Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Jacob Murphy Bid

NORWICH REJECT MURPHY BID

Norwich

City reject bid in the region of £300,000 from Sky Bet Championship rivals Reading for Jacob MurphySky

sources
understand.

We do have to consider if he is going to play? I like him but is his brother going to block his pathway into the team and is a transfer to a championship club a good way of getting a future fee with a decent sell on. Got to be more than 300k though that 1990''s pricing.

£300k is not good money at all. The Murphy''s have both proven themselves as goal-scoring and assisting wide players. Plus I very much doubt we''ll be selling either of them until we know we have the other wide players nailed down.

Reality is right now we have:

Canos, Murphy''s (2) and Brady along with Jarvis who is out injured again. So, should Brady be sold, we could be looking at having three fit wide players.

Naismith can play there too, along with Hoolahan, but it''s not either''s preferred or most effective position.

Jacob was one of the best performers in League One for his position last year, is in a great position to either go loan to a champs side this season or potentially be called upon by AN if he feels he''s ready enough, and on that basis alone 300k is a complete joke of an offer.Canos only has a years more Champs experience and easily looks worth the 2.5mil we''ve paid for him, and any offer for Murphy would need to be at least 50-60% of that, to even be worth considering, ergo unless we get a sensible offer of 1mil or more, we shouldn''t even be entertaining the idea IMHO.

Would be devastated if we let him go for 1m. Some decent performances at Championship level and suddenly we have a multi million pound player on our hands.

We paid 1 million on AN''s recommendation for the French Stick that makes Murphy worth 10 million

Bring in Steve Bruce

Good.

What does category a status cost us? 2.5 mill a year? If we dont want him and can get that it pays for the academy for a year.

Don''t want either Jacob or Josh to go, for any fee, as they''re going places with US. I reckon both will score numerous goals this season given the opportunity (which they have every chance after a perfect confidence boosting pre season). Said to Josh 2 or 3 years back that he was going to be a star for us if he worked hard through the ranks, and obviously that''s what he hoped too, he had his unassuming feet on the ground then and I''m sure it''s no different now, a genuinely good kid - I''m really pleased how things are going for both Murphy''s, our best home grown prospects since Bellas and they fully deserve it, nice one Jacob and Josh - now tear the Championship a new one 👍

Jacob gets better than Josh on Fifa, maybe that''s how reading chose between them? Surely Josh just edges his brother in terms of the most developed? I wonder what they see...

None of our "youth" contingent should be for sale. Loans only, and only if it is right for the player. Some of these now should be staking claims on first team action; Toffolo, Maddison, Thompson, Murphy''s, etc.

[quote user="king canary"]£300k? They can times it by about 10 then we might consider it...[/quote]

Especially when they have just sold the young midfield player that were reported to be interested in for £5m to Aston Villa.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]We do have to consider if he is going to play? I like him but is his brother going to block his pathway into the team and is a transfer to a championship club a good way of getting a future fee with a decent sell on. Got to be more than 300k though that 1990''s pricing.[/quote]

Joshua plays on the left wing and Jacob plays on the right wing or in the no 10 (hole) position.

I see Jacob Murphy and Canos competing for the right wing spot.

It''s interesting reading how much people were ''wanting'' for Jacob Murphy last summer? It''s surprising that he wasn''t our Player of the Season considering most fans now value how at at least 10 times what they did last season??!!!

£300k is derisory frankly in the current market, it''s not as if he''s on silly wages for the division.  I suspect it''s a simple try on to see if we''d be interested at 1m-2m and I really hope not.

[quote user="Lewis DW"]It''s interesting reading how much people were ''wanting'' for Jacob Murphy last summer? It''s surprising that he wasn''t our Player of the Season considering most fans now value how at at least 10 times what they did last season??!!![/quote]

If Redmond is valued at £11m (probably more now) Murphy is worth £15m as he is by far the more influential player - he may not be as skillful, but he involves himself far more, has more impact and is more valuable to a team - including England under 21s.

If he could improve his final ball by even 10% Murphy would become a £30m player.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Check the dates on the previous posts ICF! ;-)[/quote]

LOL just goes to show how we could bump plenty more old threads and some of us wouldn''t notice [:$] what goes around comes around I guess...

Glad to know there isn''t a £300k bid actually on the table for him at the moment...