Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Holt's not travelled

Quite a few tweets from players traveling to WBA today, but Holt has tweeted he is chilling at home and going for a meal with Ryan Bennett and George Francomb tonight. Could be a wind up of course, but would imply he''s not playing tomorrow.

Best not to risk him if he isnt right he will be far more use to us after the christmas period as the festive games are very hard and our prospect of points not high. Important to give Morison a start and evaluate if he is worth keeping or not

[quote user="shefcanary"]Quite a few tweets from players traveling to WBA today, but Holt has tweeted he is chilling at home and going for a meal with Ryan Bennett and George Francomb tonight. Could be a wind up of course, but would imply he''s not playing tomorrow.[/quote]

I would be surprised if he didn''t travel with them - if only to keep WBA off balance as to whether he would be playing or not...

[quote user="Beauseant"]Would have been madness to take a chance on him tomorrow with so many games in the next fortnight.[/quote]

Yep

Whatever the merits or demerits of Morison''s performance, the fact that we''re in this situation is due to a failure to strengthen this position, coupled with the fact that we sent Vaughan out on loan. Just be thankful Holt''s lasted as long as he did, hopefully he''ll be back for West Ham, and we''ll have new personnel to draw on for the Newcastle game.

i agree mungo. holt is past it now and this is proven by the fact he aint scoring anymore. bring in some new fresh players and perhaps we might get a better target man. holt is a legend and will forever and always be one but it is time for him to leave and the let the young lads fill in his shooting boots.

[quote user="Frodo"]i agree mungo. holt is past it now and this is proven by the fact he aint scoring anymore. bring in some new fresh players and perhaps we might get a better target man. holt is a legend and will forever and always be one but it is time for him to leave and the let the young lads fill in his shooting boots.[/quote]I think I know who you are...

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Anyone fancy seeing "boy in a man''s" game sent back to Spurs post haste and getting in a decent striker in the window?[/quote]

So at 19 he''s a boy in a mans game and at 21 Korey Smith is too old to make it. Please do explain how you can tell if a player is going to make it? Cos i''ve clearly missed a valuable lesson on judging players.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Quite a few tweets from players traveling to WBA today, but Holt has tweeted he is chilling at home and going for a meal with Ryan Bennett and George Francomb tonight. Could be a wind up of course, but would imply he''s not playing tomorrow.[/quote]Given his size and shape, it''s more likely he''s got a prior engagement delivering presents from the back of a sleigh.

Ruddy, francomb, r.bennett, surman, holt not in squad.

Bunn

Whittaker bassong turner garrido

Snodgrass johnson tettey pilkington

Hoolahan morison

Rudd martin barnett howson e.bennett kane jackson

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]Anyone else fancy seeing Harry Kane start after his performance in the week ?[/quote]

Yes please. Itll be Moro though, providing we put losts of balls in the box tomorrow (in the air) we shall be fine. I still feel confident with either in the team (would prefer Holt as most would). Its a team game after all 

If this is the case then Morison needs to have a big game tomorrow. It seems (IMO) that Hughton is not his biggest fan and if he comes in and gives another Leicester esq performance then i have no doubt that Hughton will try and ship him out come January. Morison has the ability, very occasionally, and if he can put a shift in like he did against Man U(i think) last season then he can show Hughton he wants to stay here.

My opinion is though that Morison doesn''t particularly enjoy his football here, i would be quite happy to see Kane start tomorrow.

Chris wood in january for 1.5m will be good for us to go til end of season. Bring I better option in in the summer. Would rather have chris wood than a carlton cole, cameron jerome on 30k a week.

Hulty tweeted the following, 49 minutes ago..........

Grant holt ‏@Grantholt31

Training done now back to Carlisle see the family. All the best to the boys today. #3points

Couple of things.

1. Morison will do just fine if given the opportunity. Hopefully he can get the support from the crowd to spur him on.

2. Harry Kane has not been given a fair crack by our fans yet, at least wait and see what he can do.

3. I''m betting that Frodo is City1st.

good we are better off without him. on football focus ruddy said that holt likes the sound of his own voice so to me that suggests enternal striffe. we need to crack the whip with him or just chuck him in out in janaury the cocky bastard

"I''m betting that Frodo is City1st."

He hasn''t been as active for the last couple of days, but unless he has turned to the dark side I highly doubt it.

I would haphazard a guess at BW or one of the forum clowns such as bor or chops. Perhaps throw LDC into the mix too.