Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Southampton match thread

[quote user="morty"]Seriously rogue?

He won headers from goal kicks, I''ll give him that. Absolutely zero threat on goal though.[/quote]Sort of like Jerome then

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="dibbler"]Quick, say what you want as Morty will be on his way back to the coach and unable to monitor it.[/quote]I wouldn''t be so sure about that [:D][/quote]He never really went. He''s been sitting at home like a true plastic.

[quote user="Clint"]Will Lambert beating us on Saturday be the last straw? Aside from the obvious issues people will have, we''d finally have lost more matches than we''d won this season. With the squad at Neil''s disposal, that is quite simply, pathetic.[/quote]

I think falling below Ipswich could be the one that breaks the camels back.....

McVeigh: The season is no a right off as Norwich can not be any worse than they are at the minute.

So because we are s#it, we still can get in the play offs?

Wow.

@ Morty - to be fair, we all know of McVeighs bias towards anything Irish...

Now Jerome is going to start scoring again. So we are going to get in the playoffs and Jerome is going to banging them in recently, all because things could not be any worse...

And Neil is not the issue...

Wow...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Alex Neil is a better manager now than he was 2 years ago

Please, somebody just turn McVeighs microphone off...[/quote]Which idiot said that?

Can''t really understand how is anyone is getting het up about losing this game. It was barely even a reserve side playing a premier league team with a central midfield decimated by injuries. If Godfrey looked decent and nobody got injured then I''m happy enough.

Indeed king, people will pretend they care about the cup as an excuse for another whinge.

Yeah liked the look of godfrey.

Pritchard didn''t have a very good game.

A rather typical disappointing cup exit for us, nothing to write home about, seen in good seasons and bad alike.

Shame we lost but not too bothered, we seem to have put up a decent enough defensive display for once, and with a scratch m/f, which is surely positive. IMO, however likely/unlikely it may be, if we are to force our way into the top 6 we could probably do without the extra fixture(s) given our injury issues.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Shame we lost but not too bothered, we seem to have put up a decent enough defensive display for once, and with a scratch m/f, which is surely positive. IMO, however likely/unlikely it may be, if we are to force our way into the top 6 we could probably do without the extra fixture(s) given our injury issues.[/quote]Sums it up nicely.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Alex Neil is a better manager now than he was 2 years ago

Please, somebody just turn McVeighs microphone off...[/quote]

There is absolutely no evidence for McVeigh to say this and I cannot understand people saying he is potentially a great young manager and is learning. We have been going downhill for some time and what is most relevant not one player has improved since Neill has been here. Once again a late goal against us. Are we fit enough !!

To me those stats make horrible reading, yet a few minutes ago Neill said he was satisfied with our performance. Oh, I forgot, Paul McVeigh says he is a great young manager and still learning. Please can we have a proper "finished article" manager.

Weird stats, I''d agree they had more of the ball than we did but it didn''t feel that one sided.

[quote user="vos"]To me those stats make horrible reading, yet a few minutes ago Neill said he was satisfied with our performance. Oh, I forgot, Paul McVeigh says he is a great young manager and still learning. Please can we have a proper "finished article" manager.[/quote]or maybe comments from someone who actually watched the game rather than baseing his comment on silly numbers

McVeigh is not great. Comes across that he thinks he''s smarter than he is.