Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Team for Saturday against QPR?

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Bennett Garrido

Fox (If fit, otherwise Johnson)

Bennett Howson Pilkington

Vaughan Holt

Ruddy, R Martin, Turner, R Bennett, Garrido (if match fit*tierney*), E Bennettt, Fox (again if match fit*Johnson), Howson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan(if match fit*Vaughan*), Holt

Park the Bus time.                              RuddyR. Martin    Smith   Ward   R Bennett   Lappin    Tierney          Johnson           Fox             Garrido

Holt

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Park the Bus time.                              RuddyR. Martin    Smith   Ward   R Bennett   Lappin    Tierney         Johnson           Fox             Garrido

Holt

[/quote]edited for accuracy

I would hope CH plays the same starting 11 that so underperformed against Fulham so as to prove it was just a freak result......

If the starting 11 perform against QPR like they did against Fulham......They should be made to clean the apprentice''s and youth team boots for the remainder of the season....

Ruddy

K.Smith   R.Martin  Bennett Tierney

Howson                 Johnson              Snodgrass

Hoolahan

Holt       Vaughan

Part of me agrees with Mello, but the other part screams ''be more attacking'' and have Vaughan with Holt! I guess we could start the same as last Sat, but I''d soon change it if it looks like we''re not creating anything or getting Holty any support

I doubt we''ll see the 5 changes Lambert used to ring on a regular basis. From what I''ve seen so far CH seems the ultra cautious type so maybe 1 or 2 changes but much the same defensive minded line up.I hope I''m wrong but so far this season I remain somewhat uninspired.by what I''ve seen.

I''ll be very surprised to see us play the diamond again.

Speaking to people before game at weekend, it was though to be 4411, so surprised to see Snodgrass on right.

I also thought/wondered whether CH was looking to play different formation home and away, and we will see more attaking/two upfront this weekend.

Definately need some pace in Jackson or Vaughan at weekend.

We all know Holt can''t play up front by himself, he needs to feed off others.

At weekend, I was thinking we need Wes on, his passing is usually very slick, and we missed that.

RuddyE. Bennett R. Bennett Turner GarridoSnodgrass Howson Johnson Pilkington                 Holt Vaughan

Ruddy

Bennett (E)           Bennett (R)              Turner                 Garrido

Fox                      Howson

Snodgrass                  Hoolahan                   Surman

Vaughan

Ruddy
     R. Martin   Bennett   Turner   Garrido
    E.Bennett   Howson   Fox      Pilkington
                      Holt        Morrison 
Whilst this is not the team that I would pick, it is the team I feel is most likely for Hughtons first home league game. Possible changes include Vaughan starting, or Johnson instead of Fox.

I would go with this team.

GK. D.Watson

RB. C.Hughton

CB. C.Calderwood

CB. Fan from Barclay

LB. Fan from Barclay

MF. Fan From Barclay

MF. P.Trollope

MF. Fan from Snakepit

MF. Fan from Snakepit

ST. Fan from Snakepit

ST. Fan from Snakepit

This lot will be 100% better than Saturdays performance.

It''s not the player, but how they play. We need to have a priority of attacking and get out of this pre-season friendly attitude. Play with a bit more zip, close down high up the field and keep a straight back line !Houghton said we were fine for the first 20 mins. I don''t agree the way we played was too slow and ponderous, where as Fulham up''ed the tempo  every time they were in possession.

-----------------------------------Ruddy-------------------------------------

R.Martin----------------R.Bennett----------Turner-----------Garrido

-----------------------------------Howson----------------------------------

---------------------Bennett-------------------Surman---------------------

----------------------------------Hoolahan----------------------------------

------------------------Holt------------------Morison----------------------

I would also be happy with the team that Gareth has put forward. The only alteration I would make to that would be Snodgrass for Pilkington. I thought Pilkington was diabolical against Fulham and he wasnt much better the week before against Borussia Munchengladbach. On that basis I think Snodgrass deserves a go. I also felt he put in a decent shift defensively and gave Russ a hand at times.

-----------------------ruddy-------------------

martin----------bennett----bassong------tierney

-bennett------howson-------johnson---snograss

--------------holt---------jackson--------------

Probably exactly the same team he put out against Fulham in an attempt to prove themselves. I cannot see Hughton playing Wessi and two up front; highlighted by switching from 4-5-1 (6-3-1?!) to 4-4-2 but then back to 4-5-1 to accomodate Hoolahoop coming on.

After the Barclay and Snakepit have shouted a bit, he might bring on Moro and turn it to a 4-4-2

[quote user="Jacko"]

I would also be happy with the team that Gareth has put forward. The only alteration I would make to that would be Snodgrass for Pilkington. I thought Pilkington was diabolical against Fulham and he wasnt much better the week before against Borussia Munchengladbach. On that basis I think Snodgrass deserves a go. I also felt he put in a decent shift defensively and gave Russ a hand at times.

[/quote]

I have to agree about Pilkington and would also add that he was poor against Ajax too. He scored the freekick early on and then did nothing else. That''s carried over into the BM and Fulham games.

I thought Pilks was inconsisent last season though. He''s a flair player and he can do some brilliant things with the ball but sometimes he''s a passenger. If he produced his best stuff more often than he does then we''re looking at someone who would have a real chance of playing for a much bigger club.

I tend to think Elliott Bennett works harder to keep himself in the game, even when he isn''t playing great.

I''d like to see a 3-5-2 with wing backs - hard job for these players though.

GK - Ruddy

CD- Bassong

CD - Turner

CD - R. Bennett

RWB - E.Bennett

LWB - Garrido

DCM - Johnson

CM - Howson

ACM - Snodgrass/Wes

CF- Holt

CF - Vaughan

I would like to see Bassong straight in alongside Turner, who can hopefully put the Fulham game behind him. Garrido in for Tierney. Two up front as it''s clear Holt as the lone frontman still isn''t working. Vaughan makes sense partnering him but rumours persist there''s a move away lined up. Snodgrass switched to the right where he was so successful for Leeds. I imagine Hughton will stick with Howson and Johnson in the middle.

GK - Ruddy

CD- Bassong

CD - Turner

RB - Whittaker Tackling and defensive duties  LWB - Garrido

Putting balls into the box and his stunning left foot

DCM/BWM - Johnson 

CM/ Roaming Midfilder - Howson

ACM/Left Winger/Left Inside Forward - Snodgrass/Pilkington Assisting for goals and poaching, Both got good feet for scoring long range shots and free kicks

RW - Elliott Bennett - For crossing and his pace and also helping Whittaker out at timesCF- Holt

CF - Vaughan

[quote user="jeagle"]I''d like to see a 3-5-2 with wing backs - hard job for these players though.

GK - Ruddy

CD- Bassong

CD - Turner

CD - R. Bennett

RWB - E.Bennett

LWB - Garrido

DCM - Johnson

CM - Howson

ACM - Snodgrass/Wes

CF- Holt

CF - Vaughan[/quote]
If Hughton did this I''d be amazed, pleased, but amazed.
                               Ruddy
    Whittaker  R.Bennett  Bassong  Garrido
    E.Bennett  Howson    Fox     Snodgrass

Holt     Morison
Would be my personal team (the other one was what I thought Hughton would play)