Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Yanic Wildschut

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]A left back that isn''t very good at defending apparently.[/quote]
He''s not a left back at all, mostly plays left wing attacking.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]A left back that isn''t very good at defending apparently.[/quote]
[/quote]Am talking about the bloke we''re loaning from Ajax.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]A left back that isn''t very good at defending apparently.[/quote]
[/quote]Says on his wiki (yeah I know) that he''s a left back.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]A left back that isn''t very good at defending apparently.[/quote]
[/quote]Am talking about the bloke we''re loaning from Ajax.[/quote]
You''re in the wrong thread then [;)]

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]A left back that isn''t very good at defending apparently.[/quote]
[/quote]Am talking about the bloke we''re loaning from Ajax.[/quote]
You''re in the wrong thread then [;)]
[/quote]Not at all. Read the posts towards the end of the last page.

[quote user="morty"]Are we all talking about two different players?[:D][/quote]
All these dutch players are just blurring into one amorphous rumour... [:P]

Who''s going to start the inevitable Wildschut is the worst signing ever, since the last worst signing ever, thread?

Apples

[quote user="priceyrice"]from sky sports news transfer website:

WILDSCHUT TO NORWICH

Norwich are set to sign Yanic Wildschut from Wigan in a £7m deal, Sky sources understand.

The 25-year-old Dutchman has scored five goals this season.[/quote]BAD PUN ALERT!Looks like a yanic buy to me...

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Not at all. Read the posts towards the end of the last page.[/quote]
I see now! I''m guessing you were replying to Morgan, suddenly makes your original post make significantly more sense! [:D]

So Dijks would be a LB (to replace Olsson), Wildschut more of a LM/LW who can play LB (to replace Brady)

If so, I think I would take that at the minute

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]So Dijks would be a LB (to replace Olsson), Wildschut more of a LM/LW who can play LB (to replace Brady)

If so, I think I would take that at the minute[/quote]Yeah. Looks like Wildschut is more than capable of playing on the right as well.Just wish we''d signed a central defender.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]So Dijks would be a LB (to replace Olsson), Wildschut more of a LM/LW who can play LB (to replace Brady)

If so, I think I would take that at the minute[/quote]Yeah. Looks like Wildschut is more than capable of playing on the right as well.Just wish we''d signed a central defender.[/quote]What we have, at CB, is probably just about good enough, for this division.

I agree, but although a CB would be nice a new LB was crucial (we didnt have one!) and a LM to replace Brady

If we can get them done we may have a few million spare (Olsson money + Brady money - Wildschutt money) to go after a CB - McDonald maybe?

Would also like to see a back up LB, although i guess Dijks, Wildshut & Whittaker will be deemed enough

Bloody hell £7 million sounds steep. Certainly, it seems Wigan fans are delighted with it.

I presume this means we''re getting full whack for Brady? £12-£14 million? Would be happy with that.

Had a quick look at youtube (not to be trusted for a full opinion) to just get an idea of what he is like. Looks like a carbon copy of Pilkington to me. 2 footed, strong, tall, relatively quick, good long shot and a bit of calmness where needed.

Seems a lot of money, but it was going to be the case for all our targets today seeing as everyone knows we are getting 12m+ for Brady.

Suggestions that hes an all or nothing player, so should fit in well with the squad this season!

If we get Wildschut in, and Mitchell Djick on loan with Brady and Canos out, will people be happy with that?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]So Dijks would be a LB (to replace Olsson), Wildschut more of a LM/LW who can play LB (to replace Brady)

If so, I think I would take that at the minute[/quote]Yeah. Looks like Wildschut is more than capable of playing on the right as well.Just wish we''d signed a central defender.[/quote]What we have, at CB, is probably just about good enough, for this division.[/quote]I get palpitations any time the opposition goes near them.It''s probably good enough if we score 3 goals a game for the rest of the season.

I don''t think we need another winger and would rather we invested in the defence, so not really.

However as usual we need to wait to see how it pans out once they are in and playing before passing any judgement.

[quote user="morty"]If we get Wildschut in, and Mitchell Djick on loan with Brady and Canos out, will people be happy with that?[/quote]Happy with those 2 players replacing Olsson and Brady.Would obviously like to see more though.

[quote user="king canary"]I don''t think we need another winger and would rather we invested in the defence, so not really.

However as usual we need to wait to see how it pans out once they are in and playing before passing any judgement.[/quote]With Brady and Canos probably moving and Jarvis permacrocked we kind of do need another winger.

[quote user="morty"]If we get Wildschut in, and Mitchell Djick on loan with Brady and Canos out, will people be happy with that?[/quote]As usual with our transfer windows I''d be happy with the deals done, unhappy with the deal not done. Imo we need a centre back now rather than in summer, if we let Turner, Bassong, and Bennett''s contracts run down our negotiating position will be poor as every club in the world will know we''re after centre backs. Given that we can''t afford to shop in the markets we''d like to at the best of times, that wouldn''t be a good situation to be in.

No we are selling players this window for a 10mil profit approx.

While clubs like derby and Brighton who have not got parachute payments have more going out the bank than coming in.

We have needed a major defensive rework (mainly at CB) and forward line for too long and yet again the club is sleeping and letting this window pass without fixing the issues!

The league position does not lie, however the majority of Alex Neil''s signings have been poor anyway, resulting in them being shipped out on loan or warming the bench anyway. We also have a board that after 3 successive season in the prem had still not upgraded the playing squad to the next level.

Therefore I am not at all surprised and don''t expect either to happen. To that end you end up not really caring what they do as they will reap what they sow.

Especially given they have a doormat support that takes whatever is dealt to them with very little grumbling. I think the majority of our support has nothing better to do with their lives than watch Norwich and post on the Pink un forum.

Hence 99% of discussions end up 8 pages long and turned into a discussion between the same old posters.

@kieran

Our system doesn''t really have two out and out wingers. This season our best form has come with Wes and Naismith interchanging down the left. We''ve then also got Josh and Pritchard who can play there. If we sign Yanic and Canos and Brady leave we''re still left trying to fit Jacob, Josh, Wes, Naismith, Pritchard, Yanic, Maddison and even Jarvis into 3 spots.

EIEIEIO - money doesn''t always equal success & no money doesnt always equal failure...

If we can get Wildschut & Dijks in early, it gives us the rest of the day to make enquiries and possibly go after a few other players, such as McDonald

However, we dont want a situation like the summer where we spend our money on a player we dont necessarily need instead of covering the areas we do need.

We need to replace Olsson

We need to replace (or keep) Brady

Anything past that is a bonus