Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

[quote user="Diane"]Im probably in the minority but Im glad we''re not paying £15m for McCormack would rather have a young hungry prolific striker from L1.[/quote]
Indeed, how about Sam Winnall at Barnsley, although he has now got them into the Championship. He has scored 53 goals in 120 appearances.   

You''re not alone Diane, for all of the things that people claim make our club a laughing stock, paying £15m for RM would actually make our club a laughing stock (just think how people on here reacted to Fuham paying £11m!)....

It''s just getting a little late to get clubs to sell, another Gayle episode.

If the best option that the scouting system can come up with is 15m for Ross McCormack who doesn''t even look like a good fit style wise for us, then it needs scrapping any fool can identify obvious players. We''ve been signing up the best young midfielders from the division below where are the best young CB''s or CF''s one or two of these champing at the bit could make a big difference.

If we have other options and plans then imo it''s not the end of the world. I would rather pay a reasonable fee for players who won''t fit our game plan then be extortiated by Fulahm paying a ridiculous fee for a good player but an old player who has 2/3 years tops left in him

I still can''t fathom why we were in for a striker who''s more comfortable in a two, especially when we''re looking to get promoted and would more than likely only play one up when in the Prem.

Like others, would rather we looked in the lower leagues or abroad for a player who would fit this profile, has potential, some appreciative value and would be what we needed in the league above.

This has dragged on far too long. AN should have set a date for this to happen or to then go with plan B. Given the complete lack of any hint of other strikers I doubt a plan B even exists.

Lambert wanted Forster when we were promoted to the Championship but Hughton wouldn''t make a decision whether to loan or sell him. Lambert had a date in mind for this deal to be completed and when that deadline was reached with no deal in sight he went to plan B and signed Ruddy from Everton. As a result we had a keeper for the ultimately successful Championship campaign.

Looking like yet again we have chased a player all summer to no avail. If we''re ''going with what we''ve got'' we won''t be challengers this season.

people say we need better overseas scouting

how do you know that the manager is listening to the scouting staff ?

seems strange to me tony spearing head of overseas recruitment at WBA and the best striker in the world football who would come here for 15mil or less is R McC

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I still can''t fathom why we were in for a striker who''s more comfortable in a two, especially when we''re looking to get promoted and would more than likely only play one up when in the Prem.

Like others, would rather we looked in the lower leagues or abroad for a player who would fit this profile, has potential, some appreciative value and would be what we needed in the league above.[/quote]

Lovely do you have any names of strikers who fit your said requirements.

Yeah we didn''t want the highest scoring forward in the league who in a bang average teams has hit 66 goals in 3 season 😳

Afobe...Gayle...McCormack...in the last 12 months we sure seem to have spent time rather then money on chasing strikers..in actual fact its been awhile now since we actually permanently signed a dedicated striker..Alex certainly doesnt seem to want to sign one at all, or maybe does but is not able to.

cant comment how good they are but i looked at last season strikers who are under 30 years oldZach CloughNahki WellsJon Kodijathink id rather take a punt on one of those, they have a lovely thing called youth behind them too albeit Kodija/Wells being the oldest at 26, Clough much younger

Well said, three days until the new season kicks off and we have one striker who''s any good at this level and a decimated defence which is about to get worse with the imminent departure of Ollsson

Villa seem quietly confident they will get him, and with Wolves seriously splashing the cash - looking to sign two strikers, targeting Nugent, we could get seriously cut adrift here. Especially if we lose Olsson and Brady which I think will happen...

I wonder, just wonder, if things changed on sat night/sunday and we''re already in the process of wrapping up a deal for another striker under the radar, with McCormack being our smokescreen.

AN may have made his decision not to pursue McCormack and therefore by publicly saying otherwise he may use this to keep other targets under the radar. Just a possibility to throw out there. After last summer, I don''t doubt for a minute that there is no one else in mind, and very definite plan B''s to pursue - Alex said himself that he wouldn''t throw all our eggs in one basket and I for one trust him on that, I''m not that bothered if we miss out on McCormack, infact I''m not upset about it in the slightest, I''m actually looking forward to an interesting few days/weeks and seeing what pans out.

[quote user="Alejandra"]cant comment how good they are but i looked at last season strikers who are under 30 years oldZach CloughNahki WellsJon Kodijathink id rather take a punt on one of those, they have a lovely thing called youth behind them too albeit Kodija/Wells being the oldest at 26, Clough much younger[/quote]Wells and Clough are both 5''7, so maybe wouldn''t match the manager''s lone striker template. But Clough can play attacking midfield too, and perhaps act as a Hoolahan alternative.

Seems odd!! Neither Fulham or Aston Vile confirming transfer of McCormack...

[quote user="Ali K"]I hope you''re right Alex and that there is a strategy unfolding here.[/quote]

Fingers crossed buddy 👍. Let''s face it, there are all sorts of tricks used in the transfer game - in some ways this McCormack transfer is quite fascinating, never know what''s going to happen next!

Maybe it''s time to step away from this one. It seems that somebody or something is holding this up so with 4 days to go maybe AN should look elsewhere.

our timing is really poor. we had an opportunity this summer to steal a march on both Villa and Wolves (who were in the process of takeovers) but have once again not got deals over the line early and now find ourselves competing with probably three clubs in the same division who have greater financial firepower than us.

We must have known the fee required. It was being reported in the paper last Friday and Villa''s bid is in line with that. If we could never afford it then why the hell are we wasting most of the summer chasing this player?

Just get him in , if we go up 12 million plus is small change. We need a player in his prime now and can fire us back up, not one who might have a good season and has potential . I cant see why everyone is so worried about sell on value etc. Whats to say a younger striker would go on and be worth more than we paid. i remember a certain Dutchmen who was young with potential and possible sell on value , that worked out well didnt it. For me we need the ready made product NOW and mcCormack fits that bill without a doubt , and it would be a massive boost to the squad as well.

This seems to think he will talk to us and villa ??

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/02/ross-mccormack-waits-on-fulham-decision/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

Perhaps people can just calm the fudge down and stop believing everything they read in the papers, especially about transfers! After all this thread was started what feels like months ago because a paper reported we had agreed a fee, that was obviously bollox, yet since then everyone has been getting apoplectic at our club because papers and websites are reporting other things, which obviously can''t be the aforementioned bollox can they?