Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Is Delia heading for the Chase treatment ?

Are we heading back to 1996, just sounds like the way we might be going after reading some of these posts.

A lot of anger is building towards the owners and their stance.

Are we also heading into a hostile time and Carrow road which will hinder out chances of promotion or has this already been done by the owners?

Any Chase like hostility towards the present owners would be ridiculous.  Utterly ridiculous. The Chase scenario was so completely different.  We got to a stage under Chase where we were near top of the tree and couldn''t sustain it and set the club on an inevitable downward spiral.  What we are under the present owners is a successful and stable club, living within its means and with an improving squad. 

Does feel very much like the club''s regressed to it''s pre-league one complacent, disorganised state.

Every time we get any kind of success the board just sits on their hands. It''s infuriating following this club at times and totally unnecessary.

This country is absolutely rife with nepotism and old boys networks permeating through all our business institutions. It''s why in this case other countries are leaving us behind in terms of football culture and infrastructure. We react instead of innovate, late and in a half arsed manner to any new ideas because it''s all about the £££ for the people at the top at the expense of the product itself.

I don''t like seeing the club run the same way. It''s especially strange considering Delia likes to claim she''s a leftie.....Probably a guardian leftie (Right wing in most other countries.)

Nobody can convince me that the appointments of Balls, Moxey and Tom were for the benefit of the club going forward, it was about jobs for the boys and we''re seeing the results now

Lets wait until she turns up at the training ground to tell a player she''s sold him so that she can pay back a short term loan to the bank.And then do the same thing a few weeks later.

See I''m not the only disgruntled customer, welcome to the dark side. We shall overcome.

Tell TCCanary to stop stalking me. Not successfully 4 replies to his trolling post shows popularity.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Any Chase like hostility towards the present owners would be ridiculous.  Utterly ridiculous. The Chase scenario was so completely different.  We got to a stage under Chase where we were near top of the tree and couldn''t sustain it and set the club on an inevitable downward spiral.  What we are under the present owners is a successful and stable club, living within its means and with an improving squad

[/quote]

?????????????????????????????????????????????

no its not, its an ageing squad, even the manager said it in the summer, and the comical side of that is we sold our brightest YOUNG hope in the summer for a measly 11 million.delia needs to go, the booing will ring home and away if results dont improve, however the only way they will fuck off is if people stop turning up, no club owner in their right mind would walk out on a team that pulls in 26000 at home even when it was in league 1the current board dont have the money to compete in modern day football, and you only have to look at all the other clubs that have been less successful and financially "worse off" that city to realise that there are plenty of potential buyers out there but the board are just selfish and dont want to let go of their play thing.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Does feel very much like the club''s regressed to it''s pre-league one complacent, disorganised state.

Every time we get any kind of success the board just sits on their hands. It''s infuriating following this club at times and totally unnecessary.

This country is absolutely rife with nepotism and old boys networks permeating through all our business institutions. It''s why in this case other countries are leaving us behind in terms of football culture and infrastructure. We react instead of innovate, late and in a half arsed manner to any new ideas because it''s all about the £££ for the people at the top at the expense of the product itself.

I don''t like seeing the club run the same way. It''s especially strange considering Delia likes to claim she''s a leftie.....Probably a guardian leftie (Right wing in most other countries.)

Nobody can convince me that the appointments of Balls, Moxey and Tom were for the benefit of the club going forward, it was about jobs for the boys and we''re seeing the results now[/quote]

Your post reeks of a chip on your shoulder about people who have money and power.  In our case we are lucky to have had the club the way it has been over the last seven years. DS and MJW earned the right to be there and have steered the club through years of excitement, ups, downs and ups etc.   At present the club is in a good state with a superb squad - which they have kept together and which puts us in a strong position this season.  Don''t wish it all away because of  prejudice.

I wonder if all this anger directed at the Club and all connected with it from the owners to the manager would be as virulent if we had beaten Birmingham and were currently sitting at the top of the league?

The point I am trying to make is that I feel most of us (could be wrong) have our attitudes towards things in general largely influenced by the latest result.

For sure the Delia model is becoming out-dated and we won''t need too many sign of impending Championship mediocrity for dissent against it to show it''s face.

For sure, the failure of the hunt for that marquee striker has left us all disappointed and somewhat aghast, but Oliveira has to be tested and there are promising omens there for us of a more positive ilk.

Overall the last window was good with two excellent players on-board, bad with the failure to unload another two and excellent in retaining most of the squad who often played well at the higher level lasts season.

Our manager did not come out of last season smelling of roses and often evoked some anger in many of us, but neither did he have the best of fortune at times with crucial decisions and injuries acting against his best intent.

Financially, I believe we are quite sound if not bulging at the coffers, but there is always the impending Brady money to act as an insurance policy against harder times. The doom-mongers in this respect never mention the parachutes which I believe stand at £36m for season one.

The biggest doubt for me is the manager. He lost much respect last season but has enough plus points to be capable of repeating his initial success at Carrow Road.

I''ve always said ten games before he loses my support, perhaps even fifteen.

Lest''s see how the mood changes should we get six points from the next two home games (essential.)

As I say, still at the stage where it is results rather than some underlying discontent that will tip it.

For me at least.

[quote user="lake district canary"] we are lucky to have had the club the way it has been over the last seven years..

[/quote]i agreehowever, modern football is big business, the tv deals have changed the landscape, the chinese, russian and american investors have changed the landscape, if you cant afford to be competitive then you need to move on and go run a netball team or something less expensive

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"] we are lucky to have had the club the way it has been over the last seven years..

[/quote]i agreehowever, modern football is big business, the tv deals have changed the landscape, the chinese, russian and american investors have changed the landscape, if you cant afford to be competitive then you need to move on and go run a netball team or something less expensive[/quote]

But we are competitive.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"] we are lucky to have had the club the way it has been over the last seven years..

[/quote]i agreehowever, modern football is big business, the tv deals have changed the landscape, the chinese, russian and american investors have changed the landscape, if you cant afford to be competitive then you need to move on and go run a netball team or something less expensive[/quote]

But we are competitive.

[/quote]

we really arent

You could argue that there are 6 or 7 teams in the magic that can out muscle us financially, Newcastle, Villa, Wolves, Derby, Wednesday, Forest to name a few.

We don''t seem to have that Lambert style spirit to carry us anymore either (although probably due to last year relegation as opposed to promotion)

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"] we are lucky to have had the club the way it has been over the last seven years..[/quote]i agreehowever, modern football is big business, the tv deals have changed the landscape, the chinese, russian and american investors have changed the landscape, if you cant afford to be competitive then you need to move on and go run a netball team or something less expensive[/quote]But we are competitive. [/quote]we really arent[/quote]We really are. A strong squad, three points off second place, injured players to come back in, a new striker, good young players in waiting. We will be there or thereabouts by the end of the season. If that isn''t competitive, I don''t know what is. [:)]

Excellent post Broadstairs. And that''s especially true RE the affect of the Birmingham result, wonder how different the forum would look right now if we''d been able to field a full strength team and snuck a win...

We are competitive but we know, and our CEOs words should tell us, that in two years time we probably won''t be.

If you are given two years to live unless you have treatment do you try every treatment you can get your hands on or maybe try a couple of old fashioned remedies and cross your fingers one works?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"] we are lucky to have had the club the way it has been over the last seven years..[/quote]i agreehowever, modern football is big business, the tv deals have changed the landscape, the chinese, russian and american investors have changed the landscape, if you cant afford to be competitive then you need to move on and go run a netball team or something less expensive[/quote]But we are competitive. [/quote]we really arent[/quote]We really are. A strong squad, three points off second place, injured players to come back in, a new striker, good young players in waiting. We will be there or thereabouts by the end of the season. If that isn''t competitive, I don''t know what is. [:)]

[/quote]LDC, But don''t think (just a little) that we are being held back from where we should be after our recent visits to the Prem.

As far as I can recall, fans protested against Bob the Builder because he sold off all our best players and failed to reinvest to the point where we had to play Rob Newman as a striker. We were on the verge of bankruptcy.

None of this can be said of the current regime. We have kept our better players, we have bought players in, and we are apparently financially solvent albeit with a sensible wage structure for a club our size which will be neccessity limit our pulling power for the very best players.

Some fans have developed such a sense of entitlement over the last 5 or 6 years. Living in the age of phone in votes, social media and 24 hour rolling news has created a need for instant gratification, impatience and sometimes a dehumanisation of those in society we see as being more privaleged than us. As Gove said "I think people in this country have had enough of experts" and this isn''t just true here, look at the support Trump has across the water.

This type of thinking means people feel entitled to abuse, boo and say some pretty disgusting things. Some on here have actually alluded to the hope of Delia and Michael dieing in some twisted belief it means they''ll get their own way and the club will be led in the way they believe is right. We see fans dehumanise those with different beliefs by lumping everyone who disagrees with them into the category of either "happy clapper" or "nappy crapper" because it makes it easier to be dismissive of them rather than debate the points, research and be open to other ideas. What''s crazy is that these are tactics used by the military all over the world to make it easier to kill other human beings e.g. calling the Vietnamese gooks, the iraqis towel and rag head''s and the Germans Jerry (something to do with the helmet looking like a chamber pot but could be wrong).

They view themselves as the silent majority when in actuality they are loudest minority. As supporters of this fine club we are lucky that they actually do give many forums for discussion and a chance for people to have their say by letting managers, players and top staff members be a part of things such as the events organised by people like Diane and her volunteers. Our previous CEO did lengthy uncut interviews for the little yellow bird podcast, with radio Norfolk and also Archant. Now Moxey has already been on the radio being interviewed in his first month in the job.

These are not avenues fans of many other clubs ever get to communicate their disappointment or ideas with those in power. Inevitably when these forums and AGM''s come around, those with the most vitriolic views are conspicuous by their absence. What I guess I am saying in a long winded way is that no I don''t think people will turn on the owners in that way. Most fans see they have avenues to vent and discuss, those I meet at games and around the city do get frustrated but most are reasonable people and get the reality that life can''t and won''t always be exactly as you expect it to be. In the end not signing a striker or seeing transfer fees broken every window isn''t that big a deal when people are raising families, working hard to put food on the table, making sure the bills are paid and dealing with bigger issues in the real world that football is becoming more and more cut off from.

I was chatting to someone last night saying something similar. From the reaction of many on here the last bits of goodwill towards the Jones'' after being seen as "saving" us from Chase are eroding. They''ve had a good run at it, but all things come to an end. And, after listening to Moxey''s interview I think it will take a situation like what happened with Chase for them to even consider selling the club.

The trouble is many posters on here cannot go back to the Chase era and yes it is ridiculous to compare the component parts of the two situations from 1995 and 2016 but the net result i am sorry to say is the same. Frustrated fans starting to argue with each other on social media which spilled over last weekend at Brum and ended with the biggest chorus of booing i have heard at an away game for a long long time at the final whistle. The antics in recent days in the transfer window has compounded the matter with Moxey''s poor interview not helping in it''s predictability.Alex Neil is slowly losing all the goodwill he gained in his first few months here with baffling team selections and tactics which has seen him crowned as the new King of Tinkermen. I am as green and yellow as they come but every now and again i have to take my glasses off for a period of reflection and make a judgement of where we are at.Just remember that the wheel always turns full circle and what goes up must come down and the question is have we reached that time ? 

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-09-03 1:13 PM:

Any Chase like hostility towards the present owners would be ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. The Chase scenario was so completely different. We got to a stage under Chase where we were near top of the tree and couldn''t sustain it and set the club on an inevitable downward spiral. What we are under the present owners is a successful and stable club, living within its means and with an improving squad.

Don''t know where you hang out Lakey, but reading between the lines of most of the local media around here in Norwich and Norfolk, I do not know how you come up with ''successful'' yet alone ''stable club'' at all when the likes of Naismith, Klose and Martin O''Neil (in respect of Brady) indicate we are far from that title. And the mere fact that we have a manager who last week stated publicly that Maddison ''would not be sent out on loan'' and now the new CEO stating that in the window ''we had to sell to buy and not everything came off in respect of selling players'' as well as ''the club isn''t for sale'' in total contradiction of the 2007 statements made by Delia Smith re investment, I would suggest you are far of the mark!

What happens on social media is not the same as what happened to Chase in reality. Now personally I love having this community club and all that comes with it. I''d hate to lose what we have but also understand many fans couldn''t care less about that. But my support is no stronger than it was when Chase was here. Who or whatever follows will not change that either. But if you people want to force the issue you''ll have to do a bit more than whine on social media. 16 months ago we were all at Wembley and all wanted to be part of this great club. Now it seems many want to force change. In Chases day protests were win/lose/draw protests. Short term protests when we lose a game or don''t sign a player only work on social media. If you want to force change you have to be in it for the long haul. I remember when there wasx a meeting at St Andrews Hall after we were relegated to League One. A lot of hot air was released and towards the end of the meeting I actually asked the question "where do we go from here?". The question was unanswered and the truth was everybody left the Andrews, got on with their summers, and couldn''t wait to get back to Carrow Road for the next installment of our rollercoaster ride. It''s not lost on me that Smith & Jones had their own meeting at the same time and hatched a plan which resulted in premiership football for 4 of the last 5 years. Perhaps it''s just as well everyone did go home from St Andrews Hall and get on with their summers....

It''s not the beating of Birmingham that''s the problem, it''s the rubbish we have been served since the start of the year, 6 wins and we are into September says it all. you can understand people''s frustration as the fans are travelling everywhere to watch poor performances week in week out. i hope the club turns it around as I''m impressed with Irvine on board and the new head scout, but we have a very amateur board room and they need to learn fast