Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Brady Bid Accepted?

I do quite like our owners though, they leave the footballing decisions to the gaffer and back him.

They''re also very good negotiators in transfers, got us £12m for Long, £5m rising to £6m for Ince, who''s a PL flop and at least £7m by the looks of it for Brady but I wouldn''t be surprised if it''s closer to £9m

To be honest it is tough to find left sided players.

But this is one position where you can pick up a player from Europe and not pay over the odds for a British based player.

Has he really set the world alight to be a squad player here with a 6 million quid bid? No

Is he going to be a guarantee in the first 11? In all honesty no.

Is this an area where we need to be investing this value of money? Again for me no. The priority is centre half, right back and possible a centre forward in the mbokani mould.

He has played two seasons in the premier league but so have many of out players and I would say that does not mean he is a player who deserves to be there.

I remember one prominent prem manager mentioned you are only classed a premiership player if you have played about 120 games in the premier league.

2 seasons in the league isn''t a lot when you come up with a promoted team and then the following season get relegated.

No real competition at the club and of course there is the high of promotion and then staying up for 1 season.

For me not a player to get excited about mulumbu is a better prospect to improve our team and glad we have him. But Brady at that cost for a utility man ad not guaranteed starter seems too steep. Go to Europe and find a better equipped player for half the few and invest in those key positions to raise our teams level.

Maybe AN thinks he is. But I think we need key good signings in the three positions above.

Just as a little indications, the Ince transfer took over 6 weeks to complete. It went on forever this summer, but they caved eventually to our demands because they needed the player.

Bull - if he signs, we will pay nothing like that amount for Brady, whether or not Hull supporters believe it; there''s bound to be a figure mentioned that has absolutely no chance of being reached, that''s just a sop. Fact is, you paid hugely over the top for Snodgrass so your dealings clearly aren''t so brilliant (and you did just get relegated, so those dealings clearly weren''t the best!)

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Bull - if he signs, we will pay nothing like that amount for Brady, whether or not Hull supporters believe it; there''s bound to be a figure mentioned that has absolutely no chance of being reached, that''s just a sop. Fact is, you paid hugely over the top for Snodgrass so your dealings clearly aren''t so brilliant (and you did just get relegated, so those dealings clearly weren''t the best!)[/quote]
This sums the whole sage and thread up nice and neatly. [Y]

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]I can''t remember a transfer window being so badly managed by the club this transfer being the prime example.

McNally out[/quote]
Hey, binner.... shhh.  

Wonder if it has anything to do with our new Head of Recruitment who failed miserably to attract players while at Burnley....

I can''t say that £12m for Long looks like shrewd business - I thought the main reason Hull went down was the inability to score goals.

I never understood how or why Hull got involved with Ince either.

There is no chance out last bid was 6 million and rejected. We apparently bid 2, then 2.5 and then 3 million. There is no way they would then all of a sudden double their next bid to 6 million. Sorry but bo chance. I''d imagine if we had made a 4th bid it would be closer to 4 million. And there is absolutely zero chance that we would even entertain the idea of paying 8 or 9 million for a championship player. Hull fans are deluded if they really think they can get that much for a player in the championship who has a year left on his deal and isn''t likely to sign a new one

"AN has the sense to walk away."

I would assume so, but we won''t get our teeth out of this one and it has been bubbling up for some time.

I would assume that it''s all at the manager''s instigation and that he must be quite keep on the player and must envisage a place for him in the grand scheme of things.

How Neil has had the chance to see much of him though is a puzzle, especially as he (AN) is newish to the English game.

Clearly he will have had good reports, but a hands-on manager such as he would seem to be would need much more.

It is Alex Neil''s clear enthusiasm for Brady that brings me onto the side of wanting the signing to go through, even though we might end up paying a bit too much.

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]There is no chance out last bid was 6 million and rejected. We apparently bid 2, then 2.5 and then 3 million. There is no way they would then all of a sudden double their next bid to 6 million. Sorry but bo chance. I''d imagine if we had made a 4th bid it would be closer to 4 million. And there is absolutely zero chance that we would even entertain the idea of paying 8 or 9 million for a championship player. Hull fans are deluded if they really think they can get that much for a player in the championship who has a year left on his deal and isn''t likely to sign a new one[/quote]We supposedly got £7m for Snodgrass, a Championship player with (I think) only a year left on his contract. And with the mega-mega-TV deal coming in the season after this one transfer fees have already started to climb. Hence (supposedly) £8m for Mings. There is no way we would bid £4m for Brady  and expect it to be accepted. Whether he is intrinsically worth £6m-£7m I don''t know, but that is the kind of money we will have to be prepared to pay.

Clarifications:

For FCC: I believe the reference made on shrewd business for Hull was the fee they received from Southampton

For Broadstairs: ( referring to Brady ) Of course, it should not be a puzzle for anyone that any manager has full video accessibility for players participating in the Premiership. I certainly have as a result of making full use of today''s technology and, if I have, I have no doubt that Alex Neil has.

Yes, that''s blatantly obvious and needs no mention.

Videos do not give the entire picture though ( ref: RVW) and we are likely talking about £6m quid here.

Was AN in Ireland for the international? That''s a more pertinent factor although, If so, he wouldn''t have had over-much to go on.

In managerial parlance it''s referred to as "having a look at the player" (ref: Mick McCarthy, who appears very good at it.)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Yes, that''s blatantly obvious and needs no mention. Videos do not give the entire picture though ( ref: RVW) and we are likely talking about £6m quid here. Was AN in Ireland for the international? That''s a more pertinent factor although, If so, he wouldn''t have had over-much to go on. In managerial parlance it''s referred to as "having a look at the player" (ref: Mick McCarthy, who appears very good at it.)[/quote]

What?? But what you stated ( How Neil has had the chance to see much of him though is a puzzle, especially as he (AN) is newish to the English game ) you think does warrant mentioning. That''s just a dumb comment from you. What a lot of people saw of RVW in advance were video clips and in leagues that did not get the coverage/exposure that the Premiership does. We''re not speaking of video clips here but full games covered throughout Brady''s time at Hull. Of course Alex Neil can form a strong opinion on Brady from that. Nobody claimed it gives the entire picture so you''re debating with yourself on that one. It sounds to me like you haven''t seen Brady play very much.

all the noises seem to suggest we havent had the latest bid accepted anyhow.

Time to put a proper offer in or move on I say.  Time is ticking on and I would ahve hoped all major work would have been done by now so to take them on the training camp.

I''m not ready for wetting my pants yet, but they are getting slightly damp I have to admit.  Every day I keep expecting us to announce a signing no-one saw coming.  Every day it doesnt happen makes me think its not going to happen.

Can we please sort the defence out !

"What?? But what you stated. How Neil has had the chance to see much of him though is a puzzle, especially as he (AN) is newish to the English game ) does warrant mentioning. That''s just a dumb comment from you. What a lot of people saw of RVW in advance were video clips and in leagues that did not get the coverage/exposure that the Premiership does. We''re not speaking of video clips here but full games covered throughout Brady''s time at Hull. Of course Alex Neil can form a strong opinion on Brady from that. Nobody claimed it gives the entire picture so you''re debating with yourself on that one. It sounds to me like you haven''t seen Brady play very much."

Eh?

Could neither make head nor tail of all that.

What I did glean was your unnecessary need to lean towards the offensive, unless "dumb" is a complimentary term over there.

As for your very last sentence. No, I have not seen Brady play much and neither should I think have many on here.

Neither myself or others are making the final decision to spend £6m on the player though.

I remain hopeful that Alex Neil''s continued interest in the player is based upon more than he has seen of him on the small screen.

If our last bid is not enough for Hull I would tell the player''s agent we will come back in January so he can sign a pre-contract agreement with us and then sign him next summer when his contract is up and get him for a Bosman free.

If I was McNally I''d just wait it out. Eventually Steve Bruce will have to pick up the phone if nobody has made an offer and the deadline is nearing.At £6m+ I can''t see many clubs being interested.

[quote user="EPT.Sports"]What''s Redmond worth in your opinions if Brady isn''t worth £7m[/quote]15 million and not a penny less.He has all the talent and potential to be one of the best attacking players that''s been produced over here in the past 10 years, so we have to price him accordingly.I could argue that he''s not a million miles away from Sterling in performance levels and ability, so if he''s worth 49mil, then Redmond simply can''t be that much less.

There is definitely some kind of exponential curve in the price of top(in demand) players, Sterling is decent, pretty good in fact, but is he worth 3,4 or 5 Redmonds?

If you are the ''hot'' player of the moment then your value goes through the roof, literally in most cases, setting a new level in max transfer fees. Almost like some kind of showpiece deal....maybe Sky sponsor a bit of the price of this seasons biggie.

It''s quite funny their stats from the Championship are almost identical.

The year we went up Brady had 13 assists and 4 goals

Last year, Redmond had 13 assists and 6 goals.

Considering Brady played wing back and didn''t join till October there''s not a lot between them. But you guys don''t think Brady is worth £5m, but Redmond''s worth 3x that.

Brady plays for a poor, recently relegated side, wants out and has one year left on his contract. Almost entirely the opposite circumstances surround Redmond so yes, he will be worth a lot more. Simple.

Nice to meet you Sir Anthony, you remind me of someone, who could that be, there is something in your use of language that is familiar, too familiar actually. Yes ive seen him play, not that impressed really. I think he''s a bit hoe and cold, ive seen games where he couldnt cross or defend, but ive also seen him play pretty well. Against germany he was Sh1te.