Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Mackail-Smith - what price?

I hate to say it pal, but i think you''re going to get slaughtered for starting another CMS thread! But to answer your question. Is he worth £2.5mil? He looks it. Is he worth £5mill? No Barry, he isn''t.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jesus wept, give me strength!!![/quote]

Bless him he couldn''t find any of the other CMS threads to add his post to [:D]

I''ve heard of hyper-inflation but this really is taking the ****.Peterborough Evening Telegraph, Thur 17th March, quoting Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony regarding CMS fee....Norwich came in strong for Craig last Friday offering £1.5 million straight up and another £1 million " If £2 million was offered straight up today with £1 million guaranteed add-ons then Craig would be allowed to go".Peterborough Evening Telegraph, Sat 19th March, quoting Barry Fry....." Norwich had their one-off opportunity to sign Craig and it didn''t happen....... They could offer me £5 million today and I''d reject it. Me, the chairman and the manager have agreed that there will be disruption to our squad as we try and get back in the Championship. No word of a lie I have had 22 clubs interested in him. I have deals lined up for him for the summer that he will love ".Sounds like they''re desperate to do business.Expect to see CMS in a Norwich shirt by close of business on Thursday methinks.......

The amount of bloody threads on this subject is getting ridiculous now - you''re opinion''s not that special, lump it in with everyone else''s

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Do you think CMS is way over-priced for a League One striker? At 27 years old, 3m is a lot of money, especially as we are close to Premirship footy...could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. I''d go for someone like Billy Sharp £1.1m paid by Doncaster who has consistently scored at this level (14 this year for a crummy team), Nugent at Portsmouth or Will Hoskins at Bristol Rovers...anyone who has scored 16 goals at a team in relegation has got to be good. Surely the above would be better value for money. Thoughts?[/quote]

Obviously the planet you live on has not had internet connection,newspapers,TV or radio this week and your mobile phone is not working.[:@]

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Have we been linked to Craig Mackail-Smith?

[/quote]

Whose Craig Mackail-Smith?

For £5m we could probably buy the club, ground players and pay Mr Fry''s pie allowance

though on second thoughts, the last one might mean an extra half million add on fee

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Why is it,as many say, that it is more fanciful for QPR to be interested in Holt than it is for us to be interested in CMS? The logic of that beats me. Of course Holt won''t be going and it is doubtful if CMS will be coming'' but that doesn''t nullify my question. OTBC[/quote]

"as many say" is news to me so please enlighten me as to who you are talking about Bly.Good to see you starting yet another thread involving CMS.[:''(]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
Yes, it''s taking the ****.

Bit like all those other multiple threads on here about all those other players that don''t play at Carrow Road.
[/quote]

Now school kids starting multiple threads I can understand but you ''''Smith must score'''' should know better.[:D]

Still guess it will keep poor Pete busy on Sunday morning [:$]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Do you think CMS is way over-priced for a League One striker? At 27 years old, 3m is a lot of money, especially as we are close to Premirship footy...could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. I''d go for someone like Billy Sharp £1.1m paid by Doncaster who has consistently scored at this level (14 this year for a crummy team), Nugent at Portsmouth or Will Hoskins at Bristol Rovers...anyone who has scored 16 goals at a team in relegation has got to be good. Surely the above would be better value for money. Thoughts?[/quote]

Obviously the planet you live on has not had internet connection,newspapers,TV or radio this week and your mobile phone is not working.[:@]

[/quote]

Bit sarcastic Mr Tilly [:)]

I suppose it makes a change from the endless threads about the game he just watched at Carrow Road

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Fry has said we have missed out and they would not sell him to us now for £5 million.[/quote]

Really? Bit harsh to say they wouldn''t sell for £5m when he said he''d accept £3m and would stick to his word

[/quote]

Are you really surprised? Fry is an absolute tw at. I will agree that he''s funny (in a Chuckle Bros sort of way) though [:)]   

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I have on very good authority that we have offered Posh an extra £500,000 if we get promotion for CMS. Posh are close to signing a Man U youngster. Know someone that works for Posh, cant say anymore but should be wrapped up by Monday.[/quote]

Are you Dion Dublin in disguise[8]..................

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I have on very good authority that we have offered Posh an extra £500,000 if we get promotion for CMS. Posh are close to signing a Man U youngster. Know someone that works for Posh, cant say anymore but should be wrapped up by Monday.[/quote]

[/quote]

Whats the betting Dion is dropped for the LCO tomorrow night, hope not though it will be interesting to hear what he has to say on the matter, as I do believe he was fed that info by Posh, in perticular Barry Fry. 

I remember Bazzer Fry from his Barnet and its Chairman ''Ticket Tout'' Stan Flashman days......

I''m not keen on the Posh Chairman either......

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

Whats the betting Dion is dropped for the LCO tomorrow night, hope not though it will be interesting to hear what he has to say on the matter, as I do believe he was fed that info by Posh, in perticular Barry Fry. 

[/quote]

Seems far more likely to me that is was NCFC who fed the information to Dion.  We don''t play nicely any more!

Really sick of all this Peterborough/CMS/Dion/Norwich stuff now. We''ve been told what happened. We don''t know what''s going to happen over the next week. Nobody on here really knows anything, despite what they might say.

Talk of Ricky Lambert, Victor Moses etc etc is most likely bo llocks.

Ffs go outside, it''s a decent day. I might take my own advice on that one.

"I heard Ricky Lambert is coming in on loan"

Yes please! I''m sure someone will definitely be in by Thursday.

NCFC will take the punt. When will an opportunity like this arise again?

Don''t fancy promotion next year with a mixture of Wigan/WestHam/WestBrom/Birmingham& Wolves coming down.

Now''s the season to do it!!!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Only your thread wasnt intended on been a p-i-ss take was it?[/quote]Maybe. Let''s just say if we get him then '' No '' if we don''t then '' Yes ''.Sounds a reasonable smoke-and-mirrors answer down at this end........

Thanks for info Matt,

With those sides coming down and the sides which would stay down if we went up.

Could be quite a few good players available in the summer... Bellamy available for a return? Cardiff surely couldn''t afford him.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I for one will be very pissed off if he''s dropped, all the content of the programme is screened by Kevin Piper so if anyone is to blame it''s him.