Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Mackail-Smith - what price?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I have on very good authority that we have offered Posh an extra £500,000 if we get promotion for CMS. Posh are close to signing a Man U youngster. Know someone that works for Posh, cant say anymore but should be wrapped up by Monday.[/quote]

Are you Dion Dublin in disguise[8]..................

[/quote]

Whats the betting Dion is dropped for the LCO tomorrow night, hope not though it will be interesting to hear what he has to say on the matter, as I do believe he was fed that info by Posh, in perticular Barry Fry. 

[/quote]

Well I for one will be very pissed off if he''s dropped, all the content of the programme is screened by Kevin Piper so if anyone is to blame it''s him.

[/quote]Yeah, I think he''ll be on there and will probably make some kind of jokey apology just to get the club onside again.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="CDMullins"]Only your thread wasnt intended on been a p-i-ss take was it?[/quote]Maybe. Let''s just say if we get him then '' No '' if we don''t then '' Yes ''.Sounds a reasonable smoke-and-mirrors answer down at this end........[/quote]I look forward to Wiz dropping by soon to start the manadatory "CMS is definitely NOT signing!!!!" thread.

I don''t really see what apology DD has to make -though perhaps he should be a little more careful in future; it seems someone used him a bit and my money is on Fry.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. [/quote]He cut it in the Championship last season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jesus wept, give me strength!!![/quote]*snigger snigger*I for one am starting to hope CMS never wears a Norwich shirt based on the amount of posts about him over the last 3-4 days.Really guys, no more CMS posts, even the spoofs are getting *yawn*

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Do you think CMS is way over-priced for a League One striker? At 27 years old, 3m is a lot of money, especially as we are close to Premirship footy...could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. I''d go for someone like Billy Sharp £1.1m paid by Doncaster who has consistently scored at this level (14 this year for a crummy team), Nugent at Portsmouth or Will Hoskins at Bristol Rovers...anyone who has scored 16 goals at a team in relegation has got to be good. Surely the above would be better value for money. Thoughts?[/quote]

Obviously the planet you live on has not had internet connection,newspapers,TV or radio this week and your mobile phone is not working.[:@]

[/quote]Hi Tilly, are we still going to sign Mackail-Smith by Thursday in your humble opinion then???

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Canary Boy"]could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. [/quote]He cut it in the Championship last season.[/quote]That''s rather debatable.

Is CMS worth 3million? Yes he is.  IF we don''t go up I would be absolutely fine with spending 3m on Mackail-Smith, IF we do go up I wouldn''t because we could probably get Billy Sharp or David Nugent for less (2m?) who I think are more capable of playing in the Premier League.

[quote user="Boyo"]Is CMS worth 3million? Yes he is.  IF we don''t go up I would be absolutely fine with spending 3m on Mackail-Smith, IF we do go up I wouldn''t because we could probably get Billy Sharp or David Nugent for less (2m?) who I think are more capable of playing in the Premier League.[/quote]How can you possibly claim that Mackail-Smith is worth £3 million when you have just named two players who you consider are better players who you believe that we could purchase for less money??? [:^)]

Rumours from The posh fans are that CMS is knocking off Fry''s daughter so he would actual see the benefit of moving him on. Although I believe they are both single so can''t understand the problem here to be honest.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Rumours from The posh fans are that CMS is knocking off Fry''s daughter so he would actual see the benefit of moving him on. Although I believe they are both single so can''t understand the problem here to be honest.[/quote]Depends how old Fry''s daughter is....  [:#]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Rumours from The posh fans are that CMS is knocking off Fry''s daughter so he would actual see the benefit of moving him on. Although I believe they are both single so can''t understand the problem here to be honest.[/quote]

Depends how old Fry''s daughter is....  [:#]
[/quote]

51?

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Canary Boy"]could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. [/quote]He cut it in the Championship last season.[/quote]That''s rather debatable.[/quote]He scored 10 League goals in a very poor Peterborough team that were relegated, that''s more than our strikers (except Holty) have scored this season. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Rumours from The posh fans are that CMS is knocking off Fry''s daughter so he would actual see the benefit of moving him on. Although I believe they are both single so can''t understand the problem here to be honest.[/quote]Depends how old Fry''s daughter is....  [:#][/quote]

51?

[/quote]As Kathy would tell you, there''s many a good tune played on an old fiddle.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Canary Boy"]could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. [/quote]

He cut it in the Championship last season.
[/quote]

That''s rather debatable.
[/quote]

He scored 10 League goals in a very poor Peterborough team that were relegated, that''s more than our strikers (except Holty) have scored this season.  [/quote]

... but none of our current strikers have cost a million let alone 3 million so that''s not a fair comparison is it. 1 goal in every 4 games is poor for a 3m striker and we do have a striker in reserve who would better that next season IMO.[;)]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Rumours from The posh fans are that CMS is knocking off Fry''s daughter so he would actual see the benefit of moving him on. Although I believe they are both single so can''t understand the problem here to be honest.[/quote]Somewhere on here someone posted an article showing CSM with Fry''s daughter Amber together as an item so it''s a bit more than a rumour I think.Much as I think Barry Fry must be a right laugh away from football who would want to work at the same place as their prospective father-in-law ? On that basis alone I suspect CMS is keen to find another club pretty pronto.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Rumours from The posh fans are that CMS is knocking off Fry''s daughter so he would actual see the benefit of moving him on. Although I believe they are both single so can''t understand the problem here to be honest.[/quote]

Depends how old Fry''s daughter is....  [:#]
[/quote]

51?

[/quote]

As Kathy would tell you, there''s many a good tune played on an old fiddle.
[/quote]

I think it best that i say no more than that Kathy wishes she was 51 again[:P]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Boyo"]Is CMS worth 3million? Yes he is.  IF we don''t go up I would be absolutely fine with spending 3m on Mackail-Smith, IF we do go up I wouldn''t because we could probably get Billy Sharp or David Nugent for less (2m?) who I think are more capable of playing in the Premier League.[/quote]

How can you possibly claim that Mackail-Smith is worth £3 million when you have just named two players who you consider are better players who you believe that we could purchase for less money??? [:^)]
[/quote]

Well at the moment I reckon CMS is worth 3m to Peterbrough because he could be the difference between them going up and staying down.  This might change in the summer depending on whether they are in the Championship or League 1, I don''t know, but right now I reckon he is worth 3m to Peterbrough.

I believe Doncaster brought Sharp for around 1.5m (correct me if I am wrong) and Doncaster are neither going up or going down so we could probably get him for around 2m.  And Portsmouth would probably find it very hard to turn down 2m for David Nugent because we all know their situation.

So thats how, do I make sense!?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I have on very good authority that we have offered Posh an extra £500,000 if we get promotion for CMS. Posh are close to signing a Man U youngster. Know someone that works for Posh, cant say anymore but should be wrapped up by Monday.[/quote]

Are you Dion Dublin in disguise[8]..................

[/quote]

Whats the betting Dion is dropped for the LCO tomorrow night, hope not though it will be interesting to hear what he has to say on the matter, as I do believe he was fed that info by Posh, in perticular Barry Fry. 

[/quote]

Well I for one will be very pissed off if he''s dropped, all the content of the programme is screened by Kevin Piper so if anyone is to blame it''s him.

[/quote]

Well I for one will be very pissed off if that nice Mr Piper gets in trouble. He''s not just an ex player, he''s been a Norwich fan for years.

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Boyo"]Is CMS worth 3million? Yes he is.  IF we don''t go up I would be absolutely fine with spending 3m on Mackail-Smith, IF we do go up I wouldn''t because we could probably get Billy Sharp or David Nugent for less (2m?) who I think are more capable of playing in the Premier League.[/quote]How can you possibly claim that Mackail-Smith is worth £3 million when you have just named two players who you consider are better players who you believe that we could purchase for less money??? [:^)] [/quote]

Well at the moment I reckon CMS is worth 3m to Peterbrough because he could be the difference between them going up and staying down.  This might change in the summer depending on whether they are in the Championship or League 1, I don''t know, but right now I reckon he is worth 3m to Peterbrough.

I believe Doncaster brought Sharp for around 1.5m (correct me if I am wrong) and Doncaster are neither going up or going down so we could probably get him for around 2m.  And Portsmouth would probably find it very hard to turn down 2m for David Nugent because we all know their situation.

So thats how, do I make sense!?

[/quote]Yes I understand where you are coming from, but I couldn''t really give two hoots what Mackail-Smith is worth to Peterborough.  It''s how much he is worth to Norwich City that concerns me.Unloess he is signed and plays a major part in securing promotion for us then I would say that he is not worth the money.  Therefore, I would prefer to keep that money for the summer.  If we can win promotion without Mackail-Smith then we will not have paid over the odds for a player and will likely have £3 million to £5 million to spend on a far better option to spearhead our attack in the Premiership.Hearing some kind of news on what is happening with Chris Martin at the moment would help us to understand the kind of decsion that Lambert is having to make on this.  Whether Martin has a part to play in the rest of this season or not, I would still rather a striker come in on a short term loan deal than spend the kind of money that Peterborough are talking about for Mackail-Smith.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Read somewhere this weekend that Chris Martin is approx 2 weeks away from returning. If this is to training or to first team contention i''m not sure.[/quote]

Yes I also think I heard Lambert say Chrissie was about 2 weeks away from full training, so with the international break he should be hopefully fit for some of the April games.

Martin does not bring goals to the team though , what we need is somebody who can put a chance away . That lad Swansea got in looked very classy yesterday , lets hope Lambert can pull something out of the hat by Thursday.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Canary Boy"]could he cut it at Championship level, let alone the top flight. [/quote]He cut it in the Championship last season.[/quote]That''s rather debatable.[/quote]He scored 10 League goals in a very poor Peterborough team that were relegated, that''s more than our strikers (except Holty) have scored this season.  [/quote]

... but none of our current strikers have cost a million let alone 3 million so that''s not a fair comparison is it. 1 goal in every 4 games is poor for a 3m striker and we do have a striker in reserve who would better that next season IMO.[;)]

[/quote]CMS hadn''t cost £3m when he played in the Championship for Peterborough a team that struggled all season, our problem this season is we are creating chances for our strikers but they''re not converting enough of them.

I can''t believe your complaining, if it were any other player you would of discarded the top as tosh as the post said "I have a mate who works for Norwich" etc.Everyone seemed to be buyin into it. If it happens I''ll happily eat my own words.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Has it been deleted for some strange reason?
[/quote]

Looks like they''ve all been merged into this thread which is probably a good idea [:)]