Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Brady Bid Accepted?

I didn''t think the club had to sell anyone especially someone we are better off keeping.Total rubbish

Nothing from the usual sources so definitely looking unlikely. £6m is a tad too high for my liking

[quote user="AJ"]Nothing from the usual sources so definitely looking unlikely. £6m is a tad too high for my liking[/quote]

Sky Sports now saying we''ve just made a bid of £6m

A Sky Sports jurno who is good on transfers (Peter O''Rouke) was saying Norwich made a £6m bid, before the @UberNorwichCity (who repeats other stories and pass it off as their info), upgraded it to a bid ''accepted''.

Imagine Brady will be a Norwich player sooner rather than later, think it has been pretty clear he was heading to Norwich as soon as Bruce had his little outburst.

The £6m is probably a little higher than the real bid to save Hull some blushes.

It''s a good enough link for the pinkun to make it the lead story, they dont usually go ''big'' on things of there''s nowt in it. I''d have said a ballpark £5m was about right, which this isn''t much more than - if AN definitely wants the lad then he''s worth whatever it takes.

Hopefully this one is sorted now. £6m seems fair and leaves plenty left for a couple more deals.

Olsson being injured probably sped this up as we need cover now, not deadline day. The other positions aren''t as pressing imo and once Olsson is back fit, Brady can go back to challenging for the left mid slot.

It has taken a while by all accounts for us to table a sensible bid, but it now looks as if we have and there must be a good chance that this transfer will happen. The last thing we want to do as a club is not support the manager in his transfer targets provided they are not silly money

6 million straight or with a player exchange?

That''s not out of the park money for a 23 year old.

Makes me wonder where this leaves Murphy out on loan?

We have a glut of midfielders now but at least Brady gives us cover at right back and right midfield.

Hopefully this one will go through soon.

If true, a massively underwhelming signing that only serves to highlight how provincial our scouting network has become. So, with 3 weeks to go till the start of the season, we''ve signed two West Brom cast offs and (possibly) a utility player who was a key factor in Hull''s demise last time round. Be still my beating heart...

Let''s not ignore the fact we already have a pretty good side Thetford Yellow!

It was made pretty clear at the end of last season there would be no massive overhaul. The squad has a good togetherness and spirit and it was enough last time we got promoted.

Mulumbu brings in great quality and experience and is a great signing on a free, whilst Dorrans was a big part of our play-offs promotion run.

As for Brady, he would be a back-up signing whilst Olsson is recoving and would provide some healthy competition down the left. Not world changing signings yes, but required.

We still have a few weeks yet and no doubt McNally and co. will be chasing every name Mr Neil thinks we should be adding to the squad. The fact we turned down a striker once they''d been here goes to show we must have other options on the cards. Be patient!

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]If true, a massively underwhelming signing that only serves to highlight how provincial our scouting network has become. So, with 3 weeks to go till the start of the season, we''ve signed two West Brom cast offs and (possibly) a utility player who was a key factor in Hull''s demise last time round. Be still my beating heart...[/quote]

That''s what we''re all hoping for. [:)]

[quote] If true, a massively underwhelming signing that only serves to highlight how provincial our scouting network has become. So, with 3 weeks to go till the start of the season, we''ve signed two West Brom cast offs and (possibly) a utility player who was a key factor in Hull''s demise last time round. Be still my beating heart... [/quote]

Are you kidding? Who do you think we are? What''s our position in the market? We have to look at players from the relegated teams because realistically they''re the only young players we can get who''ve had a sniff of premier league football. Otherwise we go down the ''young, unproven'' route, or good ol'' ''Arry''s favourite ploy of chucking any amount of stupid money at someone who might have once played for Chelsea a few times.

Brady''s a good signing - prem experience, can cover left back and also push the others in midfield, is young and has realistic prospects of increasing in value.

Remember, good players can get relegated; good teams don''t.

Oh what a surprise - it was always on the cards that the ''we aren''t signing anyone'' whingers would immediately switch to slagging off whichever signings we appear to be making.

In the real world, If we sign Brady we''ll have 3 players with plenty of PL experience, which is excellent for us. I kind-of get the impression that some would have us signing any number of cheap foreign players - quantity not quality. Obviously that is not a great model and one that is far more likely not to work out.

£6m would be on the expensive side. But with the inflation we''ve seen recently it could be seen to be a fair price in a year or two. If we are paying over the odds then at least it''s on a younger player rather than a 28/29 year old.

I''d be very surprised if the fee quoted is the full 6mil up front, more likely around 4/4.5mil with add-ons and possibly a sell on clause too. Hull aren''t going to openly say that though as they want their fans to think that they have got the best possible deal for him. Bruce can try to talk up the price as much as he likes, but Brady has 12 months left on his contract and if he wanted to sign a new one I''m sure it would have happened by now. Hardly a strong bargaining position for Hull!

For what it''s worth, I think this will be a great signing. As said by others, has plenty of Prem games under his belt, good crosser, versatile and will add plenty of quality down the left flank in either a defensive, or midfield capacity. Easily one of Hull''s best performers over the past couple of seasons. I''ll be extremely happy if this one goes through!

"....a utility player who was a key factor in Hull''s demise last time round. Be still my beating heart..."

And what do you expect, exactly?

"...a fully established international with over 40 caps for his country and a Champions League winners medal" perhaps?

We went down last year and guess what? Clubs were looking to pick us off for a lot of our players even though they were might also have been a "key factor" in our demise.

Snodgrass went, Fer went and there was plenty of interest in quite a few more-Martin, Howson, Tettey, BJ and Redmond to name but five.

All those clubs were as wrong then as we are now, presumably?                 

[quote user="Guy Burgess"]A poor mans snodgrass. 6 million we have been done like a kipper.

McNally out[/quote]Gawd give me strength...................[:S]

What does anyone know about this guy? Doesn''t look like he''s scored much or got many assists over the past few years. Can anyone enlighten me?

Can we not just get Waveny and all of his aliases blocked? The bloke''s a bell end and the reason many people avoid this board.