Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Paul Lambert has offered his resignation

Clearly everyone (club and Lambert) is waiting to see what he''s offered and if he wants to take it. Not sure what we do if he decides the offer isn''t good enough...

[quote user="morty"]Doesn''t say the club has accepted it though.....[/quote]Quite right Morty just says "whatever happens".tbh I now think he''ll go but we will refuse to accept the resignation to maximise the compo payment from his next club.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]The club regrets to confirm that Paul Lambert has offered his resignation from his position as Norwich City Manager.[/quote]pete = nob

If he didn''t take Villa, would you still take him back?

Being completely honest with yourself, not emotional.

I''m not having a pop or anything, genuinely interested as he''s clearly shown he wants to leave...

Hasn''t been accepted BUT it''s all over for Norwich City and Paul Lambert. He left Colchester in a similar fashion. We should not be surprised.

Steve Clarke anyone?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]
Clearly everyone (club and Lambert) is waiting to see what he''s offered and if he wants to take it. Not sure what we do if he decides the offer isn''t good enough...
[/quote]

Refusing the resignation is nothing to do with if the offer is good enough - he wouldn''t offer it if it wasn''t. Norwich want to make sure they get the money in compo before he''s allowed to sign a contract at Villa.

[quote user="Gareth"]Lambert can''t come back from this. He''s gone. Thanks for everything, but f**k you for making it end like this.[/quote]

I agree with this.

The resignation was NOT accepted ("whilst PL is talking to another club".)

Added: Words to the effect that the Club was in a sound enough financial position to allow Lambert to improve upon last season''s achievements.

[quote user="Gareth"]Lambert can''t come back from this. He''s gone. Thanks for everything, but f**k you for making it end like this.[/quote]
Spot on.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]If he didn''t take Villa, would you still take him back?   [/quote]

Yup. Wouldn''t have to think twice.

I think it may be time to log off, some of you really are small minded, goldfish brained idiots.

I''m pretty shocked by this news. The young team he''s put together here is only going to get better and better, Surely the project here was still very much in its infancy? I hope he shows some respect to the club that helped make him by not ripping its heart out and taking our players. I extremely dissapointed with how Lamberts gone about doing this. This will not have gone unoticed in the footballing world, his loyalty is apPAULing.

No i would not want him back , if the Villa job went tits up he would just have to set his cap at West Brom or Swansea .

Sooooooooo, what players that are out of contract are going to stay? What pisses me off is the fact that Lambert always knew he wanted to go to Villa yet still made the decision of releasing players, or not etc.

Next it will be Whitbread signing for Villa.

Lambert will not be our manager come the start of next season, anyone thinking otherwise is simply deluded, I''d love to wrong and will be happy to made fun of if I am wrong.

The fact is Lambert wants out to a bigger club and nothing is going to change that, Norwich for the foreseeable future are not going to be much more than a mid league team with our finances, there is much more potential at a club at Aston Villa and that''s just the way it is.

I''m gutted to be honest, a small part of me thought he would stay irrespective of all of the media hype hat has been going on. But it''s happened and it''s time to move on. I trust the board to get a good replacement in, hopefully somebody with a higher calibre than Malky etc.

What''s the betting Holt is high on his list of "wanted" players, assuming of course that he does go.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]

I''m gutted to be honest, a small part of me thought he would stay irrespective of all of the media hype hat has been going on. But it''s happened and it''s time to move on. I trust the board to get a good replacement in, hopefully somebody with a higher calibre than Malky etc.

What''s the betting Holt is high on his list of "wanted" players, assuming of course that he does go.

[/quote]
At least we can get a good price for Holt...

[quote user="G"]Sooooooooo, what players that are out of contract are going to stay? What pisses me off is the fact that Lambert always knew he wanted to go to Villa yet still made the decision of releasing players, or not etc. Next it will be Whitbread signing for Villa.[/quote]

Thats what makes me feel ffffff angry, just hope if he comes knocking for players we tell him to ffffffffffffffffffffoff.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="G"]Sooooooooo, what players that are out of contract are going to stay? What pisses me off is the fact that Lambert always knew he wanted to go to Villa yet still made the decision of releasing players, or not etc. Next it will be Whitbread signing for Villa.[/quote]

Thats what makes me feel ffffff angry, just hope if he comes knocking for players we tell him to ffffffffffffffffffffoff.  

[/quote]he does have some serious form for bringing in players he''s managed elsewhere.

I find it quite funny how Lambert got so visibly angry at Journalists questioning him about his future, stating aggressively how it''s ''absolute nonsense'', then a week later he flat-out resigns for the questioned job!

'' "I don''t know why people get worked up about it," he told BBC Norfolk. ''

The above quote actually annoys me now though, seeing as its all come out to be true...

Either way, he has still been a great manager for us, I wish him all the best but we have to move on and not look back!