Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

lets all laugh at Lambert!!...

I think most reasonable people still appreciate what a great job Lambo did, and as I said on this board, I wish I could have welcomed him back as a hero when we played Villa in the Cup.

But Lambo chose to leave and chose to do it in such a way that he left behind bitterness instead of a relationship with the Club and fans. That was an error on his part. As much as I do not wish to be bitter, there is definitely a part of me enjoying Villa''s woes.

I guess there is that feeling that you want Lambert to feel that he made a mistake leaving us.

[quote user="Stig"]Do we need this thread everytime his team loses? Or can we grow up? ... Pfft lololol[/quote]

We need this thread every time his team loses.

[quote user="Sooty57"]Why is everyone banging on about Lambert''s lack of loyalty. When he was our manager he did everything he could to ensure we stayed in the Premiership.... AND HE STILL IS ![/quote]Well said that man!

I''m very pleased for Lambert at this moment in time, including his backroom staff, his current squad, their support, their present ownership and their board......

......and to the realisation, that all that glitters, is not gold.....

As someone has already mentioned, it''s not the fact that he left NCFC, it was to be inevitable.......It''s just the manner in which he departed.

......Oh, and the exaggerated fist pumping and OTT celebrations from his dugout, when the Vile knocked us out of the cup at Carra.....

I would caution laughing at Sir Paul, firstly, out of respect of his unparalleled achievements for our club and, secondly, until after May 4 and our penultimate home game at which time the relative position in or going out of the PL is more firmly established. We still have the distraction of the cup to navigate with the consequent risk of injury to some of our key players. At least for Villa they successfully dealt with that problem last night.

The funny thing Highland Canary. The really funny thing .... is that you are actually being deadly serious.

You and Lincoln would make a cracking pair.

That doesn''t make any sense Private Fraser. We won''t be able to laugh at him when we are relegated,so it is better to do it now,while he is ballsing it up.

I think everyone is misssing the bigger picture here.

It''s quite obvious that at the moment Villa are a complete shower, yet they still managed to beat the Scum.

It''s not Lambert and Villa we should be laughing at.

I love Lambert for everything he did for our club. I will never forget where he found us, the back to back promotions and the fight he instilled in us to keep us in the Prem. And I understood why he would one day leave (albeit I thought that it would be a mistake to walk out on something so special).

Equally, I''ll never forget the manner in which he left. Shunning the opportunity to play a straight bat with the fans, the uncertainty that surrounded the club at a time we should have been celebrating another season of success and it later transpiring that the rumours about Burnley and West Ham had some foundation. I also heard a rumour (from a Leeds player) alleging that Lambert was talking to senior figure at Leeds last Jan when Grayson was sacked. Probably rubbish - I discounted it at the time but have since wondered.....

Regardless, as much as I loved Lambert, the love affair is over and I laughed myself sick last night, as I did on Tuesday night. Couldn''t happen to a nicer bloke! We have a lot to thank Lambert for but he and Villa are welcome to each other and I honestly believe we have a better manager.

I lost all respect for him too, As when a player scores against his former club he justs bows and walk away as mark of respect, Lambert show''s he had non, and he also forgot what we as a club did for him too by giving him the stage to show his skills, And now every bit of bad news I hear about Villa brings me delight, Just hope Lerner lets him take the club down befor he sacks him 

Its easy to laugh at someone.   Its harder to take the more adult view that maybe we don''t know the full reasons behind the way Lambert left and that maybe there were circumstances that would change our view of him as a result. 

I would prefer just to enjoy the demise of any club that means its easier for us to stay up.   But to harp on about, ridicule, laugh at a manager who took us to such great heights - is laughable in itself.     Lambert left under a cloud - but that cloud may have been created out of his control.   We will probably never know the real reasons - and the financial legal shenanigans were just  legal tit-for-tat.

We are a mixed bunch, us football fans - and this board is a mixed up place at times - but Lambert was the best thing that happened to this club - without it we could even still be languishing in Div 1.       Try to remember that before you fall off your chair.........................

I am sure that Lambert will be a success in his managerial career. And I genuinely wish him well for the future .... once he has failed at Villa.

The way their fans chanted his name last season and the manner of his departure still rankles with me.

I will laugh without any guilt or remorse at every opportunity. He had something good happening with us, we were a good fit. Lambert and Villa however, for whatever reasons, is a marriage made in hell.

He was brilliant for us but ruthlessly jumped ship. He wanted to test his skills and see how far he could go. The answer is Norwich was as far as he can go. His days are numbered at Villa and it will be a long long time before he gets another punt at the Premiership

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I agree with you wholeheartedly LDC. None of us know the true story behind him leaving us.[/quote]

Apart from the fact he had been tapped up before we played Villa, common knowledge in B-ham that he was going to Villa -Villa fans chanting on the riverside prior to match Paul Lamberts clarrot and blue army,   

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I agree with you wholeheartedly LDC. None of us know the true story behind him leaving us.[/quote]

Apart from the fact he had been tapped up before we played Villa, common knowledge in B-ham that he was going to Villa -Villa fans chanting on the riverside prior to match Paul Lamberts clarrot and blue army,   

[/quote]

Ever heard of away fans winding up home fans? 

That is possibly part of the story.

I don''t know why so many people have got a hard on about the "way" in which he left us.

Did we not tap him up before he came to us from Colchester.

As has been said many times on here, players and managers are just employees of the club and not fans.

They do what''s best for them and their family, same as we all would.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]I love Lambert for everything he did for our club. I will never forget where he found us, the back to back promotions and the fight he instilled in us to keep us in the Prem. And I understood why he would one day leave (albeit I thought that it would be a mistake to walk out on something so special).

Equally, I''ll never forget the manner in which he left. Shunning the opportunity to play a straight bat with the fans, the uncertainty that surrounded the club at a time we should have been celebrating another season of success and it later transpiring that the rumours about Burnley and West Ham had some foundation. I also heard a rumour (from a Leeds player) alleging that Lambert was talking to senior figure at Leeds last Jan when Grayson was sacked. Probably rubbish - I discounted it at the time but have since wondered.....

Regardless, as much as I loved Lambert, the love affair is over and I laughed myself sick last night, as I did on Tuesday night. Couldn''t happen to a nicer bloke! We have a lot to thank Lambert for but he and Villa are welcome to each other and I honestly believe we have a better manager.[/quote]

This covers most bases for me. I''ve not let out my emotions for another team losing, like I have this week with Villa, for an extremely long time

I think Lambert will stay on and finish the job, as, in his own words from last night, "I am not a quitter........................"

As LDC points out; we don''t know the full story regarding PL''s departure. We have SO much to thank him for - Norwich simply wouldn''t have Premier League status today had he not been our manager for those magical years. Showing gratitude is a valuable quality. Having said that, Villa are in a real mess right now and PL''s appointment there doesn''t look a particularly great fit does it? Mrs Mustard points out he has anxiety etched all over his face these days - and thinks the whole thing is such a shame as he was treated like a God here.

Points-wise I hope there will be 3 teams below us come the end of the season - if Villa are one of them so be it, but I won''t celebrate PL''s misfortune. Karma rules & all that...

[quote user="lake district canary"]Its easy to laugh at someone.   Its harder to take the more adult view that maybe we don''t know the full reasons behind the way Lambert left and that maybe there were circumstances that would change our view of him as a result. 

I would prefer just to enjoy the demise of any club that means its easier for us to stay up.   But to harp on about, ridicule, laugh at a manager who took us to such great heights - is laughable in itself.     Lambert left under a cloud - but that cloud may have been created out of his control.   We will probably never know the real reasons - and the financial legal shenanigans were just  legal tit-for-tat.

We are a mixed bunch, us football fans - and this board is a mixed up place at times - but Lambert was the best thing that happened to this club - without it we could even still be languishing in Div 1.       Try to remember that before you fall off your chair.........................

[/quote]

At the end of the day If Lambert wanted to be at Norwich he still would be. As previously mentioned on this thread his over celebrating of goals and classless waving at our directors box during the League Cup game shows what regard he holds for this club.

I''m torn between wanting to see him sacked or hanging around long enough for us to have the opportunity to get revenge for that in May?.

Be careful. I remember us all laughing at Ipswich and singing ''Down Town'' as we beat them 3 - 0 only to ultimately go down with them.

Lambert will be quietly happy to be out of the FA Cup.

Lets get ourselves safe first, ideally before we play them in May. There is too strong a likelihood for an ironic twist yet.

I have enormous respect for Paul Lambert the Norwich City manager but he lost general respect the night I saw him fist pumping Villa''s League Cup win against us.

I for one will bide my time; Lambert is a wounded animal but if it were within my power I wouldn''t give him an inch. Far better to let events take it''s course and do what little I can to support my own side.

This is a time of year when a win is massive. Back to back wins are decisive. This can work for you or against you, depending how your rivals fare. We need a win, if we get one in the next two league games I expect us to comfortably push on and survive.

The bottom line though is to stop the losing streak and pick up continual points even if they are one at a time.

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Kingston Yellow"]I love Lambert for everything he did for our club. I will never forget where he found us, the back to back promotions and the fight he instilled in us to keep us in the Prem. And I understood why he would one day leave (albeit I thought that it would be a mistake to walk out on something so special). Equally, I''ll never forget the manner in which he left. Shunning the opportunity to play a straight bat with the fans, the uncertainty that surrounded the club at a time we should have been celebrating another season of success and it later transpiring that the rumours about Burnley and West Ham had some foundation. I also heard a rumour (from a Leeds player) alleging that Lambert was talking to senior figure at Leeds last Jan when Grayson was sacked. Probably rubbish - I discounted it at the time but have since wondered..... Regardless, as much as I loved Lambert, the love affair is over and I laughed myself sick last night, as I did on Tuesday night. Couldn''t happen to a nicer bloke! We have a lot to thank Lambert for but he and Villa are welcome to each other and I honestly believe we have a better manager.[/quote] This covers most bases for me. I''ve not let out my emotions for another team losing, like I have this week with Villa, for an extremely long time I think Lambert will stay on and finish the job, as, in his own words from last night, "I am not a quitter........................"[/quote]

Just an observation; what is the dominant word in that sentence? Yep, it begins with ''q'' - which indicates where PL''s personal focus is right now.

(He could have said something like "I intend to stay and put it right...")

its the way with modern european style managers - max of 4 seasons at a club as perceve cant take them much further forward - the same with lambert and us - what more could he achieve?

Together with the changes inhis home/personal life the time may have just been right for him to move on - was it before the liverpool home game things came toa head with the board? We wont know the full story but we got our moneys worth out of lambert and vice versa and I do struggle with our perceived slight.

As to he only got us promoted as he inherited a good squad if anyones thinks we would have won the league without changing manager needs their head examining - without the change in tactics and use of the loan market we may still be playing sheff utd each season.

I never get this thing about Lambert being the greatest City manager ever either, as good as he was.Alright they were different times but Walker and Stringer had City at the very top of the First Division/Premier League.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Be careful. I remember us all laughing at Ipswich and singing ''Down Town'' as we beat them 3 - 0 only to ultimately go down with them.

Lambert will be quietly happy to be out of the FA Cup.

Lets get ourselves safe first, ideally before we play them in May. There is too strong a likelihood for an ironic twist yet.

I have enormous respect for Paul Lambert the Norwich City manager but he lost general respect the night I saw him fist pumping Villa''s League Cup win against us.

I for one will bide my time; Lambert is a wounded animal but if it were within my power I wouldn''t give him an inch. Far better to let events take it''s course and do what little I can to support my own side.

This is a time of year when a win is massive. Back to back wins are decisive. This can work for you or against you, depending how your rivals fare. We need a win, if we get one in the next two league games I expect us to comfortably push on and survive.

The bottom line though is to stop the losing streak and pick up continual points even if they are one at a time.

[/quote]

This!

History shows though LDC is that Lambert has a habit of walking away, when it suits him and not the fans or clubs. Thats fine, we all new what was going to happen the only uncertainty was when. To suppose there was other reasons he left Norwich could be said about all his previous clubs.My conclusion after looking at his MO is that Lambert is a ruthless ambitious man who was confronted with equally honed personalties at various clubs.

H

what makes me laugh the same Villa fans who greeted him as the Messiah want him out 6 months later, they were lucky not to go down last year so it takes time to turn that around, i personally think his attitude has stunk with every club he has left but if i remember we did not care at time of getting him, we thought Colchester were being nobs.

Villa are definately in freefall at the moment yes, we are not in a great run of form but i can see results coming for us to get the 15 points we will need, as for Villa next two games are very important for them imo.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Its easy to laugh at someone.   Its harder to take the more adult view that maybe we don''t know the full reasons behind the way Lambert left and that maybe there were circumstances that would change our view of him as a result. 

[/quote]

I don''t get this ''be careful what you wish for'' attitude. It is all about the now, what if the World ended tomorrow, we are all going to die one day? Are people not going to give Ipswich any stick from now on,''just in case''? It is football, and the emotions that come with me protecting ''my'' team, will lead to banter and a touch of jealousy/karma etc at times. It is not the be all and end all of life, it is harmless. I wish that all my friends in my life had a great day every day of their lives, and had everything they could wish for. I do not wish ill on Aston Villa per se, but Lambert can fall from a great height as far as I am concerned

You are only as good as your last game/actions/whatever you want to insert. You could take this debate to an extreme, to people who ''used'' to be good people but have commited heinous crimes. Where do you draw the line in banter/giggling out loud at someone elses misfortune/wishing ill on people/execution?!