Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Official QPR Match Thread

If he drops Jerome then Laffs should start.

Why is Brady still in the starting line up after 2 shocking performances

Naismith?

Looks a poor team on paper but who knows

Lafferty scores for Norwich, scores for Northern Ireland. Doesn''t get a game when the main striker is dropped, yet a player who couldn''t get on the pitch even when losing at home suddenly starts?

Naismith in the middle of the 3 I can live with.

No Pritchard?

Klose dropped for Bassong?

Did Neil just put names up on a dartboard, close his eyes & chuck a couple of arrows at it?

The lazy f*ck Brady survives. But Jerome who always puts it in for the team sees the bench.

So from all reports Thompson was one of our best players v Leeds but gets dropped?

£10m spent on two midfielders who don''t even make the bench?

Still reliant on these faced defenders?

Can''t say I''m hopeful.

Bit surprised by a few those - Klose for one! So let''s do a quick digest.

Ruddy/McGovern - totally warranted, McGovern has been poor in the last few games, still no clean sheet and might have a slight injury.

Martin - With Pinto injured, obvious choice really with Whitts not impressing when played so far.

Benno - done enough to keep place.

Bassong/Klose - Surprise inclusion, better than Klose? Not so sure - but certainly experienced and on his day can still be one of our best options.

Olsson - our best and only true LB

Tettey & Dorrans - Dorrans has been great this season, Tettey indifferent. Bit harsh on Thompson, but at a time like this and away from home you can''t argue with going for experience over youth.

Murphy/Naismith/Brady - Biggest shock will be seeing Hoolahan drop to the bench. Maybe in need of a rest, but will be interesting to see how Naismith performs. Brady ahead of Pritchard, both have been OK and nothing more really, so need some performances from our wingers.

Oliveira - everyone has waited to see him given a go, Jerome got a slight knock perhaps? Again, will be interesting to see what we get from him.

Overall verdict: We asked for changes and we''ve got them. Bassong at the back brings some experience, as does Tettey returning in midfield. Biggest surprises for me are Hoolahan and Jerome not to start - but I''ll judge AN after the final whistle.

Either way, nice attacking line-up with a sensible and experience defence. Let''s hope they perform!

Some strange choices there but to be fair he stuck by the same group by and large for the Leeds game which didn''t produce the desired improvement so I don blame him. Though dropping Jerome is an odd one for me.

One thing is clear though. Even with all these changes the formation with one up top stays the same.

Disappointed for Thompson being injured just when he''d got into the team. I enjoyed his game last week.

[quote user="king canary"]So from all reports Thompson was one of our best players v Leeds but gets dropped?

£10m spent on two midfielders who don''t even make the bench?

Still reliant on these faced defenders?

Can''t say I''m hopeful.[/quote]. Forgotten Thomson he was man of match against Leeds, if he isn''t injured that''s another 1 of a few strange selections today and does nothing for team harminy

Thompson has a knock. Klose & McGovern been poor recently so can''t complain at being dropped. I personally think Naismith should have played more so pleased to see him included. Surprised at Oliveira starting ahead of Lafferty. Brady will start more often than not because of his quality.

Didn''t realise Thompson was injured, that makes much more sense.

Brady has had lots of chances to show his quality and largely failed this season.

I''m trying to be positive although there are a lot of changes here.

It is two weeks since the last game - had it been sooner we would have better remembered some recent shocking defensive performances and players already given a chance to make amends.

With the international games maybe AN has had more time to work with certain players? I know, it''s a bit straw grasping.

Oliveira and Naismith worked well at Everton so perhaps they will link up nicely again.

Perhaps though AN is just looking to who is still listening to him and prepared to burst a gut for him.

This could really go two polar directions with the positive one being us doing well, players keeping their place and some competition coming back from established players.

If Neil screws up though his position starts to look desperate and the January window will be on too many players minds.

Shame Thompson is injured, what about Pritchard, iseinjuredtoo?

Just back from a very nice game of golf and lunch, ready to listen to the game.

Hope the changes work for those who made the game, more hopeful than expecting anything given the team that''s starting!

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"] I personally think Naismith should have played more[/quote]
On what basis? He hasn''t played because he was SO unbelievably $hite at the start of the season. I hope he''ll come good but so far Wolfy was better value for money than Naismith and that says it all. 
In the 5 games Naismith started, we scored 6 goals (Only scored more than once in one game at Blackburn) and won 2 of them. Naismith was dropped and we went on a run of 7 wins in 8 games and scored 20 goals. Draw your own conclusion as to how he affects our attacking options, but my opinion is those that were screaming for him to be dropped after his pathetic display at Birmingham have been vindicated. Wouldn''t be in my 18, let alone first 11.

[quote user="ricardo"]Tombola machine at work again. Just picking names and hoping something will work.[/quote]

To be totally fair to AN, Ricardo, he would be damned if he kept the same line up (injuries aside), and damned if he didn''t. Personally I''m pleased to see some changes because it was needed quite frankly.

He can''t pick a bad side cos we have such a good squad, question is will they know wtf they are supposed to do.

Amazed at Olly instead of Laffs after what happened against Leeds, but there you go he''ll hopefully get a hat full.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="ricardo"]Tombola machine at work again. Just picking names and hoping something will work.[/quote]

To be totally fair to AN, Ricardo, he would be damned if he kept the same line up (injuries aside), and damned if he didn''t. Personally I''m pleased to see some changes because it was needed quite frankly.[/quote]Agreed, but that''s because he''s backed himself into a corner. We can only hope that his luck will change but I wouldn''t want to bet money on it.

Nice to hear some nobhead city fans disrespecting the minutes silence! Why do they do it!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Ruddy;

Martin (c), Bennett, Bassong, Olsson;

Tettey, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Naismith, Brady;

Oliveira

erm, certainly some changes...[/quote]4-5-1 !?1? [:O]It''s a 4-4-2 with Oliveira & Naismith up front surely?