Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

I''m not moaning at the picks, but it does get on my nerves when we get let down by a mega home banker, when we could take more of a gamble. If a 1/16 loses we might as well go for a 10/11 or something like that!

Can''t say im much help atm I''ve only picked correctly twice in about 6 weeks!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I''m not moaning at the picks, but it does get on my nerves when we get let down by a mega home banker, when we could take more of a gamble. If a 1/16 loses we might as well go for a 10/11 or something like that!

[/quote]

I know it does buddy. But if it was a 10/11 that let us down that may get on someone elses nerves. Or if it was a Scottish game. Or a Championship game. We are all individuals with our own preferences and strengths. And that gives the PUP making the final selections so nany opotions. 25 this week. But once those final selections are made all us individuals become one team. Hope that makes sense young ''nana. Keep doing what you do because your picks help the group[Y]

I am a Banana said

"I''m not moaning at the picks, but it does get on my nerves when we get let down by a mega home banker, when we could take more of a gamble. If a 1/16 loses we might as well go for a 10/11 or something like that!

Can''t say im much help atm I''ve only picked correctly twice in about 6 weeks!"

People are asked to give their best picks. Trent had an outstanding 93% of correct picks this season before this weekend. He gave the best pick he could find. Not some pick based on a certain criteria like you do, draws, 3pm kick offs.

I would suggest you keep your criticism of other PUP''s to yourself from here on in your own record is hardly sparkling.

Davo

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Maybe I was a bit misguided with my earlier post.

Your logic here is totally flawed young Nana.  Why do you think bookies have odds?

You pick 6 teams with long odds and I''ll pick 6 teams with short odds over 40 weeks and I guarantee you I''ll have a higher accuracy rate than you.  No that this is really the point as everyone is free to pick what they want but ultimately we are here to win money for FONCY.  And we''ll do that with mainly teams with shorter odds.  It''s hard enough to pick 6 winners with short odds nevermind long odds.  I am certain that the vast majority of our wins have been under £50 and probably under £40.

Not that I am criticising people who go for long odds, far from it in fact, as a long odd can add value to a line.  To retrospectively say we should have gone for shorter odds is ridiculous.

It''s easy to say things with hindsight and we''d all love that crystal ball.

As Eddie says, we have a great mix of pickers and strategies on here and I''d hate for that to change.

Thanks again Justin. You were robbed this week and I wonder if there’s any truth in Fone’s “fix” about the game in Estonia. Apart from that ridiculous result you got 5/6.

Our stats don’t make very good reading. Justin’s picks comfortably outshone the choices we gave him. 42 of us selected this week with 25 correct selections at a strike rate of 60%. Between us we gave NYC 25 games to consider of which 12 won, a strike rate of just 48%. I think when more than half our selections go down it is really difficult for the PUP in charge to get all six. So, as the stats show, NYC’s 5/6 was a top effort.

Trent lost his place at the top of our PUPs league leaving Mr Bump top by the virtue of selecting just one more win than Norfolkbroadslim. So it still couldn’t be closer although we do have a clear leader for the first time this season.

We are now up to week 30, normally the season lasts 40 weeks but we started late this time. I will keep running for as long as there are fixtures but I think that will be the second week in May which will be week 36.

Here are those with at least 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. The dotted line denotes the Fab40. Those above the dotted line at the end of the season will be making the picks next season.

Mr. Bump

93%

Norfolkbroadslim

93%

Jed Exodus

90%

Kathy

90%

Statto

90%

Til 1010

90%