Sign in to follow this  
pete

Forest rubbing their hands

Forest not won for 10 games if you haven''t won for a long time who would you want to play next obviously Norwich City. When teams are on a poor run almost always ends when the face City it happens too often for it to be a coincidence.

Sadly you are right. Like the stat "..... havent scored away so far this season" normally a trip to carrow road ends that. We are the team that ends there poor record.

Not this time. Norwich going to demolish them!!! Have faith and think positive.

Adams and the team have a real point to prove after recent results and will surely have the team up for this one.

If not, then he will be a gonna sooner rather than later I imagine.

OTBC.

Not saying I don''t believe you Pete, but could you provide some stats to back your claim up - or are you just being down on the club for the sake of it?

Forest are no more rubbing their hands than we are.

Will be decided on the day by the team that plays the better football and takes their chances.

This is a prime example of what Buh is talking about in the Adams thread, people almost getting off on foretelling doom, just so they can say "I told you so"

On the contrary, I think Forest will not be wanting to play a good team that has just suffered an embarrassing defeat and will be wanting to fix it!

First goal (if there is one - could see this as a 0-0) will be crucial. If we can nick an early goal I think we can get on top and play on their fragile confidence. However, it could work the other way given our poor form if they score first. It''s going to be interesting. Players need to step-up after Tuesday. This is an opportunity that we need to take.

Adams will ring the changes and those coming in will need to perform to keep their place.

should be a good game and I''m confident!

A very interesting post pete. I don''t s''pose you''ve done some similarly detailed research and statistical analysis on Forest''s history in this area, for comparison? After digesting your forecast I''m clinging on to the hope that perhaps other teams always end their barren runs when they play Forest. I admit this is unlikely because incidents of this nature only ever affect Norwich and don''t apply to other teams.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Adams will ring the changes and those coming in will need to perform to keep their place.

should be a good game and I''m confident!

[/quote]Yes Adams will ring the changes tomorrow and Martin will almost certainly start at right back the worrying thing is though will he be making the change because it has finally dawned on him its not working or just because the fans and press are calling for it .

[quote user="morty"]This is a prime example of what Buh is talking about in the Adams thread, people almost getting off on foretelling doom, just so they can say "I told you so"[/quote]Morty, don''t pull those punches!!There have been a crowd of folk on here that do that for a long time, and they don''t almost get off on it - they DO get off on it.It''s why they come on here so quickly after a defeat to bash away on their keyboards in a furious frenzy of pleasure.I told you, I told you we would be rubbish, I told you, yes I really did.A stopped clock is right once a day.Football only has three outcomes, so the probability of them being ''right'' is sadly a little more frequent in that sense. It would be really nice if someone set up a forum for people with such predispositions.They could have threads like, who''s team is going to suck the most this weekend. You can imagine the chorus of "Me me me me, my team is my team is!" and the gloating afterwards of those that were right "I told you, I told you the club I support is the most rubbishest of them all!"Imagine the laughter if their team won though! Hah! Wrong too often and they''d be kicked out for lying and attention seeking. It would be like a mirror image of what 90% of footy fans really feel. You know, the ones that go to games!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="morty"]This is a prime example of what Buh is talking about in the Adams thread, people almost getting off on foretelling doom, just so they can say "I told you so"[/quote]Morty, don''t pull those punches!!There have been a crowd of folk on here that do that for a long time, and they don''t almost get off on it - they DO get off on it.It''s why they come on here so quickly after a defeat to bash away on their keyboards in a furious frenzy of pleasure.I told you, I told you we would be rubbish, I told you, yes I really did.A stopped clock is right once a day.Football only has three outcomes, so the probability of them being ''right'' is sadly a little more frequent in that sense. It would be really nice if someone set up a forum for people with such predispositions.They could have threads like, who''s team is going to suck the most this weekend. You can imagine the chorus of "Me me me me, my team is my team is!" and the gloating afterwards of those that were right "I told you, I told you the club I support is the most rubbishest of them all!"Imagine the laughter if their team won though! Hah! Wrong too often and they''d be kicked out for lying and attention seeking. It would be like a mirror image of what 90% of footy fans really feel. You know, the ones that go to games![/quote][:D]

A defeat tomorrow and you could make a list of who will be on here from 4.50pm onwards but a Norwich victory and there will be no sign of them until after the international break.

Having to rely on match threads etc.you only have to see the names of posters to know City are doing badly. You don''t even have to read their posts. Word of warning, don''t even think of going on Michael Bailey''s official match thread[:S]

Just watched the goals from Tuesday night and I have to say that the defending and cover for the first three goals was alarming.  There was simply no urgency by any of the players to get back.  All apparently ball watching and "hoping" that the defender nearest the ball would do a job.  No midfield cover, wide open gaps with no-one trying to close down.  Alarming.  If we play like that against anyone we''re going to get beaten.   The only consolation is that Forest have Stuart Pearce in charge and that their confidence will be worse than ours.  I hope.   On the evidence of the goals the whole back four should be dropped and a rocket put up the backside of the midfielders...or lack of them.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Or lack of what?[/quote]

[:)]  Against Bolton for the last twenty minutes the midfield did a disappearing act - it appears they didn''t appear at all Midlesbrough, hence the lack of them helping the defence out.

I see this as two evenly matched teams both of whom are desperate for a win. 1-1 would seem a fair expectation, although today NCFC ought to show what they''re capable of and give us a proper blood and thunder performance.

In my opinion, today is the game where NA gets to prove his ability as a First Team Manager...