Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Southampton match thread

Out of the cup without a shot on target.

I''m sorry but how can anyone defend this manager.

Go on, you know you''ll try.

At least it saves the humiliation of an absolute battering from Arsenal. Over to you Lambert....

Saints turning the screw now. Redmond on and they seem to be creating danger, desperate to avoid extra time.

From listening to the radio, my impression is that the most notable thing for us was the performance of Ben Godfrey.

That''s it. Extra time winner coming about as soon as Southampton meant business. Scrambled goal in the 92nd. minute.

I''ll bet the owner of that big fleet of coaches is relieved that he won''t have to pay all his drivers overtime now.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Wonder if Alex will mention focusing on the league?[/quote]

And then after we lose on Saturday it will be because we played tonight.

Get your excuses ready Alex...

But I expect Alex Neil to say.

Southampton are a premier league team. They brought on a quality attacking player who cost £10m quid, who AN takes full credit for developing in to the player Redmond is today.

We were hindered by injuries. We couldn''t even get anyone sent off today! Blah blah blah.

Those match stats make grim reading! Saints had 16 shots off target and 10 on target, we managed 3 off target without a shot on target in 90 minutes.

Last 17 in all completions something like;any chance of that in English ?

[quote user="JF"]Those match stats make grim reading! Saints had 16 shots off target and 10 on target, we managed 3 off target without a shot on target in 90 minutes.[/quote]Saints had 19 shots, 10 of which were on target....

Cheers for that update Morty....won''t be easy to find a buyer who''ll match the wages he''s on if he keeps performing like you say he is when he gets a chance!

Not getting a shot on target tonight is a bit depressing. Fans who made the trip deserved to see us give it a go at some point.

On a plus, it was Southampton, not Lincoln

Will Lambert beating us on Saturday be the last straw? Aside from the obvious issues people will have, we''d finally have lost more matches than we''d won this season. With the squad at Neil''s disposal, that is quite simply, pathetic.

Seriously rogue?

He won headers from goal kicks, I''ll give him that. Absolutely zero threat on goal though.