Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Brady Bid Accepted?

My concern is his desire to bail out after relegation. Reminds me of our Fulham capitulation when some players appeared to want to stay up with new contracts at other teams, rather than fight to keep the club up.

That season Worthy had sold some of the loyal old guard and brought in mercenaries.

Why doesn''t Brady give Hull a year to try and bring them back? I have a lot of respect for our players who stayed loyal when we went down - and got us back up.

Funny how differing opinions can be when it comes to football. I don''t think Redmond is that fast at all and the Murpheys aren''t that much quicker. I''m sure Howson is our quickest player over 10 yards (which is the most important) currently and from what I''ve seen Brady is no slouch in that area and lightening fast over long distances making him the perfect player for a counter attacking side.

Redmond and the Murphey''s are very skillful but not once have I seen them use pace to beat players like Hucks used to. Their reasonably fast players but Brady is damn right quick by any measurement and I think he''s be extremely useful in this side

The way some football fans accept and believe everything they read or hear off some bloke half cut in a pub amazes me.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Funny how differing opinions can be when it comes to football. I don''t think Redmond is that fast at all and the Murpheys aren''t that much quicker. I''m sure Howson is our quickest player over 10 yards (which is the most important) currently and from what I''ve seen Brady is no slouch in that area and lightening fast over long distances making him the perfect player for a counter attacking side.

Redmond and the Murphey''s are very skillful but not once have I seen them use pace to beat players like Hucks used to. Their reasonably fast players but Brady is damn right quick by any measurement and I think he''s be extremely useful in this side[/quote]Thats because there is more than one sort of speed.Being fast over the length of a pitch means you have to be able to keep at top speed for 10+yards. Some players are good at this but actually their ecceleration isn''t as good. Some players have explosive ecceleration but lack overall pace over a longer distance. Much like some cars will be quick off the mark but their actual top speed might be slower than a car that takes a little longer to get there.In footy you then have other factors. What was key to Huckerby''s success was not just his pace, but the fact that he could make the ball stick to his feet whilst moving rapidly. This meant he could run fast with the ball. Some players can''t do that. They are better playing the ball or running onto a ball that is beyond their marker or a back four.Players like Howson are intelligent. As a midfielder you rarely want to be caught on your heels, if you are already moving, and reading the game well, it is far easier to eccelerate. The same as it is quicker for a car to eccelerate from a rolling start as the initial energy required to get everything going is already there. If you can change your pace seemlessly this works even better. An essential facet for a decent midfielder - doing that can make it really hard for players to read or predict and can give you yards to think or expose etc.Redmond is fast, but I think he has been developed in his time with us. Where as before I think he was encouraged to primarily use his pace, he is being encouraged to be more complete. The problem with some fast players is that they can get  along way up the pitch and run themselves into dead ends due to a lack of rapid support to keep up with them. You need a player to be able to do both and know when to use that pace. Also, if you are playing on the break more, or playing a little more conservatively rather than being an out and out winger, you may not want them bombing on all of the time, you need to invite the opposition to not sit so deep so that pace can exploit them.Either way, Redmond and the Murphy''s are pretty quick - maybe not Walcott at his best quick, but quick compared to most of the defenders they will be up against quick, and after all, that is the main thing.

On the concept of running and speed, the average distance covered per match per player in the Premier League is decreasing. The norm now is for higher intensity sprints over shorter distances.

Is £7m value for money? I''m sure Brady is a good player but wouldnt we be better off spending £3m on Alonso who''s only a year older and has experience with a much stronger team and European experience too, and use the extra 4m saved to make sure we can compete for Van Dijk...

We haven''t got Brady yet either 😉

Just two weeks to go, I wonder if there is any player going the other way and that''s why it''s taking time to sort out?

Be happy with Brady signing regardless of fee on the basis he''s been Alex Neil''s number 1 target this summer.

Brady will bring excellent balance to our squad. Be even better if we get both Alonso and Brady although not sure if it''s one or the other.

Finally!! 3 year dealhttp://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/28/robbie-brady-agrees-three-year-deal-at-norwich/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday