Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

Tony Spearing was head of European recruitment /scouting for a EPL team

i know for a fact he has watched many games abroad and has many contacts abroad ,

you would have thought he would have seen a better striker than

McCormack for 12 mil

who would be interested in joining us

15 million is a stupid amount to pay for a 29 year old who has never played top flight football so if this is the case better off spending elsewhere

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]What makes you think WHEN we dont get mccormack we are going to spend that 12-15mill on 2 strikers? haha we cant even get one in now suddenly everyone is saying we should get two in for 6-7mill each ! mccormack deal doesnt pull off we will end up with no one[/quote]

Who says ''everyone'' is now saying we should get in two 6 or 7 million pound strikers, Barclay Mad Barclay Boy?

I merely said I''d probably prefer that option over £15mil on just McCormack - which is very different to me thinking that''s what I think the club will do. Nevermind 😂

Fair do''s Norfolkngood - none of us will ever know re Redmond transfer, but regardless, I do understand your frustration - we all want a new striker or two asap! 👍

Lot here talking about 3 strikers for 5 mill each or 2 strikers for 6 or 7 mill each...quite absurd...nobody has mentioned the wages...id imagine 3 decent strikers wages would be more than McCormacks sole wages...even allowing for his obvious high wage.In anycase Fulham would quite plainly tell City first that its 15 mill take it or leave it and Alex clearly said City are offering no more higher bid money than the supposedly reported 12 mill. This means id expect Alex  and City to very soon officially say they have moved on and its time for plan B or whatever.As to McCormack himself, he was due to start training with his club today, so id imagine a week or two and he will be up to full steam with them.I honestly believe there is no strong Plan B as regards any other striker, so will be hard to find a striker good enough even towards end of August,so for at least the first few weeks of the new season, maybe even longer, we go with Jerome and Laffs as back up. Thats it, its  pretty poor, but its the reality. Wes, Naismith and others will  have to chip in with goals to.

I wouldn''t be surprised if the "We won''t go lower than £15m" coming out of Fulham is just to placate their fans should McCormack go. Make them think the club got top dollar for the player. It might also be one last attempt by Fulham to drag in another party before accepting Norwich''s offer.

If AN was making those quotes on Saturday when the club were quite away off Fulham''s asking price it is pretty naive of him. He shouldn''t really be so open about a transfer that is still so much in flux.

£12m was a very fair price for a 29 year old. Fulham will have missed out big time if we now move on.
Yes he will score a shed load for them this season but they will still finish near the bottom. And 2 years from now McCormack wont be worth £1m.
Alex Neil is terrible when it comes to transfers. Why tell everyone that Vadis is moving on? Why tell everyone we are close to getting our man when no price has been agreed? [:@]

I agree about 12 mill being a fair price, whereas 15 mill is not. In all honesty just a week or two ago Fulham were insisting on 15 mill then, so maybe they are reiterating what theyve wanted all along. Also agree in couple seasons he will be worth much less than 15 mill. But i do not think as you do Canary that Fulham will be relegation strugglers this season, in fact i see them comfortably in the top half, but not maybe in the top 4 or 5.Bethnal mentioned  that Alex could of suffered some naivety after his comments at the weekend, i actually believe thats indeed the scenario. Clarity needs to be the sole factor in the  negotiations now, as its plain for all to see that Alex needs to walk away today, now, unless hes 100% positive that McCormack is very very close to joining City.

Alex Neil was also very chatty about transfers last summer, then suddenly refused to comment on anything. I assumed someone had taken him aside and told him to stop it - looks like it was McNally as AN is chatty afain

I have mixed feelings about it, I personally think all the secrecy over transfers is silly and is the reason for the 100s of rumour columns and "in the know" accounts on Twitter. This could all be stopped with a little more openness which would benefit clubs as fans would stop freaking out quite so much - clubs take an awful lot of flak based on untrue rumours. Clubs in Europe aren''t so cagey about everything and the clubs keep fans much more informed; unfortunately this doesn''t really work if only one person is doing it.

To be honest, it isn''t really worth paying attention to all the numbers bounded about by the media (and fools on Twitter), as they are nearly always inaccurate. My instinct says this is actually quite close and Fulham are making one last attempt, they want to sell and will mostly likely cave in soon.

Could AN''s comments not actually be correct, and it''s all-but in the bag just waiting on something to happen (ie Fulham signing their replacement)? I''m pretty sure I read, even when it seemed likely following the comments on Saturday, that it wasn''t due to happen until later in the week. As Bethnal says, this latest could well be Fulham feeding a line to placate their supporters who don''t want McCormack to leave.

IMO if it is (all-but) done, fine - otherwise we ought to move on.

I know he''s scored a lot of Championship goals, but I''m just concerned we''re putting all our eggs in one basket.

Will he fit into our system? Could we get two decent strikers for the same price? I''m not sure, but Alex Neil is obviously determined to get him.

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]off the top of my head i can think of a few plan b''s who will get the goals in, chris martin, hernandez from hull, nahki wells from huddersfield, kodijia from bristol.

get one of those lot in for 10-12mill happy days.[/quote]Apart from Chris Martin - would be happy with any of those - for £12m maybe there''s a chance of Danny Ings - don''t think he''ll be getting much game time at Liverpool.

If Ings is available there will be plenty of lower Prem teams waiting to snap him up. No chance he finds his way down to the Championship.

Any reason, Haggerdoo, you think Danny Ings won''t be played much this season, and, if he did for whatever reason decide to move, might possibly sign for a Championship club?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Any reason, Haggerdoo, you think Danny Ings won''t be played much this season, and, if he did for whatever reason decide to move, might possibly sign for a Championship club?[/quote]Origi been on fire for Liverpool in pre season and with Sturridge,

Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana ahead of him, can''t realistically see him

getting that much game time. Why not come to Norwich? better than that sh*t hole Burnley - good chance of getting back in the prem - or maybe he''d prefer to bide his time and collect his wages.

...or maybe he''d rather sign for a team actually in the Premier League. Of which many will be interested. Also why wouldn''t he want to play for Burnley- he played there for years and was very successful.

Ings may not feature lots for Liverpool, especially with the recent signings they''ve made, then again he might. But if he was to leave, there''d be a lot more Premier League suitors than Burnley for a guy who was in the England side before he got injured.

Saw a rumour that West Ham were interested in Ings. You can forget about that, he won''t be dropping down into the Championship.

Several rumours on Twitter saying he is now signing for Villa!

[quote user="JF"]Several rumours on Twitter saying he is now signing for Villa![/quote]

McCormack or Ings?

Am wondering if McCormack ever wanted to come here anyway. Money to burn on younger if he doesn''t, there will be gems out there for sure 👍

It now seems we have no agreement with Fulham to sign him for 12M, they are now saying his release clause is 15M. So it''s possible we could dip out totally...

[quote user="Ali K"]Presumably we have plenty of other irons in the fire.😀[/quote]I certainly hope so.I thought 10mil was pushing it, 12mil was laughable, but 15mil is beyond ridiculous.Tell them to stick him as far up their backside as possible and go sign one of the younger, stronger, target men that we DO need instead!