Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bassong Price

Yeah, I thought he was a good signing, I am not sure he is worth that much. But if he comes in and make a difference then all is good.

[quote user="Marc Libbras haircut"]I''ve read £5.5 million too which sounds a lot. Also read QPR have bid £5.5 for Dawson which is likely to be accepted.[/quote]Ludicrous price if true. Half that would be more realistic

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If that''s true then I think one or two people expecting us to splash the cash on a striker are going to be a little disappointed.[/quote]Why don''t you wait until the window closes before you make assumptions

I''d imagine it''s around the 5 million mark for a player of his calibre. Not that all of it would be paid upfront of course

I think this is the calibre of player we needed to sign, and that''s the price for a premiership player.

Here''s hoping Hughton can get him playing like at Newcastle!

Also hoping a suitably talented striker is soon to sign up...

I would assume that price is wide of the mark and I expect McNally to say so on Twitter soon, if he hasn''t already.

I would think it''s about £3m, thereabouts.

I know that it can be completely unreliable, but in some instances it can be quite close to the mark.. but Football Manager reckons he was on 50k a week at Spurs.. I''d be very interested in seeing how much he''s on here. It certainly can''t be that much!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If that''s true then I think one or two people expecting us to splash the cash on a striker are going to be a little disappointed.[/quote]Even allowing for the fact that Bassong cost 5.5 million we have still only spent a similar amount that we spent last year.  We supposedly have an additional 10 million this year so there is most likely enough to spend a few million more without factoring in the money we could raise by selling Vaughan.Pleased with the signing of Bassong, he''ll give us the pace and power we have been lacking in the centre of defence.  Think a few people on here are underestimating how good he could be for us.

"Think a few people on here are underestimating how good he could be for us."

I was very excited about Turner.. Yea he had a shocker of a debut but i think he''ll be great for us.. But Bassong i''m even more excited about. As said, pace and power, tall, bulky, could be a vital player for us this season and should help sure up the defence a lot.

Sometimes papers quote a price for the whole deal, including wages. so if he has been signed for say 3 million thast would make 2.5 for wages over the 3 years. My guess would be about 2.5 transfer fee and 3 mil for wages.(£20,000 a week which would be a realistic wage for a Norwich player).

I think Turner will come good. My only concern and it''s probably silly is that we''ve signed like 4 new defenders, they have to gel together and also with the old defenders quickly as we all know it''s important for defenders to understand each other.But I would say I think we''re covered in that department now.

Won''t be that much I reckon for a 5th/6th choice CB!

There''ll be money left yet.

Also..I know it''s random, but usually clubs say they''ve spent their biggest transfer fee yet if it''s the case - like a bold statement that they''ve splashed the cash and ''smashed'' their previous record or whatever. I doubt we''ve done that..never know though I guess. Either way, he''s a good age and best years ahead of him hopefully so I''m happy to trust in CH for now.

As for Dawson..£5.5m is a fee only QPR would pay I reckon, especially for a player who has had so many injuries. May as well have brought Ledley King in!

I''m happy with whatever the market price is - you have to pay more for guys in the PL, we all know that, and Bassong will hopefully prove to be a decent buy.

I reckon we are probably a little higher in spending than last summer, but it is difficult to say as figures are always hazy. If we get a striker in, it will take us well over. I hope we still have some spare for filling gaps come January as well.

If Bennett is 3m then surely an international is 5m? Why s t too much!

I would of thought it would be lower then that. I''d imagine they sold him to use that money on Adebayor, who cost £5 million.

I''ve been on a few Spurs forums and they reckon he isn''t too bad. He had a good first season and was playing regularly but his second season was less successful. He was on the bench for most of the season and when he came on he looked abit clumsy. They say with regular games he could become a very good player for us. He''s 26 so he should have his best footballing years with us.

I agree with Shiplee15 Bassong looks like a great signing.

I''d like us to go back to Spurs and get Huddlestone however I don''t think we''d have enough for him and a striker.

Would LOVE to see us sign Huddlestone but yes not sure we could afford both!

But if Hughton continues (and i think he will for a bit at least) with one striker then he may see Holt/Moro/Vaughan/Simo/Martin as enough strikers for now... But that''s a different debate all together!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Marc Libbras haircut"]I''ve read £5.5 million too which sounds a lot. Also read QPR have bid £5.5 for Dawson which is likely to be accepted.[/quote]Ludicrous price if true. Half that would be more realistic[/quote]For Dawson ? [;)]Yes, £5.5m does sound a pretty full price but then we are a Premier League club. Like it or not we will have to get used to paying this sort of money, maybe more, if we''re serious about staying in this League.I''m more intrigued about his wages.......... If he was on £40/50 thousand a week at Spurs he must have taken one hell of a pay cut to come here.

[quote user="shiplee15"]Would LOVE to see us sign Huddlestone but yes not sure we could afford both! [/quote]

Dear God almighty, this place has fallen under the spell of the lunatic fringe alright.  Tom Huddlestone is an injury prone fatty with the pace of Jan Molby, the physique of Jan Molby and the passing ability of Andy Hughes.  The only thing he can do consistently is hit free kicks into the crowd.  Spurs are Bor''s "second team" and I''ve seen enough of his sort already wasting our time (Dos Santos being another one).  Next you''ll be wanting Shane Long from West Bromwich Albion.

If he has taken a hefty paycut, then it shows he wants to play football, and wants to play for us.  I wasn''t overly impressed when I first heard we''d signed Bassong, but the more the day has gone, the more I''ve perked up and I''m feeling it could be a really good bit of business.  I''d expect we have paid a good 3 or 4 mil up front, and then a lump if we stay up. 

I''m sure there''s still cash in the pot for a striker.  Isn''t Gary Hooper doing the rounds on Twitter?

[quote user="kdncfc"]Pleased with the signing of Bassong, he''ll give us the pace and power we have been lacking in the centre of defence.  Think a few people on here are underestimating how good he could be for us.[/quote]Ask a Wolves fan how good he was last season! 8 consecutive defeats with him in the team and 24 goals against in those 8 games

"Dear God almighty, this place has fallen under the spell of the lunatic fringe alright."

Oh my word, i''m SOOOOO sorry for having an opinion which is different to yours! That CLEARLY makes me a lunatic.

Jeez. Bor off would you.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there''s no way in the world we would have paid £5.5m ??!?!?!...............is there?[/quote]

I doubt McNally is that stupid. Spurs need money for Adebeyor so are off loading fringe players for whatever they can get. If and when the fee becomes known I think you will find £5.5 million is way out.