Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Brady Bid Accepted?

This''ll go through by the end of the window. Too much has gone on for it to fail now

Yelloow Since 72 wrote the following post at 24/07/2015 9:06 PM:

No mention of us. Could this be Watford?

The ubiquitous Watford

£7m bid accepted. You''ve finally paid the money, have to think that we''re very much the winners.

Whoever sorts your transfers needs sacking, his/her negotiating skills are non existent

[quote user="EPT.Sports"]£7m bid accepted. You''ve finally paid the money, have to think that we''re very much the winners.

Whoever sorts your transfers needs sacking, his/her negotiating skills are non existent[/quote]Not really, considering a few of the figures that were being thrown around by Steve Bruce.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Yelloow Since 72 wrote the following post at 24/07/2015 9:06 PM:

No mention of us. Could this be Watford?

The ubiquitous Watford[/quote]New account Vanwink?

quote user="EPT.Sports"]£7m bid accepted. You''ve finally paid the money, have to think that we''re very much the winners.

Whoever sorts your transfers needs sacking, his/her negotiating skills are non existent[/quote
Talk about clutching at straws

Us Hull fans always thought that any bids around the £7m mark would be sufficient.

How many times do managers play games in the press? The valuation was always £7m and it was hit.

I don''t know why some Canary fans are complaining, he''s a young player and could really push on for you now. £7m might seem hefty but when you look at the market and with the riches on offer next season in the PL then it is understandable

Realistic price, we seem to have gone in a bit low but hey, he''s going to be a yellow now who cares.

[quote user="EPT.Sports"]£7m bid accepted. You''ve finally paid the money, have to think that we''re very much the winners.

Whoever sorts your transfers needs sacking, his/her negotiating skills are non existent[/quote]

Think we already won last season when your paid more for snodgrass to spend the season in the treatment room

It is funny how this has come about straight after the much-mentioned budget meeting yesterday (you know, the one mancTiger insisted would have no impact on the Brady transfer).

It wouldn''t surprise me if nothing much actually changed on our bid -,McNally has certainly been pretty cool about it the whole time, it''s fatface who''s been throwing out the comments to the press .

As for the ''figure finally being reached'' I''m pretty sure we''ve seen asking figures quoted of 15m, 10m, 9m and 8m. If it is "7m" I imagine it will never be reached, it''ll be via a load of add-ons that''ll not lhappen.

Really cannot see it that we have gone from a £2 million bid to £7 million for a squad player with 12 months left on his contract, perhaps they have thrown in N`Doye or Hernandez for free.It just does`nt sound like the way McNally works at all.

Lost interest in this signing a long time ago. Not bothered he is coming as will need to improve a lot to get a game.

It''s hard to tell. But you could quite easily have put in another bid. Bruce did say that your last £6m bid was close. I''m interested too see if Watford follow up their interest and rival you now.

On our other dealings we''ve been asking for all the money up front. But I''d imagine £7m will be guaranteed and there may be a few added bits as per usual.

[quote user="EPT.Sports"]Us Hull fans always thought that any bids around the £7m mark would be sufficient. How many times do managers play games in the press? The valuation was always £7m and it was hit. I don''t know why some Canary fans are complaining, he''s a young player and could really push on for you now. £7m might seem hefty but when you look at the market and with the riches on offer next season in the PL then it is understandable[/quote]

In the end ( if this goes through ), what will have occurred is that Norwich and Hull have exchanged players with similar skill levels with the ball for approximately the same amount of money. The key differences are that you have acquired a player that will be 28 years old in six weeks ( and has only played a single game for you ) and we will receive a player who is 23 years old until next year rolls around. One of them moves on the attack at a snails pace and the other has speed on the attack. I''ll leave you to decide who is the snail and who is the hare.

Sorry, but don''t buy that one bit. Your squad isn''t particularly great and I can understand why a lot of people fancy you to go down at this early stage when you look at quality of other teams around you.

Brady will be a regular first XI player, you don''t pay £7m to leave someone on the bench.

Hull meeting today...

Allam: So Mr Bruce, have you thought any more on Brady.

Bruce: Look Assem, I already told you, he''s going nowhere for less than 15 million.

Allam: Steve, please sit down, you''re going purple. Do you know he wants to leave?

Bruce: Who''s the boss around here? Certainly not Brady, precocious little brat.

Allam: Actually Steve, I''m the boss! I''m selling him to Norwich.

Bruce: No, no, no, I''ll quit if he goes there. This will make me look really stupid.

Allam: Sit down Steve, and try to breath. You know where my office isIt''s always open for you.

Bruce: OK, ok. Can we make up a higher figure though, for the Daily Mirror?

Allam: Let''s just call it ''undisclosed''. Auditors are coming later in the year.  

Bruce: But boss, can we stop there. I''ll never get us promoted if anyone else leaves.

Allam: Look Steve, you spent a fortune in January, and look where that got us. I''ll make the decisions thank you.

Bruce: Cough cough, ok ok what I have I got to spend?

Allam: You get paid at the end of the month. Spend what you like of that. Maybe get a gym membership, and cut down on the fast food?

Bruce: whimper, whimper, I''ll see you on Monday boss.

Allam: OK Steve, see you then. Oh before you leave, you know Hernandez and Chester won''t be there?

Bruce: No why? Are they sick?

Allam: No, Hernandez asked to leave, so I''m selling him as well to Italy. Chester will be sold to Palace next week. My yacht needs a dry dock soon. I have to get the money from somewhere.

Bruce: Please boss, no more.

Allam: Close the door on your way out.

Well I have no idea who you''re describing, it certainly isn''t Brady.

He''s quite slow in attack and often slows attacks down by messing on the ball. His delivery is either very good or mildly average, there''s very little inbetween with him

To be fair, you sound just like any other fan when one of their better player leaves, goes onto the buying teams message board and say that they aren''t very good and you have better player anyway. At the end of the day, he is one of your better players and you know he is. Much like snodgrass was to us. And I don''t buy for 1 second that 7 million is the figure they wanted all along. It started at 15 million in the papers and has come down to 7, and like somebody else said, I can''t see it being paid all up front. At the end of the day, a 23 year old versatile player who can play left back and left midfield, is a better deal than a 27 or 28 year old who has virtually no pace and is very very one footed. If we should sack the guy who does our negotiations then so should you

There''s absolutely no malice from most Hull fans I think. It''s a very good deal for us. 12 months left on his contract, we''ve dropped down a level.

The biggest sadness from our point of view is that he would have been very good for us in the Championship but in the PL he couldn''t really get a consistent run of games in the side. It wasn''t necessarily just form, but injuries too. We are well stocked in that position and Robertson has the potential to go onto very good things which softens the blow for us somewhat.

I''ve never said he wasn''t very good, I''ve said he''s frustrating and over priced but that''s merely my opinion. I just feel that he should have a greater impact on games but you''ll soon see for yourself anyway.

Our transfer dealings have been very good really, £5m rising to £6m for Ince is daylight robbery and now Brady at £7m.

[quote user="EPT.Sports"]He''s quite slow in attack and often slows attacks down by messing on the ball. His delivery is either very good or mildly average, there''s very little inbetween with him[/quote]

Is he worth £7m then or a bitter Hull fan who is admitting defeat they''re in the lower league and losing any of their decent players. Think this is the case.

How many other Premier League websites are you also posting the same drivel on??? I''d bet we''re not the only site you''re posting on. If so, really, you need to get a life as what you post isn''t from the clubs horses mouth but your own sad biased opinion.

YC called it right.
EPT, you have basically described Snodgrass, and you are very naive, if you think any transfers are paid ''up front''.