Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sam Vokes of Wolves and Dani Pacheco of Liverpool join on loan

Good signings imo,those who are moaning as usual,just give them a bloody chance will you,honestly do some of you just live to moan!!! Pacheco is supposed to be a class act,look at some of his you tube videos,he looks like a little diamond,and Vokes on his day can be a real hand full,well done PL and team.

Sam Vokes

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sam Vokes

Personal information

Full name Samuel Michael Vokes

Date of birth 21 October 1989 (age 21)

Place of birth Southampton, England

Height 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Wolverhampton Wanderers

Number 18

Youth career

2005–2006 Bournemouth

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2006–2008 Bournemouth 54 (16)

2008– Wolverhampton Wanderers 41 (6)

2009 → Leeds United (loan) 8 (1)

2010–2011 → Bristol City (loan) 1 (0)

2011 → Sheffield United (loan) 6 (1)

National team‡

2007– Wales U21 14 (4)

2008– Wales 16 (2)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:49, 20 March 2011 (UTC).

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16:56, 15 February 2011 (UTC)

Samuel Michael "Sam" Vokes is an English-born Welsh International footballer who plays as a striker for Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Vokes began his professional career at then-struggling Bournemouth, making his debut in 2006. His form there earned a move to Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers, where he helped them win promotion to the Premier League in his first season.

He has become an established member of the Welsh national team, who he has also represented at under-21 level. Although born in England, Vokes is eligible to represent Wales through a Welsh-born grandfather.[1]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]The Spanish lad is soooo highly rated, look at this video of him playing, absolute quality! [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nmFQwCUCEs[/url]
[/quote]

Quite impressive apart from that last goal ..... LOL

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="ncfcfan"]Pacheco won''t cope with the championship, only 5ft 6. [/quote]Bit like that rubbish player we''ve got in our squad at the moment.What''s his name again... oh yeah, Wes Hoola-something?[/quote]I was being sarcastic mate, wanting to do a traditional pinkun view on the signings.I''m excited about the signing of Pacheco, looks a real handful who can cause havoc for opposition defences.Not too sure about Vokes, hasn''t left much of an impression at Wolves, Leeds, Bristol or Sheffield United. His record for Leeds in League 1 was dreadful.

Wikipedia are qiuck off the mark!

Daniel "Dani" Pacheco Lobato (born 5 January 1991) is a Spanish footballer who currently plays for Championship club Norwich City.

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Mahogany"]#ncfc in double loan move for strikers Sam Vokes of Wolves and Dani Pacheco of Liverpool - subject to clearance[/quote]

SHUT UP!!!! http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6831258,00.html[/quote]

Nice one CC [Y]

[/quote]

Guess ill be eating some humble pie...... yum yum. lol[/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/images.jpg[/IMG]

Personal information

Full name Daniel Pacheco Lobato

Date of birth 5 January 1991 (age 20)

Place of birth Pizarra[1], Spain

Height 1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)[2]

Playing position Striker / Attacking midfielder

Club information

Current club Liverpool

Number 12

Youth career

Peña La Vega

2001–2003 Málaga

2003–2007 Barcelona

2007–2009 Liverpool

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2009– Liverpool 5 (0)

National team‡

2007 Spain U16 5 (0)

2007–2008 Spain U17 5 (3)

2009 Spain U18 3 (1)

2009–2010 Spain U19 12 (5)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 November 2010.

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 July 2010

Daniel "Dani" Pacheco Lobato (born 5 January 1991) is a Spanish footballer who currently plays for Championship club Norwich City.

Contents [hide]

1 Club career

1.1 Early career

1.2 Liverpool Reserves (2008–09)

1.3 Liverpool First Team (2009–present)

2 International career

3 Honours

3.1 Club

3.2 Country

3.3 Individual

4 Career statistics

5 References

6 External links

[edit]Club career

[edit]Early career

He signed from Barcelona in the summer of 2007 and initially played for Liverpool reserves, before his transfer to Liverpool, Pacheco enjoyed a reputation as a rising star in the ranks of Barcelona''s youth academy. Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino (The Assassin).[3][4]

[edit]Liverpool Reserves (2008–09)

Pacheco made his first start for the Liverpool reserves on 5 February 2008, against Bolton Wanderers. He scored the first goal of the game, a low curling shot past Ian Walker. In April 2008, Pacheco made a 50-yard pass to assist Krisztián Németh in scoring the only goal of the game against Blackburn Rovers Reserves, which secured the Premier Reserve League North title for Liverpool. On 7 May 2008, Pacheco, who came on as a substitute in the second half, threaded a through pass to teammate Lucas Leiva to score the third and final goal in Liverpool''s Reserve League final victory over Aston Villa at Anfield.[5]

[edit]Liverpool First Team (2009–present)

He made his first team debut on 9 December 2009, as a second half substitute for Alberto Aquilani in a UEFA Champions League match against Fiorentina.[6][7] His league debut came just over two weeks later on Boxing Day when he replaced Aquilani once more in a 2–0 home win over Wolverhampton Wanderers. On 18 February 2010, Pacheco came on as a substitute in the 75th minute for Aquilani in a UEFA Europa League match vs Unirea Urziceni, six minutes later he provided an assist for David N''Gog when he headed a pass back across goal for N''Gog to score the match-winning goal.[8] Pacheco completed his first 90 minutes for the club in the Europa League Qualifier against Rabotnicki, on 5 August 2010.

On 10 August 2010, Pacheco was handed the number 12 for the 2010–11 season, previously worn by Fabio Aurelio, who was handed number 6 after he resigned for the club.[9] On 23 August, Pacheco played the last few minutes of the 3–0 league defeat to Manchester City at Eastlands. He started in Liverpool''s UEFA Europa League qualifier against Trabzonspor and their opening group game against Steaua Bucaresti, Liverpool winning both ties. On 2 December, Pacheco started and played 89 minutes in Liverpool''s return group game against Steaua, the score ending in a 1–1 draw. A day later, Liverpool Confirmed that both he and Martin Kelly had signed contract extensions until June 2014. On 15 December, Pacheco came on as a second-half substitute in The Reds'' last Europa League group game of the season, a 0–0 draw with FC Utrecht.

[edit]International career

At the 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship, Pacheco scored twice in Spain''s group match against Portugal. He then went on to score another goal against quarter final opponents Italy as Spain qualified for the semi-finals. He went on to score early in the semi-final against England, a game in which Spain won 3–1. They then lost the final against France 2–1, with Pacheco making an assist.[10] He won the Golden Boot at the Championships after scoring 4 goals.[11]

[edit]Honours

[edit]Club

Liverpool Reserves

Dallas Tournament: Winner 2008

Premier Reserve League Northern: Winner 2007–08

Premier Reserve League National Champions 2007–08

[edit]Country

Spain

2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship Runner-up 2010

[edit]Individual

UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship Golden Boot: 2010[11]

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Personal information

Full name Daniel Pacheco Lobato

Date of birth 5 January 1991 (age 20)

Place of birth Pizarra[1], Spain

Height 1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)[2]

Playing position Striker / Attacking midfielder

Club information

Current club Liverpool

Number 12

Youth career

Peña La Vega

2001–2003 Málaga

2003–2007 Barcelona

2007–2009 Liverpool

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2009– Liverpool 5 (0)

National team‡

2007 Spain U16 5 (0)

2007–2008 Spain U17 5 (3)

2009 Spain U18 3 (1)

2009–2010 Spain U19 12 (5)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 November 2010.

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 July 2010

Contents [hide]

1 Club career

1.1 Early career

1.2 Liverpool Reserves (2008–09)

1.3 Liverpool First Team (2009–present)

2 International career

3 Honours

3.1 Club

3.2 Country

3.3 Individual

4 Career statistics

5 References

6 External links

[edit]Club career

[edit]Early career

He signed from Barcelona in the summer of 2007 and initially played for Liverpool reserves, before his transfer to Liverpool, Pacheco enjoyed a reputation as a rising star in the ranks of Barcelona''s youth academy. Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino (The Assassin).[3][4]

[edit]Liverpool Reserves (2008–09)

Pacheco made his first start for the Liverpool reserves on 5 February 2008, against Bolton Wanderers. He scored the first goal of the game, a low curling shot past Ian Walker. In April 2008, Pacheco made a 50-yard pass to assist Krisztián Németh in scoring the only goal of the game against Blackburn Rovers Reserves, which secured the Premier Reserve League North title for Liverpool. On 7 May 2008, Pacheco, who came on as a substitute in the second half, threaded a through pass to teammate Lucas Leiva to score the third and final goal in Liverpool''s Reserve League final victory over Aston Villa at Anfield.[5]

[edit]Liverpool First Team (2009–present)

He made his first team debut on 9 December 2009, as a second half substitute for Alberto Aquilani in a UEFA Champions League match against Fiorentina.[6][7] His league debut came just over two weeks later on Boxing Day when he replaced Aquilani once more in a 2–0 home win over Wolverhampton Wanderers. On 18 February 2010, Pacheco came on as a substitute in the 75th minute for Aquilani in a UEFA Europa League match vs Unirea Urziceni, six minutes later he provided an assist for David N''Gog when he headed a pass back across goal for N''Gog to score the match-winning goal.[8] Pacheco completed his first 90 minutes for the club in the Europa League Qualifier against Rabotnicki, on 5 August 2010.

On 10 August 2010, Pacheco was handed the number 12 for the 2010–11 season, previously worn by Fabio Aurelio, who was handed number 6 after he resigned for the club.[9] On 23 August, Pacheco played the last few minutes of the 3–0 league defeat to Manchester City at Eastlands. He started in Liverpool''s UEFA Europa League qualifier against Trabzonspor and their opening group game against Steaua Bucaresti, Liverpool winning both ties. On 2 December, Pacheco started and played 89 minutes in Liverpool''s return group game against Steaua, the score ending in a 1–1 draw. A day later, Liverpool Confirmed that both he and Martin Kelly had signed contract extensions until June 2014. On 15 December, Pacheco came on as a second-half substitute in The Reds'' last Europa League group game of the season, a 0–0 draw with FC Utrecht.

[edit]International career

At the 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship, Pacheco scored twice in Spain''s group match against Portugal. He then went on to score another goal against quarter final opponents Italy as Spain qualified for the semi-finals. He went on to score early in the semi-final against England, a game in which Spain won 3–1. They then lost the final against France 2–1, with Pacheco making an assist.[10] He won the Golden Boot at the Championships after scoring 4 goals.[11]

[edit]Honours

[edit]Club

Liverpool Reserves

Dallas Tournament: Winner 2008

Premier Reserve League Northern: Winner 2007–08

Premier Reserve League National Champions 2007–08

[edit]Country

Spain

2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship Runner-up 2010

[edit]Individual

UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship Golden Boot: 2010[11][/quote]

and vokes?????

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="ncfcfan"]Pacheco won''t cope with the championship, only 5ft 6. [/quote]Bit like that rubbish player we''ve got in our squad at the moment.What''s his name again... oh yeah, Wes Hoola-something?[/quote]I was being sarcastic mate, wanting to do a traditional pinkun view on the signings.I''m excited about the signing of Pacheco, looks a real handful who can cause havoc for opposition defences.Not too sure about Vokes, hasn''t left much of an impression at Wolves, Leeds, Bristol or Sheffield United. His record for Leeds in League 1 was dreadful.[/quote]

to be fair, he''s only 21. i was quite suprised as i thought he was older! could turn out to be priceless in the run in :)

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="ncfcfan"]Pacheco won''t cope with the championship, only 5ft 6. [/quote]Bit like that rubbish player we''ve got in our squad at the moment.What''s his name again... oh yeah, Wes Hoola-something?[/quote]I was being sarcastic mate, wanting to do a traditional pinkun view on the signings.I''m excited about the signing of Pacheco, looks a real handful who can cause havoc for opposition defences.Not too sure about Vokes, hasn''t left much of an impression at Wolves, Leeds, Bristol or Sheffield United. His record for Leeds in League 1 was dreadful.[/quote]You need to go on the Sheffield United boards to see what they thing about Vokes, he has been a right handful in the games he''s played for them and they''re gutted he hasn''t gone back. Very good signings imo.

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="ncfcfan"]Pacheco won''t cope with the championship, only 5ft 6. [/quote]Bit like that rubbish player we''ve got in our squad at the moment.What''s his name again... oh yeah, Wes Hoola-something?[/quote]I was being sarcastic mate, wanting to do a traditional pinkun view on the signings.I''m excited about the signing of Pacheco, looks a real handful who can cause havoc for opposition defences.Not too sure about Vokes, hasn''t left much of an impression at Wolves, Leeds, Bristol or Sheffield United. His record for Leeds in League 1 was dreadful.[/quote]Sorry, thought it said Ncfc and not ncfcfan. Pacheco could potentially be an inspiring signing for us, only concern I have is that he has to hit the ground running which may be difficult if he has played no first team football for a while.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]The Spanish lad is soooo highly rated, look at this video of him playing, absolute quality! [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nmFQwCUCEs[/url][/quote]Oh god, please don''t tell me he does the ''Fozzy flick''.Youtube sensation = generally doomed from the start.

2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC[/quote]It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC[/quote]If they help to get us 2nd, then I can see the worth in it......... [:|]

[quote user="alysha"]Didn''t Vokes only say this morning that he wanted a return to Sheffield United?[/quote]The story was broken this morning I think, although he might have actually said it when the original loan expired, and our interest only came to light after he said that. Doubt he''d be saying he wanted to go back to SU if he knew that we were interested in him and he was interested in us, that would be taking the p*ss out of the SU fans a bit.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.

Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.

Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.

Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.

OTBC
[/quote]

It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.
[/quote]

Indeed, and they are better than CMS.  We''ve saved some money there !! 

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="alysha"]Didn''t Vokes only say this morning that he wanted a return to Sheffield United?[/quote]
The story was broken this morning I think, although he might have actually said it when the original loan expired, and our interest only came to light after he said that. Doubt he''d be saying he wanted to go back to SU if he knew that we were interested in him and he was interested in us, that would be taking the p*ss out of the SU fans a bit.
[/quote]

yeah thought that must of been the case. Sheffield United fans seem to really rate him, same with Liverpool and Pacheco.

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="alysha"]Didn''t Vokes only say this morning that he wanted a return to Sheffield United?[/quote]The story was broken this morning I think, although he might have actually said it when the original loan expired, and our interest only came to light after he said that. Doubt he''d be saying he wanted to go back to SU if he knew that we were interested in him and he was interested in us, that would be taking the p*ss out of the SU fans a bit.[/quote]

yeah thought that must of been the case. Sheffield United fans seem to really rate him, same with Liverpool and Pacheco.

[/quote]Vokes definitely - although Pacheco hasn''t been loaned out before, and has hardly played for Liverpool''s first team - might be a bit much to expect him to hit the ground running. He''ll be desperate to impress I''m sure, but that pressure works in different ways for different players. Would imagine that Vokes will start with Holty, and Pacheco and Jackson will be on the bench.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.

Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.

Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.

Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.

OTBC
[/quote]

It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.
[/quote]

Indeed, and they are better than CMS.  We''ve saved some money there !! 

[/quote]

Pacheo is indeed a better option than CMS given the patient, passing game we play. No chance of getting him on a permanent of course, he''s far too promising.