Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Morten Nonsense Olsen

What is it about those danes ? They think they play the loveliest football in the world, and have so much quality. They are number 4 in their groupe and have no chance of reaching Germany !Helveg was a disaster when he came to England, but Worthy managed to make at least some quality coming from him after half a year or so.

The English Championship has of course no less quality than the Danish "Superliga" as they call it.

But, for all sake, just let him go, and use the salary on another right back. (I am sure we can get Danny Mills back for that amount)

Roberth

NORWEGIAN Canary Supporter.

Morten Olsson is a moron - if he thinks his Captain is a premiership player he should wake up - he was too slow and unable to pass last season - his level is in the English Champaionship which is still a higher level than the crappy Danish top league, Thomas Helveg will be great for us next season and he will also be a good captain. This type of nonsence is nothing more than I would expect from Danes - they should stick to producing bacon.

What''s this guys problem with us? And it''s not like any other Premiership teams are going to come in for him.

And if Helveg stays at Norwich, are we going to have a player on our hands who''s annoyed because he will no longer get picked for the Danish national team? I don''t know if that''s what his international manager is saying (that he will no longer be picked if he stays) but reading between the lines it sounds like it.

:-D

You have to laugh really - what an ignorant fool! Unprofessional, managerially poor (4th in their qualifying group), and mouthy. Makes you wonder if he isn''t trying to deflect attention from his own inadequacies...

Well Denmark do usually play lovely football with there pace and patience and they do have very good quality players, but at time they fail when they need to perform like in major championships losing heavily for example 2002 World Cup lost 3-0 to England and Euro 2004 Lost 3-0 to Czech Republic, but theres no doubting in the quality.

Take a look at Martin Jorgensen now for Froinetina I think he is such a versatile winger with great pace. Same goes for Dennis Rommedhal or Charlton but has failed to get off due to injuries. Then the list goes on of Jon Dahl Tomasson, Thomas Gravesen, Martin Laursen, Niclas Jensen, Christian Poulsen I could go on so dont doubt there quality.

I think why Olsen is snapping at Norwich and has been for a while is due to there form in Qualification games to Germany. They still have a good chance and is in there own hands basically now, usually Denamrk use to be one of the strongest teams in Qualification and this time they are not so strong. Mabye it there group or mabye it Olsen managment, and to be honest It''s Olsen.

So what I a getting at is Olsen is under pressure now for qualification and I guess his job is at stake, So I guess him blaming his players will hopefully save himself, which with the quality Denamark  have I can''t imagine not seeing them at the finals and if they don''t make it, then something will happen to Olsen which he is very cleverly trying to get out ooff ... been sacked

Ever since Helveg signed this fool has criticised Norwich. As you say, the Championship is still better than the Danish league so he''s better off here anyway. You have to say though that if negative comments like his are going to be made throughout next season, maybe he should leave. What image will that project of Norwich if a national coach is saying where not good enough for top players? Pillock.

To be fair, i dont think Helveg will pay that much attention to him.

He must becoming slightly embarrassed at Olsens weekly "you must find another club Helveg" quotes.

Surely Olsen has been saying this to Helveg privately as well, not just publicly? In which case, Helveg can''t be paying him a lot of notice if Olsen feels he has to speak to the press in such terms. I''m taking this as a sign Helveg wants to stay at Norwich!

Its making Olsen look stupid, not NCFC or Helveg.

The first two posts here made me laugh, you guys up there are not keen on the old Danes are you? This Olsen guy seems like a pillock to me, should learn to keep his mouth shut.

Any international manager who comes out in the press to berate the club his captain is playing for runs the very public risk of being underminded by said captain if he opts to ignore his advice and stay at the ''2nd rate club''.

Olsen is playing a dangerous game here. If Helveg stays, Olsen is going to seriously lose face, and possibly the confidence of his players. Everyone will be wondering who''s up next for some club bashing.

What a total t*t. If only Carlsberg made International football managers!!

he should stick his money where his mouth is and buy helveg out himself, then hell be ok. IF not then he can shove his money somewhere else.......

Pity it''s too late to organize a pre season match, Norwich v a Sweden side, or even against THE Sweden team,

Then he could really show us what a "second rate team" we are,

I don''t think he would leave a very satisfied Swedish chappie. 

this guy is a complete idiot! who does he think he is? it reminds me of a certain mr woolnough slagging off our beloved club, remember whta we did to him? maybe we should find out his e mail address and tell him exactly what we think of him as well! its not as if helveg is a world beater after all! let him go back to that crap danish league where he played all those years ago! says it all when he and half the danish squad havent played there for so bloody long!

His comments demonstrate his ignorance of Norwich City and the English Championship.

I''ve just entered his name on one of the anagram sites on the net and it came up with Moron Telsen.

Says it all really.

I may be confusing this joker with another Olsen but is this not the guy who used to manage Wimbledon? If so he''s a fine one to talk about "kick and rush" football! He''s clearly got it in for us as he''s been slagging norwich off ever since Helveg joined. Have to say if they do look like qualifying and Olsen stays in charge you couldn''t blame Helveg for moving on in order to ensure he gets one last crack at the World Cup!

That was Egil Olsen but, like you say, if Helveg has to leave Norwich to fulfill his dream of leading his country out at the World Cup then I wish him well.

[quote]Any international manager who comes out in the press to berate the club his captain is playing for runs the very public risk of being underminded by said captain if he opts to ignore his advice and st...[/quote]

I''m not having this!.

Olson: You sir, are a demented and twisted fool!. A double hex has been sent by me, to you, and your bloody team, so any luck you may have had, has just gone out of the window.

Now, go crawl back under your stone.

Surely a question for Mr Olsen where is the team for whom Thomas Helveg should sign.  Patently he will not make it into the Premiership and is he being serious if he thinks playing in the Danish League is a step up. 

Would it be such a loss anyway?  Surely as well as gaining promotion there should be a focus on building a defence that is stronger than the one that conceded so many goals last season and ultimately led to relegation.  If that is the case then is Helveg the man for the number 2 shirt in anything but the immediate short tem?

Maybe we could get old Steeno to have a word with the Denmark boss, and tell him how great this club is.

This is a good point.

If Helveg stayes only one year, and leaves us when we are back in the top flight, then it its much better use of his salary to spend it on a younger player who needs this year in the Championship to grow and be ready for Premier League next season.

Rob

That''s a good point Rob. Do you think though that if Norwich were promoted at the end of the season, Helveg would sign a new contract though?? I think I doubt that would be the case. If we could sell him and get some money, together with his wages - over £200 000 we''re led to belive - then we could hopefully bring in a right back for the future! The only problem is that we are really short of cover there. Maybe keeping Helveg and using his experience to teach a new younger right back the ropes would be the way forward!?

A good solution, indeed.

But then again it´s the money. To keep Helveg and still afford a good investment in a younger right back.. ?

My mind´s going to Edworthy as a cover for the new guy, but somehow I don´t think that is an option anymore.

Rob

[quote]That''s a good point Rob. Do you think though that if Norwich were promoted at the end of the season, Helveg would sign a new contract though?? I think I doubt that would be the case. If we could sell ...[/quote]

£200k sounds a lot but his wages are ''only'' £4500 per week and we will struggle to get anything loke Thomas'' ability for that amount. 

To put that into context the average champs wage two seasons ago was £3500pw.  I suggest that Thomas is far from an average champs player and we would struggle to sign a similar quality players on less wages.  Beaering in mind we would need 2 right backs and the risk that neither could settle or be up to the job it is far more preferable that Helveg choses to stay than leave.

OTBC  

His comment about Helveg being too good for Norwich made me chuckle. He certainly didn''t look too good for the club last season. Has Olsen actually seen Helveg in a Norwich shirt!? I could understand him wishing that his players were involved in top divisions in various countries but I don''t think there was any justification for his comments about Norwich! I should imagine Helveg is feeling a little embarrassed. How to unsettle a player even further!?

It seems that he likes make a point of slagging off his players or other teams.  See this article from 1 year ago.

http://www.denmark.dk/portal/page?_pageid=374,706699&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I personally think that he should channel his energies into improving the Danish team rather than shooting his mouth off.  Actually I think he''s a complete @r$e, but the moderators will not allow me to say it!

Interesting quote from svensson .
“It was always going to take Mattias time to adjust to life in Premiership,” said Svensson. “Coming from Danish and Swedish football would have been like moving from Division Two in English football.
So olsen you old t**t the Danish league ain''t to great mate.