Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Who thinks Cardiff will be 2nd going into the last game?

I do.

Although Middlebrough have been on a fine run of results recently, I see nothing other than a Cardiff victory on Monday.

Pompey are a strong side, they have no depth but their starting eleven is - on paper - one of the strongest in the division. Why they haven''t played well consistently this season is a question I have no answer for, other than possibly the fact they never field a full set of substitutes!

They did one on us at Carrow Road and I think we will draw at Fratton Park, but nothing more. I sincerely hope I''m wrong.

So I see it that we are hoping for Burnley to turn up and play as well as they can, we grab a closely fought victory and Burnley hold Cardiff, making it an extremely nerve wracking afternoon at Carrow Road!

No, they will be in third place.......FOUR points behind us and we''ll all be getting ready for "one hell of a party" at CR on May 7th[:D][;)][<:o)]

What tends to happen with me is, the more important something is, the more I doubt it could possibly go my way, no matter how much better we might be than then.

However taking a step back, looking at the teams on paper and just thinking of the football we are capable of playing - and it really does point to a confident win for us, lets just hope the players keep cool heads and get the job done. :-)

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]No, they will be in third place.......FOUR points behind us and we''ll all be getting ready for "one hell of a party" at CR on May 7th[:D][;)][<:o)][/quote]

God, I hope so [:)] That''s my birthday too [Y] 

I think we could drop some points on monday. I really hope we don''t. But Lambert is sounding more and more neervous now and i can see this getting to the player Hope im wrong but i can see this going to the last 10 mins of the season!

Personally I think it will kick off with a win seeing us clinch promotion. Remember ''Borough we favorites to go up in the summer and have a decent squad who appear to be finally starting to play and are on a run of good form! I think they will certainly give Cardiff a game and wont be playing under any preasure. As for City, well I was terrified about Ipswich being a banana skin and look who that turned out. Pompey wont be a push over, however there are several things to keep in mind:Our team spirt and momentum after the Ipswich and derby games will be huge and cannot be underestimated, if we were to go a goal down this team would have the self belief to turn it around. But I dont think it will even come to that, I expect us to come flying out of the trapsPortsmouth have a severly understrength team and have been unable to field a full strength team, though this have backfired in the past with Donny It can still be only seen as a good thing with the strength in depth of our own squad!When we lost at home to them by all acounts the result was against the run of play, furthermore we went down to 10 men and didnt have Holt on the pitch at all!Jackson is hitting the best form of his time in a yellow shirt, with his confidence at the moment get the ball to him in the box and more likely than not he will stick it away!and, finally we''ve got Paul Lambert [;)]

I think I''m being overly pessimistic, however I did envisage a tough match for last Monday and I was right, although thankfully we did win.

We are the form team and if I was a neutral, I think I would be looking at a Norwich victory. However, being (albeit sarcastically) bigheaded usually leads to ones downfall, so I shall remain positive yet realistic!

I think although we should only concentrate on our own game, the Cardiff v Boro game is just as big for us.

This season is mad so it will probably go something like......

Cardiff 3 Boro 2, Pompey 0 Norwich 0.

Burnley 2 Cardiff 2, Norwich 1 Coventry 0 (Ruddy 95).

Koopiaaar relegated to the conference and Norwich declared champions in front of their own fans.

Nah.

Ive been doing the BBC predictor for a while, and Ive always had us drawing with Portsmouth and beating Coventry, with Cardiff beating Boro and drawing with Burnley.I have no idea whats going to happen, but I will certainly have one eye on Burnley on saturday, hoping that they still have something to play for on the final weekend.

Get over it. There are many things that could happen. Stop with the endless speculation. Discuss players, managers, old times etc. Not whether you have a hunch that we might lose. Just let the games play out Monday, cheering Norwich on as you go.

like i said the other day

us

d

w

them

w

d

but starting to change my mind lambert aint gonna let us slip up now

starting to think us and cardiff will win our last 2, but qpr aint done and dusted just yet could be a great final day of the season

Pompey had 4 kids on bench, Kanu up front and he''s almost 50.  We will destroy Pompey.  Take 4-1 to City.  Believe.  Coventry at home will be trickier!

I do. We may have had a weakened side and perhaps played badly, but we were well short of beating Pompey at CR. At Fratton Park they will be even more difficult.

I think that a draw is the best we can hope for, even if Pompey have nothing to play for except their pride. They have a few outstanding players who can cause us difficulties.

Cardiff have a lot of fire power, and recently found a new zest and level of concetration. Apart from the the draw at QPR, no mean achievement, they have won all the rest of their last 6 games. Prior to that they had drawn 2 and lost 2 in the previous four games. They seem to have got their act together again.

So, I think that it will come down to the last match.I think that we shall beat Coventry, but only just. I fancy that Cardiff will get a point at Burnley. So it may come down to goal difference and sadly .......

[quote user="Largey"]I do.

Although Middlebrough have been on a fine run of results recently, I see nothing other than a Cardiff victory on Monday.

Pompey are a strong side, they have no depth but their starting eleven is - on paper - one of the strongest in the division. Why they haven''t played well consistently this season is a question I have no answer for, other than possibly the fact they never field a full set of substitutes!

They did one on us at Carrow Road and I think we will draw at Fratton Park, but nothing more. I sincerely hope I''m wrong.

So I see it that we are hoping for Burnley to turn up and play as well as they can, we grab a closely fought victory and Burnley hold Cardiff, making it an extremely nerve wracking afternoon at Carrow Road![/quote]

Well, I''ve been accused of over the top optimism in the past but I suspect you maybe right, Largey, and I don''t think anyone can fairly criticise you for your view. I just think Pompey are a bit of a bogey team for us and I''m worried about this game - especially as so many make it sound like this match will be an easy win for us. Are we a better side? Of course, we''re NCFC and we''re a sh1t hot side to boot - But I''m more nervous about this game than the 1p5hite game to be honest. BUT... the team always seems to answer any worries we have when it comes down to it, and that should not be forgotten. Phenomenal are our troops ;).

OTBC

The way I see it, Pompey have good players but they''re not a good team ... we''ve got a far better team and manager.

Fingers crossed!

[quote user="canary_bird"]The way I see it, Pompey have good players but they''re not a good team ... we''ve got a far better team and manager. Fingers crossed![/quote]

Welcome CB

This is probably the best way to look at things.  Its easy to get worked up and think were doomed IF Cardiff are ahead of us on Tuesday morning.  Remember, they cant be promoted until Saturday 3pm - we could be promoted Monday 10pm

Lambert and the players wont underestimate Portsmouth and funnily enough I think it helps being away from CR and some of the nervy fans.  Cardiff will have their fans on their back if they dont score early - doubly so if Boro score 1st and they dont get a quick reply.  Burnley will be a tough game for them as well and Cardiff arent great travellers

My predictions - for what its worth

Watford 1 QPR 1

Cardiff 2  Boro 1

Portsmouth 1 Norwich 1

Burnley 3 Cardiff 1

Leeds 2 QPR 1

Norwich 3 Coventry 0

QPR       P46 PTS 86  GD +37

Norwich  P46 PTS 84 GD +27

Cardiff     P46 PTS 82 GD +24

portsmouth are bottom of the form table i believe and we are 2nd................for that simple reason im very confident of a norwich win and for it all to remain in our hands come 7th may. plus we have the joint best away record in the league as well!

In the form table (for last 8 games) Middlesborough are current 5th and Portsmouth 20th. Cardiff are 2nd and Norwich 3rd over that period. On form it looks a lot tougher for Cardiff.

I vote Norwich to be 2nd going into the last game!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]portsmouth are bottom of the form table i believe and we are 2nd................for that simple reason im very confident of a norwich win and for it all to remain in our hands come 7th may. plus we have the joint best away record in the league as well![/quote]

Spot on, Portsmouth have only won one of their last 8 games, where as Middlesbrough have only lost once in 8, i certainly know which of those two teams i would wish to be playing at this crucial stage of the season.

Also Portsmouth''s average home attendance is around the 16000 mark so with 3200+ City fans down there for mondays game i think it will be quite a friendly atmosphere rather than the hostilities our boys faced at the Swansea game,.. it all bodes well for us to get a positive result towards our aim of promotion and me winning me bet on us to get promoted ( which i placed back in last May in hope rather than expectation) !!!!!!! OTBC

No but they will beat Boro,we''ll beat Portsmouth but it will be a hard game,nerves will play a big factor in it and would''nt be a shock to see us 1-0 down at some point,having said that i strongly believe PL has given the team such belief in themselves,not sure what the final score will be but Norwich will win.

Hopefully then this the time for us to grab our first victory against one of last years relegated sides!