Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have one of our thread''s greatest friends with Newyorkcanary in charge and making the final selections. Justin was a great help to me last summer when Billy’s generous sponsorship came to an end. His messages and emails really focused my mind and it’s thanks to Justin’s enthusiasm that we managed to make the necessary changes to keep this thread going. This is a great opportunity to say thank you once again Justin.

Now when I first posted on this message board, and even when I first took part in these threads, I never dreamt it would result in me meeting Canary fans from all over the world. But that’s exactly what has happened and it was fantastic to finally meet Justin at Carrow Road last December. It’s this spirit of togetherness that Ray put together and it’s great to see that the spirit remains. Norwich fans from all over the world uniting and meeting.

Of course Justin is a very successful picker too and his name sits proudly in Ray’s line of fame. He’s on top form at the right time to because nine of his last 10 picks have been winners. But all us PUPs need to be at our best to help Justin get x2 by his name in our hall of fame. Dont forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website. You can also check this on odds checker. There is no other criteria. We just ask for your very best nap wherever that may be.

Justin’s wife Allyson is running the Boston Marathon  in support of the Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative Basic Cancer Research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. If anyone wants to support her this is the link to the giving page. (I think there’s roughly 1.6 dollars to the pound)  : -

http://www.rundfmc.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=484862&supid=344392376

So now Ill hand the thread over to Newyorkcanary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Justin ... the free bet is yours....... so it’s up to you NewYork, Newyork……………..[8][:)]....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1509 for the Academy,so far.

Evening all, no odds yet but lets go to Estonia with Flora to beat Kuressaare.It is still very early days in the season, however in 2011 Flora finished top with a  26/8/2 record and 100 goals scored. Kuressaare finished second bottom with a 7/5/24 record.Flora have won the last ten home meetings between the two, scoring 44 and conceding 2 in the process. Although last seasons 2-1 result suggests the gap in class is narrowing.Best of luck Justin.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Evening all, no odds yet but lets go to Estonia with Flora to beat Kuressaare.

It is still very early days in the season, however in 2011 Flora finished top with a  26/8/2 record and 100 goals scored. Kuressaare finished second bottom with a 7/5/24 record.

Flora have won the last ten home meetings between the two, scoring 44 and conceding 2 in the process. Although last seasons 2-1 result suggests the gap in class is narrowing.

Best of luck Justin.
[/quote]

Curses!!! Had my eye on that one. But a fall-back, albeit not quite as exotic as Estonia. The Danish 1st Divisions, and Randers to win at home against Naestved.

Randers with a 5-1-0 and 11/2 home record.

Naestved with a 0-0-7 and 7/21 away record.

Bonne chance a tous!

PS. Trent, thanks for the PM a few weeks ago. I did reply, in case it hadn''t got through and you thought I was ignoring you!

Ajax have been on triffic form of late,and Heracles haven''t a brilliant away record.

AJAX                           V                 Heracles                 HOME WIN

Good luck Newyork and all PUPS[Y]

To Holland this week

Feyenoord (8-3-2 28-13 home) vs NAC Breda (1-2-10 11-25 away) - Home Win

Best of luck NYC, and all you PUPs.

Getting mine in early this week......

Charlton to beat Leyton Orient.

Best of luck [:)]

Good evening Pups.I would like to nominate PORTO to beat Olhanense in Portugal on Saturday.Porto play at 7pm and will go top if they win - knowing that Braga (1st) play Benfica (3rd) at 9:15 that evening and the pressure may do for Braga.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/portugal_results/tables/default.stmGood luck PUPs.  We''re due a win this week, I can sense it.

My Mear Kat has asked me to get his pick in early this week!!:

Bath City -v- FLEETWOOD TOWN AWAY WIN

Bath currently bottom of BSP, Fleetwood are top

Good Luck Justin and all PUPs

Mr Chops beat me to Porto[;)] so instead of Portugal I''ll head off to France and:

BORDEAUX -v- Dijon HOME WIN (Hope Bordeaux will be the mustard here!!!)

Good Luck New York and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

Good evening Pickers, good evening to you all.  I was having a lovely old mardle with Frankie from next door earlier, he''s the lad I told you about who burnt down his local Wal-Mart while high on crack cocaine.  I''d have nothing to do with that stuff, rest assured - as I teach my local English language class here, winner''s don''t use drug''s.

Right, so to this week and I''ve got a bit of a fancy on for Ross County to beat Raith Rovers on Saturday.  I have many reasons for this:

Ross County are top of the league and Raith are almost bottom.

Ross was my favourite character from Friends.  I do like a good documentary.

Bonne chance a tous and joyeux noel.

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you NYC and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to the land of the wooden shoes and tulips.......HOME WIN please for PSV v VVV Venlo.

A UK game for me this week and League One. Sheffield Wednesday, who are fighting for automatic promotion and top of the current form league with just 1 defeat in their last 8, are at home to Preston who have only won 1 of their last 8.

Sheffield Wednesday       v       Preston       Home Win

Good luck everyone.

Going Dutch this week, Ajax are on a fantastic run at the moment, and are facing Heracles at home, who despite winning their last game, lost the previous four, and have only failed to lose in five out of their thirteen away games, and Ajax winning six of their last seven at home winning by at least two goals in those six games. I''ve also doubled checked its actually taking place this weekend this time :)

Ajax vs Heracles- Home win.

Good luck :)

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the lovely intro. I''ll make my picks around 3pm EST which is 8pm your time I believe. I have also sent via Paypal you an additional 10 quid which you can add to the original 10 quid bet. Keep the selections coming!

Thanks,

Justin (newyorkcanary)

Good luck NYC and all you PUPs.

This week I''m going to go for Swindon V Bristol Rovers - Home WIn

Davo

Keeping with the Away win and therefore slightly better odds but higher risk (so nearly worked last week for our Picker!)

Peterborough Mid table and nothing to play for host Leicester ( who were to good for us in the cup!!) and may be drinking at the last chance salon regarding play-offs in a local derby

Peterborough v Leicester Away win

Currently at 5/4 with ladbrokes so no trouble finding odds either.

Best of luck NYC

I''ll go for Charlton to beat the Os this week. Sorry i havent picked for a few weeks [:$]Good luck Justin and all pups [:D]

Into the Conference for me

Bath are bottom with W4 D4 L12 F22 A33 at home and Fleetwood are top with W16 D2 L2 F47 A20 away.

Bath vs Fleetwood - Away Win

Good luck Newyorkcanary, and all Pups.

Crystal Palace vs Notts Forest

Palace have only lost 2 at home all season, Forest have only won 6 away.

Palace have drawn the most home games all season (10), Notts Forest have drawn the 2nd least away (3).

Home win!

This week I''m going for Southport (4th, 70 points from 40 games) to beat Hayes & Yeading (21st, 34 points from 40 games) in the Conference.Good luck Justin and all PUPs.

I''m having a truly awful season with my picks so NYC, I strongly advise you NOT to go with mine!

Just for the record however, I''m going to have Turkey on Sunday.

Enough about my lunch plans, how about Beşiktaş at home to Samsunspor? Beşiktaş have 10 home wins so far and Samsunspor, 10 away defeats.

Home win for me.

Good luck NYC and all !

Currently no odds for Estonia, so as a backup I best have Dynamo Kiev to beat Chernomorets.Dynamo are 20/4/0 in the league, but still in a tight race for top position, Chernomorets are mid-table with 8/6/10. Kiev have won the last seven fixtures between each other.I will keep checking the odds and flip back to Estonia if they appear.