Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Yanic Wildschut

I don''t see this ne happening. Wigan don''t want to sell hi and he''s under contract so they can put a crazy transfer fee on him.

As he would be the replacement for Brady this presumably would mean that Brady will be staying if we can''t get this deal done. He won''t be a happy bunny if that happens.

Once a player puts in a transfer request, especially during a transfer window, its pretty inevitable whats going to happen.

Sky are saying that he''s put in a transfer request, so I guess there''s a strong possibility he''ll be off - seems us and Derby are in the running; the Sky story seems to concentrate on Derby but says they aren''t sure they can afford him.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sky are saying that he''s put in a transfer request, so I guess there''s a strong possibility he''ll be off - seems us and Derby are in the running; the Sky story seems to concentrate on Derby but says they aren''t sure they can afford him.[/quote]Him putting the request in has changed the whole dynamic of it.Despite all the blah blah of "We don''t need to sell him, he''s a contracted player" they basically have 24 hours to flog him.

Quite so - it''s not often a transfer request being handed in ends with the player staying, but it does happen (eg I think Wes did?). It''s up to us to beat Derby to his signature.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Quite so - it''s not often a transfer request being handed in ends with the player staying, but it does happen (eg I think Wes did?). It''s up to us to beat Derby to his signature.[/quote]Just googled to refresh my memory, and we turned his transfer request down.Yeah its an interesting one, but I still think dependent on Brady going.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I don''t see this ne happening. Wigan don''t want to sell hi and he''s under contract so they can put a crazy transfer fee on him.

As he would be the replacement for Brady this presumably would mean that Brady will be staying if we can''t get this deal done. He won''t be a happy bunny if that happens.[/quote]but Wildschut would I suppose ?

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier because I haven''t bothered to read through the thread but Wildschut and Dijks appear to have been team mates at Heerenveen for a season and may have been in the Dutch U21 at the same time.

[quote user="GJP"]Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier because I haven''t bothered to read through the thread but Wildschut and Dijks appear to have been team mates at Heerenveen for a season and may have been in the Dutch U21 at the same time.[/quote]No, it hadn''t been mentioned.Either its coincidence, or our recruitment team are being quite clever.

[quote user="GJP"]Wouldn''t bet against them having the same agent.[/quote]Ahhhhhh*nods head*

me tarzan wrote the following post at 30/01/2017 11:38 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

I don''t see this ne happening. Wigan don''t want to sell hi and he''s under contract so they can put a crazy transfer fee on him. As he would be the replacement for Brady this presumably would mean that Brady will be staying if we can''t get this deal done. He won''t be a happy bunny if that happens.

but Wildschut would I suppose ?

Of course e wouldn''t be but as he wouldn''t be our player it wouldn''t be our problem. An unapproved Brady would be.

Brady has a decent wage and has time on his side. His spot for Ireland isn''t going any time soon either. Whilst I''m sure he''d jump at the chance of a decent prem move, I reckon he''d happily wait until Summer if it meant the right club coming in for him.

I''ll be happy enough if we get this deal for Dijks through the door and Brady ends up staying tbh. Things look like they are finally starting to click for him and us this season.

Saying that, if dijks arrived, would Brady keep his spot at left back or would we push him up to lm at naismiths expense?

We already have a huge whole at left back we need to fill desperately, regardless of Brady.

Ideally I would like a LB in with another on loan (Dijks), then if we sell Brady we need somebody at LM as well

Seems we have left it far too late to sort out that amount of deals, frustrated as we sold Olsson a few weeks ago and could have potentially shifted Brady at the start of the window

A stocky winger who has hit great form since dropping down a level in club and sorting out his weight + fitness issues. Now very good at running in a straight line very fast and smacking the ball very hard.

By all means, I like that we''re targeting a bit of directness and power to help break teams down and I think he does look alright. But does anyone else draw comparisons between this situation and what happened with Lee Croft in his time with us?

Mason - he''s hardly stocky - he''s 6ft 1. And if you think he''s only about running in a straight line you haven''t looked very hard - he''s clearly got plenty of skill when he''s on the ball.

from sky sports news transfer website:

WILDSCHUT TO NORWICH

Norwich are set to sign Yanic Wildschut from Wigan in a £7m deal, Sky sources understand.

The 25-year-old Dutchman has scored five goals this season.

[quote user="priceyrice"]from sky sports news transfer website:

WILDSCHUT TO NORWICH

Norwich are set to sign Yanic Wildschut from Wigan in a £7m deal, Sky sources understand.

The 25-year-old Dutchman has scored five goals this season.[/quote]Exciting stuff!I think Brady going is still the enabler for this though.

If we''re spending £7m on Wildschut I sincerely hope we''re getting at least £12m for Brady.

[quote user="tired"]If we''re spending £7m on Wildschut I sincerely hope we''re getting at least £12m for Brady.[/quote]

You haven''t factored in the increase income we''ll be getting on the shirt name letters, at 25p a letter we''ll soon recoup the difference.