey got away with it again, big team gets away with red cards repeatedly.

Poor decision for the free kick just before the goal imo - Pritchard cannot disappear, he was going to be flattened by Diame

Oh and for what it''s worth, I thought it started to go wrong when we took Wildschut off, we ended up with Hoolahan at RM and seemed to start to lose shape

Special mention to Whittaker who showed why he is a solid RB at this level, probably more solid with him there than Pinto, which could have made a difference tonight

Makes you wonder what was the cause of the 9 game drop where Norwich were doing worse than Rotherham.Did the away loss to Newcastle knock their confidence ? That seemed to be the point where it started.I fear if we don''t go up this season we will lose some key players and Wes isn''t getting any younger.

Brilliant game tonight and good to hear the crowd right behind the team.

So many good performances. Ruddy, Djikes, Tetty and Jerome absolutely immense. Well done to Whittaker as well who had a very decent game.

Still going to take some doing getting into the top six as nobody seems to be loosing ground. All we can do is keep going and wait for the slip ups. Just hope we haven''t given ourselves too much to do.

Massive game away at little Burton on Saturday, we need to be as up for that as we were tonight.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Brilliant game tonight and good to hear the crowd right behind the team.

So many good performances. Ruddy, Djikes, Tetty and Jerome absolutely immense. Well done to Whittaker as well who had a very decent game.

Still going to take some doing getting into the top six as nobody seems to be loosing ground. All we can do is keep going and wait for the slip ups. Just hope we haven''t given ourselves too much to do.

Massive game away at little Burton on Saturday, we need to be as up for that as we were tonight.[/quote]
Totally agree, it''s been a great turn around in form and performance, credit to AN for that and I think we are capable of getting 2ppg between now and the end of the season but is it too little too late? I suspect whether it will be enough is out of our hands sadly.
That bad patch last year is looking pretty damaging now and losing at Rotherham, drawing at Wigan is looking like big points dropped. 

With us potentially 6 points behind 6th place, the three away games against Wednesday, Leeds & Huddersfield are going to be critical.

Reading at home won''t be easy, but we need to win these games and these are the games we struggle in this season.

Today was unquestionably great effort by the team, but our vulnerability at the back cost us three points, thanks to Ruddy we got a good point today.

It was a very good atmosphere and like I said no complaints bout the effort.

As for the playoffs, I''m not convinced we will get 6th I think we''ll just miss out.

@Essjayess
"This season is not make or break, next season will be far more important, what happens in the summer could shape City''s. and Alex''s. future for the next few years. But for sure, posts about Alex being rubbish, or that hes got to go are now an irrelevance. So, stop to think longer term, but same time, enjoy the fact that City are looking much better now, keep the Carra rocking and just enjoy the passion of being a Canary fan."
I agree that it''s irrelevant to keep demanding AN goes, but that doesn''t mean his staying is an irrelevance, especially from a longer term perspective. A manager who believes that giving the opposition chances is the acceptable cost of playing expansive football may provide Carrow Road with plenty of entertainment but will not move the club forward in terms of establishing top flight status.