Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Hodgson

As much as I respect Roy, I hope he isn''t the next choice. Another Friend of the owner isn''t really the best way to move forward.

Short term addition to AN won''t work as you would have undermined AN and there will always be a conflict of ideas.

Then again, from the pool of managers who might consider us Roy would be high on the list I''d think, we have to cut our cloth as they say.

Thats what worries me about RH taking over, he couldnt get an England squad, with a healthy mix of youth and experience, and definitely not lacking in talent, to perform anywhere like they should.

We have an underperforming squad, is he really the right man to shake it up?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Thats what worries me about RH taking over, he couldnt get an England squad, with a healthy mix of youth and experience, and definitely not lacking in talent, to perform anywhere like they should.

We have an underperforming squad, is he really the right man to shake it up?[/quote]
I don''t think anybody could get England playing......

@kick it off

Odd to only bring up his time at two of the biggest jobs that are pretty unlike Norwich rather than his time getting the best out of good players at similar sized clubs.

We seem to have an identity crisis. At one moment we are little old Norwich, the next we think a man who has international experience and has done well at similar sized PL clubs isn''t good enough for us. Whilst Roy is getting on a bit and for some might not play sexy football he can organise a defence and get results. He''s not the first England manager to fail in major tournaments. Wolf would welcome him with both claws. As a short term option he seems like a good choice to me. We could do much worse.

Warburton for me, no question, both Brentford and Glasgow Rangers were/are teams that played/play quick, fluid, incisive, often one touch football. I like the urgency of his teams. Would rather have Roy over Rowett though.

I don''t understand why an ex-international manager would be a step backwards for us. We are a mid table championship side. Who the flunk do you think we can get?

Roy got the England job on merit.

The experience that got him that job is what he would bring to us.

For me he is a great choice right now.

We need to pull ranks get players on board with good defensive set up and great coaching. Since hughton left our coaching team has not even been championship standard, embarrassing team under Adams until phelan came in and then Gary holt.

I expected Irvine to lift the groups levels but we can see where we are, no different ad hence hodgson on can bring order. Which I believe will help with a run to the play offs.

He has better connections than any other that is available, his wages we could cover the fee we would have to fork out on taking a manager from another club.

We know there a problems with the squad being under performing but also are showing their levels. We need this transfer window to freshen up get funds I and bring in new players who understand battling wins are needed.

Promotion is possible, somehow after AN and the team have been awful, but I think we can also agree it may not an that would not be a new managers fault. AN does not have long at all in my mind and by giving him more games prolongs the mess we are in.

It is and was always going to be a manager currently unemployed. If we''re struggling to pay AN to Leave there is is no chance of poaching someone employed.

Which rules out Warburton etc.

Between Rowett and Hodgson logically.

I''m happy with either.

I don''t think Hodgson would be a long term appointment, till the end of the season I would suggest to steady a sinking ship, and as Herman says, what''s not to like with his standing, knowledge and contacts both at home and internationally.

He is well known to the owners too, no smoke without fire!

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Why would Warburton leave Rangers to join us?[/quote]

we may offer him a lot of dough to join us.

We would need someone to do his pre and post match interviews though. They make Hughton''s look as ''bubbly'' as a Michael McIntyre stand-up.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Why would Warburton leave Rangers to join us?[/quote]

Only he would know that - you can''t say he wouldn''t join us anymore than I can say the opposite. But if we wanted him enough, then I see no real reason why not, Bristol. He''ll do well to beat Celtic today though.

Not really a fan of his football BUT

A older head with experience to sort out the deadwood players and coaches !!

Hodgson would toughen up the defence maybe like others have said talk to Klose etc and try and keep them

we would all love the next Klopp etc but that would be a massive gamble to find from German leagues

How many times has it been said that we need someone of proven football experience providing board-level input at this club? How many times have people urged scouring Europe for a manager steeped in continental know-how? How many times have people complained that we are unable to attract the kind of quality player that would make becoming established in the PL a realistic aim? And so on. Yet when Hodgson, who would bring all this and more to the club if he came on board in virtually any capacity, is mentioned, people (and among them many of the same people) are falling over themselves to reject the idea out of hand.

I''d welcome an experienced head to work alongside AN. I''m surprised it''s taken this long, as this was the plan when that ex ipswich fella (I''ve got brain blockage!) came in and then left. Someone with the experience to help out AN.

It can''t get any worse! And would love to see him help blood in the younger ones, and help with his contacts!

quote user="westcoastcanary"

How many times has it been said that we need someone of proven football experience providing board-level input at this club? How many times have people urged scouring Europe for a manager steeped in continental know-how? How many times have people complained that we are unable to attract the kind of quality player that would make becoming established in the PL a realistic aim? And so on. Yet when Hodgson, who would bring all this and more to the club if he came on board in virtually any capacity, is mentioned, people (and among them many of the same people) are falling over themselves to reject the idea out of hand.

Perhaps because Woy is not Messiar Lambert.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]To save having to pay AN a lump sum to terminate his contract early, we could simply change his job title, to say janitor, and then pay it off in monthly instalments, which we could call, say wages.

This is a win-win as AN could be doing something he is good at for the benefit of the club and we get a new manager. Furthermore, it could be argued we would be doing the wider football community a favour by keeping AN out of circulation.[/quote]Why didn''t we think of this earlier ? Not forgetting that janitor AN could lend his invaluable experience in taking the pressure off '' loan arranger '' Neil Adams too.Slight problem .... it would work fine if Delia''s mate was happy to work for nothing otherwise it''s back to the drawing board [:''(] 

Bravissimo Westie....👍

Mid-Championship, financially-limited club rejects notion of appointing well-travelled, highly experienced recent England Manager with excellent reputation in Italy, Scandinavia and elsewhere.

Highly regarded for laying structural foundations and quite possibly content to move to oversight role (or step back in to Head Coach role transitionally when beneficial to club), plus an ability to manage upwards and downwards covering multiple roles.

Too many swallow tabloid headlines mindlessly without chewing first.

Parma

Completely agree with Parma et al. Why on earth would we turn down a chance of a footballing person like Hodgson. A wealth of experience ...not long ago at Liverpool of course. People get opinions of him from his England days but there''s not been many managers who have taken that particular gig to sky heights. I would love him at Norwich.....a safe pair of hands. We could do with his coaching knowledge and know how in setting up teams, let alone bringing through younger players.