Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Southampton match thread

[quote user="morty"]Weird stats, I''d agree they had more of the ball than we did but it didn''t feel that one sided.[/quote]

👍

It certainly wasn''t a one sided game, to be undone with 20 odd secs remaining was a real sickener. Defensively I thought we looked pretty solid so that was a plus, however the play in the final third was relatively non existent and it was so frustrating not to see us create more than one or two chances. Think we''d probably have won that with a Wes and Nelson combination, but defensively we looked pretty sound I thought so that''s the plus I will take from it on a disappointing night.

Just got back, not too disappointed with the result considering the makeshift team we had out. Those BBC stats do feel a bit Saints-biased.

We didn''t muster a single shot on target, nothing bias about that!

Also, special mention for Ben Godfrey - I thought he was very very good and I''m sure will feature further for us, so a reason to be cheerful I think. Canos saw little of the ball which was a shame as the moment he came on he was a block away from a goal - I think give him the opportunity and he''ll make stuff happen. I hope we keep him. And a real nice touch from Redmond - didn''t notice him clapping the Saints supporters but he came over and showed us that the City faithful are clearly still in his heart.

[quote user="AJ"]We didn''t muster a single shot on target, nothing bias about that![/quote]

Disagree there AJ. We had one from Canos which was blocked!. They had more of the possession and efforts at goal but nevertheless I certainly didn''t feel they were seriously troubling us. Problem was, we didn''t really trouble them either!.

Think I am about an hour from home still!

Agree re Godfrey, he doesn''t look too far from a first team appearance. Pritchard looked busy, but in reality created little. Murphy was good, but still not as good as his brother. I thought the defence dealt with a lot and did it fairly well. Despite the stats I think we were only a player or two away from getting something from that. Maybe a Howson and a Jerome and we could have won it.

It actually wasn''t that bad a game.

As previously mentioned I thought lafferty was just awful. Seriously any of this codying of him needs to stop now.

Agree with all the above, M. I have to say, in the nicest possible way, that I got the feeling that we could have played for 10 hours with Kyle Lafferty up top and he still wouldn''t have got on the score sheet. The gulf in class between him and Oliveira really was all there to be seen.

Kyle Lafferty is League 1 at best. Was, is and always will be.

He would actually be a snip for some lower league outfit, but there are two obstacles.

They wouldn''t be able to match the wages he gets at Carrow Road.

His reputation as a ''bad'' boy would put most managers off.

Whoever was responsible in bringing him to Norwich (and for a biggish fee) should hold their heads in shame.

The diametrically opposite of the signing of Grant Holt.

Some you win, some you lose but good sense has to come into it somewhere as well.

Looks like we''ll have to pay him until his contract runs out.

The Club bleeds money.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]These is no reason why Chris Hughton could not have done at Norwich what he has done at Brighton...[/quote]I presume RB is quoting McVeigh. But the source doesn''t matter; a truth is a truth whoever happens to utter it. And anyway, it''s not quite true; there was a reason, namely the short-sightedness of people who should have known better.Thanks to those who were there last night for their more balanced verdicts. As for some others, their agendas clearly matter more to them than truth.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]These is no reason why Chris Hughton could not have done at Norwich what he has done at Brighton...[/quote]I presume RB is quoting McVeigh. But the source doesn''t matter; a truth is a truth whoever happens to utter it. And anyway, it''s not quite true; there was a reason, namely the short-sightedness of people who should have known better.Thanks to those who were there last night for their more balanced verdicts. As for some others, their agendas clearly matter more to them than truth.[/quote][Y]Like I said, it was actually not that bad a game, I have been to far worse.