Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sam Vokes of Wolves and Dani Pacheco of Liverpool join on loan

Exactly CC, Shef U are in a dire situation and they were really impressed by him and wanted to keep him. He is a better player now than he was.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="AJ"]Fantastic news! And with time to gel into the squad with the international break as well. Brilliant works by the background staff again. Our never say die attitude runs through the club, hopefully this will spur us on to success[/quote]

AJ both are away on International duty, SPain U21 and Wales. So not much benefit there apart from them having game time and being match fit hopefully for when they arrive. It would have bene nice if neither were repsenting their countries and they got a proper time to gel, i am sure they will do well though. Hope Pacheo can speak the language well!
[/quote]

Oh FFS! What''s the point of signing players who are away on international duty so they don''t gel with the team in time. What I don''t understand is why we didn''t sign someone like Clive Platt who could be here straight away! No ambitition!!!!

[:@]

[;)]

Just a word of caution. When Pacheco''s name first came up I commented that I''d seen his youtube stuff & was very impressed by his skill, but I was concerned that he hedn''t come up against the sort of Champ. defenders who aren''t too fussy about how they stop you just so long as they do; the tackling on the videos seemed fairly tame & respectful compared to league standards. I''ve seen Wes swung around like a rag doll with absolutely no protection from the ref.Hopefully he''ll take it in his stride. It may take him a while to adjust however.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Just a word of caution. When Pacheco''s name first came up I commented that I''d seen his youtube stuff & was very impressed by his skill, but I was concerned that he hedn''t come up against the sort of Champ. defenders who aren''t too fussy about how they stop you just so long as they do; the tackling on the videos seemed fairly tame & respectful compared to league standards. I''ve seen Wes swung around like a rag doll with absolutely no protection from the ref.
Hopefully he''ll take it in his stride. It may take him a while to adjust however.

[/quote]

He''s played in Liverpool Reserves for a few seasons though, and I''m pretty sure they don''t take prisoners there either.

PL is quoted as saying that he''s been talking to King Kenny at Liverpool for a few weeks,so maybe Pacheco was first on the Loan list and PL actually knows what he''s doing!![:|]

[quote user="priceyrice"]HA he seems like a bit of a two-footed Hoolahan, nice
[/quote]

Spanish = two-footed

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC[/quote]It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.[/quote]

Indeed, and they are better than CMS.  We''ve saved some money there !! 

[/quote]

Pacheo is indeed a better option than CMS given the patient, passing game we play. No chance of getting him on a permanent of course, he''s far too promising.

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST! [/quote]

I don''t agree.  He has proven himself in Div1 no doubt but that is very different to the Championship where he managed only 10 in 43 games last season. That is poor.  

[/quote] 1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?[/quote]

Vokes is 21 whereas CMS is 27 so it''s not comparing like for like. Also, Vokes has played in the Prem has he not ? 

[/quote]He has, a whole 5 sub appearances! I don''t see how age is a factor for these next 8 games. CMS knows where the net is and is in the best form of his life and Vokes so far hasn''t proved he''s a goal scorer.

Delighted but surprised at two loan signings, Pacheco could also possibly play the hoolahan role? Would at least keep everyone on their toes in a vital time of the season to hit form! Certainly covered injury-wise too.

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.

Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.

Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.

Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.

OTBC
[/quote]

It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Pacheo is indeed a better option than CMS given the patient, passing game we play. No chance of getting him on a permanent of course, he''s far too promising.

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST!
[/quote]

I don''t agree.  He has proven himself in Div1 no doubt but that is very different to the Championship where he managed only 10 in 43 games last season. That is poor.  

[/quote]

1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?
[/quote]

Vokes is 21 whereas CMS is 27 so it''s not comparing like for like. Also, Vokes has played in the Prem has he not ? 

[/quote]

He has, a whole 5 sub appearances! I don''t see how age is a factor for these next 8 games. CMS knows where the net is and is in the best form of his life and Vokes so far hasn''t proved he''s a goal scorer.
[/quote]

CMS didn''t know where the net was on Monday, and in fact I don''t remember him getting a shot in, and that''s Div1. He''s just as much a gamble at this level as these other guys but far more expensive. Vokes is also a full Welsh International. Age is a factor because CMS was 26 when playing in the Championship, but with all his experience managed only 10 goals. Vokes is also 6 foot 2 as opposed to CMS who is not the tallest, and that extra height will be very useful. I''m happy to have Vokes.

A random youtube clip (which I can''t run because flash is buggered on my pc) has thie text underneath :

"Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin")."

Nice !

[quote user="blahblahblah"]A random youtube clip (which I can''t run because flash is buggered on my pc) has thie text underneath :

"Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin")."

Nice ![/quote]He''s only got finishing of 9 on footy manager !Grrrr

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC[/quote]It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST! [/quote]

[/quote] 1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?[/quote]

[/quote]He has, a whole 5 sub appearances! I don''t see how age is a factor for these next 8 games. CMS knows where the net is and is in the best form of his life and Vokes so far hasn''t proved he''s a goal scorer. [/quote]

CMS didn''t know where the net was on Monday, and in fact I don''t remember him getting a shot in, and that''s Div1. He''s just as much a gamble at this level as these other guys but far more expensive. Vokes is also a full Welsh International. Age is a factor because CMS was 26 when playing in the Championship, but with all his experience managed only 10 goals. Vokes is also 6 foot 2 as opposed to CMS who is not the tallest, and that extra height will be very useful. I''m happy to have Vokes.

[/quote]He actually had a shot well saved. So your basing your opinion on one game, where his team didn''t play very well. If you had watched one of his games where he scored one of his 27 goals this season, I suppose that would make him the best player in the world. Hardly difficult to be a Welsh International, and he still struggled to get called up, shame CMS isn''t Welsh because he would get handfuls of caps. What experience? It was his first season playing in it, so he was less experienced then Vokes but scored more! Vokes has done nothing to prove he''s better then CMS and I bet Vokes doesn''t score more then 3 goals in his time here!

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.

Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.

Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.

Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.

OTBC
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST!
[/quote]

[/quote]

1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?
[/quote]

[/quote]

He has, a whole 5 sub appearances! I don''t see how age is a factor for these next 8 games. CMS knows where the net is and is in the best form of his life and Vokes so far hasn''t proved he''s a goal scorer.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He actually had a shot well saved. So your basing your opinion on one game, where his team didn''t play very well. If you had watched one of his games where he scored one of his 27 goals this season, I suppose that would make him the best player in the world. Hardly difficult to be a Welsh International, and he still struggled to get called up, shame CMS isn''t Welsh because he would get handfuls of caps. What experience? It was his first season playing in it, so he was less experienced then Vokes but scored more! Vokes has done nothing to prove he''s better then CMS and I bet Vokes doesn''t score more then 3 goals in his time here!
[/quote]

No, I have seen him play already this season as I went to Brentford v Peterborough with a ''boro fan mate of mine and he did not play well then either, so I consider him over-hyped. So how many do you think CMS would score in 8 games here, as I''d be happy if Vokes or CMS got 3 ?.

2 great signings, I think.

But of course all the norfolk dumplings will come on here moaning just because thats what they do

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

OTBC
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He actually had a shot well saved. So your basing your opinion on one game, where his team didn''t play very well. If you had watched one of his games where he scored one of his 27 goals this season, I suppose that would make him the best player in the world. Hardly difficult to be a Welsh International, and he still struggled to get called up, shame CMS isn''t Welsh because he would get handfuls of caps. What experience? It was his first season playing in it, so he was less experienced then Vokes but scored more! Vokes has done nothing to prove he''s better then CMS and I bet Vokes doesn''t score more then 3 goals in his time here!
[/quote]

Why dont you rename yourself as ITFCfan?  Or maybe youre a rebadged Wrathsajoke?

CMS isnt coming to Norwich - at least this season.  Live with it.  Back Lamberts judgement - or back out of here

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]A random youtube clip (which I can''t run because flash is buggered on my pc) has thie text underneath : "Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin")." Nice ![/quote]

He''s only got finishing of 9 on footy manager !
Grrrr
[/quote]

Its a computer game!!!!  Not real life!!!!

I''ll be happy if he scores one goal if its the one that wins us 2nd place or the playoff final

[quote user="city4eva"]

2 great signings, I think.

But of course all the norfolk dumplings will come on here moaning just because thats what they do

[/quote]

You''re right - they moan about Martin, Wilbraham & Jackson, they moan because we haven''t got anyone in and then they moan about all the prospective names that have been mentioned. Now they still moan about what look like 2 excellent additions.

What exactly is it that they want?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]A random youtube clip (which I can''t run because flash is buggered on my pc) has thie text underneath : "Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin")." Nice ![/quote]

He''s only got finishing of 9 on footy manager !
Grrrr
[/quote]

I''ll be happy if he scores one goal if its the one that wins us 2nd place or the playoff final

[/quote]

he was only joking! lol

[quote user="alysha"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]A random youtube clip (which I can''t run because flash is buggered on my pc) has thie text underneath : "Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin")." Nice ![/quote]He''s only got finishing of 9 on footy manager !Grrrr[/quote]

[/quote]

he was only joking! lol

[/quote]opsy !!!Yeah sorry Barcley Hero, check my thread about Putting Striker rumors to the sword about half hour before The Assassin was un-veiled ! Just having a giggleFor the record just got my Blyth Spartans promoted to league 2 :-p

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="alysha"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]A random youtube clip (which I can''t run because flash is buggered on my pc) has thie text underneath : "Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin")." Nice ![/quote]He''s only got finishing of 9 on footy manager !Grrrr[/quote]

[/quote]

he was only joking! lol

[/quote]opsy !!!Yeah sorry Barcley Hero, check my thread about Putting Striker rumors to the sword about half hour before The Assassin was un-veiled ! Just having a giggleFor the record just got my Blyth Spartans promoted to league 2 :-p [/quote]Took my mate 13-15 years to get to the prem with Blyth

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Took my mate 13-15 years to get to the prem with Blyth[/quote]Just back to backthe Blue Square North and BSP, ran away with both.... League 2 will be harder and I will be without Ryan Noble , on loan from Sunderland who got 31 in 36 !!!I reckon I can do it in about 7-10 will let ya know... and update my sig as its still showing my old corrupted save game i lost :(

Really pleased with this news!!

Funny thing is that i was watching LFC TV a few days back at the reserves season highlights (I cancelled sky sports a month back and got desperate for ANY footy action i could find on tv).

Obviously Pacheco was constantly on there and i thought he looks rather good. Cant beleive we may be getting him on loan if the paperwork all goes through! (<- do i sound worried?)

Whoevers pulled the strings on this deal, Lambert, McNally, the board as a whole. Then well done, got a real gem thats appeared no-ones radar.

Must admit, i don''t know too much detail about Vokes but obviously know of him and the promise he showed a few years back. This faded promise could be massaged out with Lamberts magic.

Very pleased - Now lets get these internationals out of the way!!! :)

How do you pronounce that Pistachio chap''s name?

He looks pretty handy on You Tube by the way. Despite living in Liverpool I can just about understand him; even more amazing considering he is being managed by King Kenny and now Lambo.

Can you imagine the dialect between KK and PL to negotiate this transfer? Aha - maybe that''s why we''ve got the player - PL is the only manager who can understand the Liverpool boss!

Any hiccups; at least we''ve got The King of Spain who can translate...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

How do you pronounce that Pistachio chap''s name?

He looks pretty handy on You Tube by the way. Despite living in Liverpool I can just about understand him; even more amazing considering he is being managed by King Kenny and now Lambo.

Can you imagine the dialect between KK and PL to negotiate this transfer? Aha - maybe that''s why we''ve got the player - PL is the only manager who can understand the Liverpool boss!

Any hiccups; at least we''ve got The King of Spain who can translate...

[/quote]

@ Im guessing its Pa''ceco or Pah''tceco given the Spanish silent / emphasis on the h and t ?!? " El Assino " is fine :)That was my take on things

[quote user="Bite The Dog"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]Of course if they get us up then it''s worth it but I meant in regards to the future. [/quote]

You don''t get it do you?

[/quote]

Don''t get what? I understand fully that if these 2 perform then we could go up. I''ve just seen too many loan players come in to our club that don''t give a f**k. If they are here with a view to a perm deal then I would expect them to 1. Perform to a higher standard and 2. To be assets to our club in the future.

Am I speaking Greek? [8-)]
[/quote]

No, double dutch