Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

We won't sign anyone

Only a few days to go and our so-called recruitment team seem to have failed again OR is it because nobody fancies working under AN ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Only a few days to go and our so-called recruitment team seem to have failed again OR is it because nobody fancies working under AN ?[/quote]

?? Still a few days to go with the busiest time of the transfer window coming up.  It''s not over yet, by any means.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Only a few days to go and our so-called recruitment team seem to have failed again OR is it because nobody fancies working under AN ?[/quote]

Please get it right, it should be "We won''t sign anyone of note".

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Only a few days to go and our so-called recruitment team seem to have failed again OR is it because nobody fancies working under AN ?[/quote]

Please get it right, it should be "We won''t sign anyone of note".

[/quote][Y]

how do you expect us the buy players without cash ??

once we sold brady expect some players in

LB and maybe a CB

if we shift anyone else a striker on loan

this window was about shifting players on high wages

then in summer more high earners leave when contracts run out we have the balance books first

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Same as always a lot of b------s being rumoured but nothing happening apart from most of our contenders signing players .[/quote]

I think the lesson here is that you''re placing too much faith in rumours.

It wouldn''t surprise me if we didn''t frankly we don''t seem to be able to sign players it''s crazy! But we''ll see how things turn out

Has anyone else got the feeling that we will end up selling another couple of players and get no or few replacements? The dutch left back looks promising. Maybe I''m a cynical old g!t but I fear the same excuses...other clubs left it late, we tried but couldn''t get the deals done in time. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised... but I can''t help feeling uneasy given our recent transfer dealings.

Wolf.

I think people are underestimating the board etc just a little bit. IF we get no-one in i''ll be the first to agree it was a poor window all round - sell a quality full back and getting no one in is obviously a terrible January.

But i''m pretty sure we will sign one or two.

I think we will, but I do have to wonder if players and agents look at Norwich, having been on a very poor run, manager under pressure, finances a tad tight and fans on recent polls not wanting AN here, might just tip a potential signing in a negative way?

I wonder had we bit the bullet and changed managers in December, would we be a more attractive proposition?

Not saying it is, just wondering if it''s a factor when trying to get signings over the line.

Without McNasty at the helm there is no one with any real drive to get deals done.

As I have said many times before, with or without money, the club would benefit from having new, savvy owners joined by other football savvy people sitting on the Board.

As Red Bull are already in the sports business you would think they would be worth a shout.

Red Bull are courting a few lower league clubs around their MK area. There are rumours now that Oxford being looked at as the history of the city is attractive and only an hour from both their locations.

Not sure but Swindonand MK dons have also been linked but both city''s don''t live up to Oxford.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Only a few days to go and our so-called recruitment team seem to have failed again OR is it because nobody fancies working under AN ?[/quote]

Without McNasty at the helm there is no one with any real drive to get deals done.

As I have said many times before, with or without money, the club would benefit from having new, savvy owners joined by other football savvy people sitting on the Board.

As Red Bull are already in the sports business you would think they would be worth a shout.[/quote]

Because we were sooo successful in the transfer windows when McNally was in charge. Oh

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]Looking like another train wreck in the making.

One does wonder just where all the money and promotion desire has gone ??[/quote]

Money.... AN has blown it all!

Klose, Naismith, Canos, Pritchard, Oliveria - that''s £30 million, of which only one player has been utilised properly and been successful.

Contracts also given to players who should have been moved on in Tettey, Whittaker, turner & Jarvis. Again, little to no impact from any of theses this season.

Crazy the amount of money we''ve blown.

Tettey moved on - I do not think so. He has played his part this season and will continue to do so.

I do wonder if we are over ambitious in the players we go after. We need to recognise that we currently sit as a mid championship team. So what would motivate a player to join us given that a berth to the premier league is looking unlikely.

Money (competitive wages) would be a motivator but given our financial resources we will probably fall below other clubs in what we can offer.

The other motivator would be that it is a step up in a player''s career plus no doubt improved remuneration. So what players would see Norwich as a step up. Basically those in lower leagues, or those playing for unfashionable clubs in the championship.

Making Norwich attractive to quality overseas players when we are outside the Premier League will be quite a feat.

Michael Turner has a lovely little number. Remember he was signed when we was in the prem from another prem side to be first choice so would love to see what sort of wage he''s picking up for his 0 apps this season.