Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

1,2,3 for player of the season

1.  Bassong2.  Turner3.  Martin

Would have been Ruddy in there if fit, or Whittaker if he had been allowed a good run in the team - but he''s been kept out by Martin.  All from the back four and  goalkeeping.    Anyone else forward of that doesn''t deserve it imo.   The odd occasional good performance from a player doesn''t warrant a place in the final three.   Midfield and front men just haven''t gelled, for whatever reason.    

[quote user="lake district canary"]Midfield and front men just haven''t gelled, for whatever reason.[/quote]I''m guessing it''s because they''ve been asked to be defenders.....

1, Bassong

2. Snodgrass

3. Johnson

1-Bassong

Has controlled the team and the backline, and espically since the injury to Ruddy his experience and leadership has been vital.

2 -Tettey

Whilst most players have good spells and bad spells, that 10 game run this season. I felt Tettey was our best player during this period. Whilst you shouldn''t nominate people for 10 game spells. That 10 game spell has been critical to our survival and has done well for large parts of the remainder.

3 - Snodgrass

Whilst Snoddy frustrates the hell out of me, and as far as I''m concerned holds on to the ball for too long. I will give Snoddy the 3rd place nod.

His freekicks and corners have been vital to alot of our goals and has chipped in with a few himself.

His energy, determination and work rate particularly tracking back has been pushed him into third.

Must be the worst options we''ve had for years for me none of them deserve it. the football been dross and they struggle to put two passes together for most of the season.

With the exception of ruddy who was outsatnding before the injury no one has looked good.

So

1 Ruddy - rightly given an England call up

2 E Bennett on the few occasion he''s been gibven a chance he''s looked okay.

3 Kamara for turning the game against Everton.

Johnson can''t distribute, Snodgrass can''t get a cross past the first defender most of the time and there being topped in the first three!!! - we really have had a poor season haven''t we.

[quote user="morty"]No Holt this season then lol?[/quote]

Perhaps we need a reverse POTS..........Holt would be in with a shout then, particularly considering without his penalty miss we would be safe now.

1. Turner

Considering the start he had and the fact he had to win over the fans, and did. Consistent.

2. Bassong

One of the best signings made by a Norwich City manager for a long while.

3. R Martin

Perhaps has been pushed harder than any other player in the team because of Whittaker breathing down his neck. Has overcome the competition and put in some good performances.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="refjezdavies"]1. Bunn 2. Bassong 3. Snodgrass[/quote]

You''re not actually going to vote Bunn as your No.1 POTS are you?

[/quote]

Yes.

Not many to choose from cos most of the squad hasn''t been given a chance

Snoddy

Snoddy

Snoddy

A season of two halves so;Up until their respective injuries I would have said;1 Bassong2 Ruddy3 WhittakerOver the whole season1 Bassong2 Johnson3 Turner

Anyone who votes for bunn as player of the season is a binner

1. bassong

2. Russ Martin

3. Johnson

Martin has been unfairly criticised on here this season with people suggesting that Whittaker is a better player but he has been magnificent and a model pro and should holt leave will be made club captain. Scored goals and is a leader on the pitch.

[quote user="Paul"]Anyone who votes for bunn as player of the season is a binner 1. bassong 2. Russ Martin 3. Johnson Martin has been unfairly criticised on here this season with people suggesting that Whittaker is a better player but he has been magnificent and a model pro and should holt leave will be made club captain. Scored goals and is a leader on the pitch.[/quote]

Has he been that unfairly criticised?

A model pro he is but his performances have been far from "magnificent".

He hasn''t had any real shockers but he''s rarely any better than average.

One of the main advantages of playing fullback is that you''re often not the last line of defence. If they get past you then there are still centrebacks and ''keepers to negotiate. If a fullback lets a cross come in too easy the finger of blame of blame won''t be pointed at him as quickly as it would be a centreback who lost out on the resulting header, even though he''s just as much to blame.