Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Lamine Koné

"Norwich City’s urgent need for a centre-back in the January transfer window is already being addressed, according to reports.

Scouts from the Norfolk club were in France at the weekend to watch

Lamine Koné of Lorient, who’s made over 100 appearances for the Ligue 1

side.

It was no secret Alex Neil made signing a high-quality centre back a

priority in the summer, which ended in disappointment as the club failed

to make a permanent signing in that area. Following a number of

game-deciding errors in the centre of the City defence throughout the

season, the issue of bringing in a new face has again become a huge

concern at the club.

Koné has made a total of 112 appearances for Lorient and is now

involved in the international side for the Ivory Coast after playing for

France from Under 17 to Under 20 level.

But Norwich will likely face Premier League competition for the

defender with Sunderland, West Ham and Aston Villa all showing interest.

The Ivorian has made clear he is willing to leave France in the winter

transfer window.

http://readnorwich.com/2015/12/16/norwich-target-ligue-1-defender/

And all the smarta**es commenting with their oneliners, believing they are funny, have ofcourse never heard the name of the player.

[quote user="grefstad"]And all the smarta**es commenting with their oneliners, believing they are funny, have ofcourse never heard the name of the player.[/quote]I must confess i know nothing about the player and as Wiki is so unreliable and French football is not shown that much maybe you could put some meat on the bones grefstad for us ignorants.

I do wonder if some players get put off by some of our so called fans-I remember a Twitter halfwit tweeting some nasty abuse directly to Walters when he was linked with us in the summer because he used to play for Ipswich (4 years before).

Twitter does turn really nasty at times -unfortunately it gives idiots a direct line of communication with the players.

The worst offenders were 14-16 year old lads who seemed to think they were some sort of football writer with a link to a crap blog on their bio but ended up getting aggressive with everyone. It goes a bit mental in the transfer window.

I take it he hasn''t featured on any computer games yet or we would have had people telling us how good or bad a player he actually is.

[quote user="grefstad"]And all the smarta**es commenting with their oneliners, believing they are funny, have ofcourse never heard the name of the player.[/quote]Are you looking forward to Christmas, grefstad? I would imagine it''s going to be a veritable wonderland of fun and frolics in your household, right? I hope you analysed the tinsel options thoroughly before making a decision on which sort to buy...

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="grefstad"]And all the smarta**es commenting with their oneliners, believing they are funny, have ofcourse never heard the name of the player.[/quote]I must confess i know nothing about the player and as Wiki is so unreliable and French football is not shown that much maybe you could put some meat on the bones grefstad for us ignorants.[/quote]Bump for grefstad !

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think he''ll be in the bookies, telling everyone how $hit they are, how its all so easy and that he''s the Betting God.[/quote]

Bookies are not $hite, but they nearly always got the edge. An important factor.

As for my own betting, it is going very well, thank you, as I have become accustomed to in the last 10 years.

Usually my betting profits more than pays for my travelling around Europe watching football. And as some of you may know (although I have my doubts), when betting, you need to use your head, not your fecking heart.

BREAKING NEWS

Sam

Allardyce is on the verge of completing his first signing as Sunderland

boss after Lorient announced they have accepted a bid for centre-back

Lamine Kone.

Lorient’s vice-president Alex Hayes

confirmed that an offer had been accepted and Kone was on the verge of a

move to the Premier League.

He would have to be pretty awfull not to be an improvement on coates and kaboul. Hopefully a position we will try strengthen.

Bit surprised he''s gone to Sunderland, they''ve obviously thrown a lot of money at him I assume...

Was it officially confirmed anywhere that they were actually watching him play, and if so maybe he''s not up to the standard we need?

Might be a good thing we didn''t get him, if we were actually in the running for him

Bethnal is tweeting this morning that we will pay whatever it takes to land N''Koulou..... According to French media.

Now this would be a signing and make more sense with our African contingent in place.

NKoulou would be a good signing but suspect the l''equipe article is there to re-invigorate interest from some larger clubs.

Would like this to happen but with his contract up in June (large signing on fee possible) and Marseilles still in the europa league its one I can only get excited about when it happens.

Good luck to Kone if he has chosen Sunderland, he is going to need it.Seems a lot of these players are linked with nearly ever Premier League club going. N''Koulou is also linked with Liverpool and Chelsea.

At least N''Koulou is likely to get regular game time at Norwich. Cover and competition in the CB position must be a top priority for us this window. If we don''t get this I think we may struggle especially if there are injuries or loss of form. I think Alex Neil has had to compromise his team selections and tactics to try to compensate for the back four this season. Hope we can get decent reinforcements over the line in this window. I''m sure the targets have been identified for some time - it''s up to you Mr McNally - show us what you can do!!