Unused sub yesterday in St Eteinnes last game.

Disappointing season for him I wonder what happens to him next.

Nightmare scenario is that we get promoted no one wants him and we are stuck with him

Surely Alex Neil will want to take a look at him ?

do we know for sure he couldnt do a job with the right level of service ?

I''d say a worse scenario would be not getting promoted and being stuck with him.

[quote user="Baywing"]Surely Alex Neil will want to take a look at him ?

do we know for sure he couldnt do a job with the right level of service ?[/quote]

What is there to see...unused sub for most of this season, crap last season (plenty of video evidence)

should never wear a norwich shirt again

can''t do a job for St Etienne with Decent service... was clearly out of his depth last season (only partly due to Hoots tactics... fact is RVW is Sh*t!)Wouldn''t suprise me if we don''t see him in league 1 or Scotland in the future.. never good enough.. never will be

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]Unused sub yesterday in St Eteinnes last game.

Disappointing season for him I wonder what happens to him next.

Nightmare scenario is that we get promoted no one wants him and we are stuck with him[/quote]Perhaps he should change his name Waveney. [;)]

This thread reminds me a bit of a number of Bradley Johnson threads that were kicking around last season and all of pre-season.

He''s clearly also not good enough and never will be, isn''t he?!?

Give the guy another chance before completely writing him off.

[quote user="Clint"]This thread reminds me a bit of a number of Bradley Johnson threads that were kicking around last season and all of pre-season.

He''s clearly also not good enough and never will be, isn''t he?!?

Give the guy another chance before completely writing him off.[/quote]

Johnson didnt cost nearly 10 million quid...

RVW has scored just 10 times in 2 years.... the majority against an amateur side in the french cup...

just what chance should he be given? what evidence have you seen to indicate he''s good enough?

He needs the chance to be good again.

He''s still young enough, and he has been a good player. We need him to get his career back on track in order to try and recoup some of the transfer fee.

Let''s wait and see. The boys got a point to prove and Alex Neill does seem to be a good motivator.

Well if he does come back, I am happy for Alex Neil to decide what is best for RVW. You never know what can happen, if you look at that pile of scum down the road, they have Daryl Murphy banging them in. He had been pretty dire for years before this season.

Quite a lot of spiteful stuff on this thread (and the other one) towards a player who came over as a thoroughly decent individual, who gave his absolute all, even through great adversity and enlisted quite a lot of sympathy from most of us for his eventual complete loss of confidence. I remember writing on here at the time words to the effect that I don''t recall ever seeing a City player so devoid of confidence.Clearly, it was the biggest and most expensive mistake in the history of the Club''s transfer business, from the scouting, to Hughton and his team and ultimately the Board, but let''s not heap the blame on the player in such a way.Maybe we will be "stuck" with him for the time being, although unlikely, but I would hope that, should he return to Carrow Road, he will at least be given a chance to redeem himself, however unlikely this may seemingly be.Football is a tough, uncompromising business, but a little space for a degree of compassion would never go amiss.

Much has been made of his lack of physicality for the Englishnstyle of football. Well Hoolihan isn''t the most robust of players yet can play so perhaps with positive coaching and tactics so ca RVW.

I''d love to see him redeem himself and become a goal scoring hero for the fans.

What ever are you talking about Broadstairs? Don''t you think that posters like Highland, Jas and Alartz who scored 132, 127 and 96 goals for Norwich City respectively would know enough to pass sweeping judgements on a player who didn''t set the same high standards that they themselves set?I personally would sell RVW and use the money to convince Jenkins to sign for the club as he would definitely be more effective up front than the Wolf.

Well said IBT.The whole RVW fiasco will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in NCFC history but let''s not get carried away, let''s wish the boy the luck he deserves and let''s hope his thoroughly miserable year at Carrow Road will eventually be erased from his memory.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Well said IBT.The whole RVW fiasco will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in NCFC history but let''s not get carried away, let''s wish the boy the luck he deserves and let''s hope his thoroughly miserable year at Carrow Road will eventually be erased from his memory.

[/quote]The other thing that I neglected to mention was that his first season in England was also hampered with injury. I personally would like to give a fully fit RVW a chance. That being said, if Alex Neil doesn''t rate him I would trust his judgement much more than that of the aforementioned posters.

I think AN may give him the pre-season to see if he can fit some of the team needs for the upcoming season. Or, he may agree with this prediction anyway:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1744071-why-ricky-van-wolfswinkel-will-be-a-premier-league-flop-with-norwich

let the manager decide and not armchair warriors

people seem to forget when he joined us a lot of the pundits had him down as a 20 goal a season player

he did show glimmers but was mostly poor but people would blame him for missing chances when the ball never even made it to him or was behind while not blaming the supply

Give him a good pre-season, see how he matches up to the rest of the squad and if he does well he will deserve another chance. He was nothing if not hard working and it is amazing what a goal or two would do for his confidence, so he may still be a useful player to have in the squad - if he can just get his confidence back and hit the ground running. 

Comments by Jiz the Barclay boy ,,, ( who in fact watches from home on the radio ) clearly doesn''t know that RVW has scored 9 times in France this year ,,, I believe 6/7 in the league the others in French cup games .

I think and hope that AN will give home an opportunity to show what he can offer the squad before discarding him ,, unless of course an offer was to be made in the mean time .

I think the post stating his demeanour and lack of confidence playing for Hughton was correct , and would very likely be completely different under the guidance of AN

Much depends on whether Jerome can sustain any sort of form in the premier league. We have seen that Norwich will carry out of favour players (Becchio, Bunn) but RVW will have very good agents whom will find him a way out because they get paid. He is still a huge asset (on paper) and that is what counts.

His agents will have something sorted for him - in a top flight club somewhere. That is great for him and us.

It''s not as complicated as everyone is making it

If alex Neil wants him, he''ll stay

If he doesn''t, he won''t.

If he wants to rot with the youth team that''s his prerogative but I suspect Neil will take a look at him pre-season and we''ll go from there

Fanciful thoughts of a "second coming of wolfswinkel" have to be grounded in the fact he looks a broken player.

My expectations are low

The Wolf will go this summer - didn''t play a single game for us this season, didn''t do well out on loan and has already said he wants to leave. This was mainly due to last season''s injury problems and not getting selected much.

Think it depends what we can agree with St ettiene. If they are being dicks about it then I think he still holds worth to us and we will keep him on and see how he fits in preseason. I think he is way more suited to Redmond on his natural side and Johnson winning the ball up that end of the pitch. He was way too isolated under hughton. Add to that how sweet it would be if he overcame adversity etc. Not getting carried away tho, when has anything similar ever happened before?

There are lots of unrealistic expectations on this site. It''s not your own money. Yes, £10 million is a lot of money but it''s not £25 million for Andy Carroll or silly loan money for Falcao. Go down a level to Soldado at Spurs, Hernandez at Hull or Altidore at Sunderland. All premier league clubs have got them but they''ve also got the money to take calculated, affordable risks. This is what RVW was. It didn''t pay off, write it off and move on. Being in the top league changes the financial imperative and you can''t run the club with a corner shop mentality of thrift and parsimony. To do so ends in gallant relegation a la Burnley. So yeh in an ideal world you want your club to get more right than wrong but it doesn''t always turn out like that. BTW Harry Kane didn''t look like a 30 goal a season nan when he was with us last season. And for those with linger memories I still think that £300k on Drazen Muzinic in 1980 was a worse buy.not sure what that would be worth now but probably around the £10 million mark so perhaps RVW was not the worst ever signing! We can afford to take these risks. Some pay off and some don''t. RVW had a reasonable goal scoring record at a reasonable level before coming to us. If there was such a thing as a certainty they''d all be at it and life would be easier.